PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Mag Choice

bushwhacker2k
May 1, 2010, 07:48 PM
I'm already planning on getting a Madhu for my RaCast but I'm not really sure what stats I should shoot for...

If the PSO Character Manager is to be believed, having over 50 Dex would be useless so that's definitely the max, and I want to keep it even so I don't have any wasted points.

Pass on Def and Mind so they stay at base levels...

Anyways, I guess my question is:

1) Is maximum ATA necessary for RaCasts?

2) Does anyone know the highest Pow that I can get with a basic Mag (i.e. no special mags)?

---

Just tried playing as my Force and... I figure I must be doing something wrong. I flat out SUCK as a force, I get halfway through an area before my TP runs out...

Can I get some Force advice here or should I start a new topic?

I figure since my Ranger is a nice bit higher in lvl, perhaps once his Mag is finished I'll work on my Force's Mag with him...

psofan219
May 2, 2010, 12:36 AM
Okay, for your Ranger:
I'm saying ATA is important to anyone who doesn't use techs as their main offensive art, so yes, max ATA can be very beneficial. And the highest Power you can get on a non-rare MAG is beyond 180, but that would mean you can't have anything else raised much to be helpful. But yes it's very much possible to have a non-rare MAG with 5/145/50/0 as its stats.

Now for your Force:
The simple way: Grab a gun and shoot at things that move
The hard way: My method's a bit complex, so uhh... if you really want to know an effective way to get the most of your TP, leave me a message on my profile and I'll PM it to you. Heads-up though, my method involves a lot of math, so if you're not good at it, don't bother asking, just get a gun and shoot stuff with it, or just rough out the (assuming) low TP amount you have at the moment. The time will come when you can clear out entire levels of rooms without worrying too much about your TP.

bushwhacker2k
May 2, 2010, 10:45 AM
I'm curious as to how you use math with your Force :D

So if you don't want to tell me here, if you could PM me that'd be swell.

I'm still a little undecided as to whether I should max ATA or just add a few Dex...

Also unrelated but are the Ruins supposed to be a bit of a jump from the Mines? It feels overwhelming sometimes...

psofan219
May 2, 2010, 01:45 PM
Yes, the Ruins is actually a close simulation to the Forest on Hard, at least from what I've experienced. The enemies hit quite hard and have a good chunk of health.