PDA

View Full Version : Game Lost planet 2, is there anyone here who play it?

Arika
May 2, 2010, 10:51 AM
Just want to check a bit if anybody here playing that game, so I can add friend-list.

Boxblaster
May 2, 2010, 01:05 PM
I've played the demos. Both were fun, but I prefer the co-op experience then competitive one. I'm awaiting the US release now, and plan on getting it when it there's a good deal on it. Then I plan on playing it a lot. I was one of the people who was actually a big fan of the first one.

Niered
May 2, 2010, 05:53 PM
Liked Co-op enough that its a day one purchase for me, only played competitive so I can snag the level 2 machine gun on launch.

Delete
May 3, 2010, 11:51 AM
I'm definitely getting it when it comes out, loved the demo (although I'm more interested in the co-op mode).

Arika
May 3, 2010, 12:16 PM
IS there anybody who gonna get on PC version??
I wonder if PC version will be able to play with xbox server again? or do they have a hope to play with PS3 server this time?

Most of my friends seem to play on PS3, but I prefer one for PC D:

amtalx
May 3, 2010, 12:55 PM
It's unlikely that the XBL servers will link up with PC servers. The XBL servers are practically surrounded my land mines and snipers. I'd be surprised if there is any cross-server support. Each platform will probably have its own set of servers.

Rubius-sama
May 3, 2010, 01:47 PM
It's unlikely that the XBL servers will link up with PC servers. The XBL servers are practically surrounded my land mines and snipers. I'd be surprised if there is any cross-server support. Each platform will probably have its own set of servers.

It did happen on one game that I know of: Shadowrun. The Xbox players kicked the crap out of the PC players. Lol

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 3, 2010, 04:34 PM
wut is lost planet, can someone explain wut kind of game it is?

Outrider
May 3, 2010, 04:50 PM
wut is lost planet, can someone explain wut kind of game it is?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Lost+Planet+2

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 3, 2010, 04:58 PM
wooooooow that's hilarious but, yah i probably should have done that

joefro
May 3, 2010, 05:40 PM
@guywholovescreed
You should use Google for your questions. She's always waiting and ready with answers.

@OP
I might get it. I enjoyed the co-op demo very much so. I haven't tried the multiplayer demo yet, though.

AC9breaker
May 3, 2010, 11:03 PM
While I really enjoyed the demo, and thought part one was quite decent, I have decided I will sit this game out. Between Super Street Fighter and Monster Hunter Tri, I've given Capcom enough of my money. I've spent enough money on games as it is and need to curb my expenditures on games. I will however definitely be gameflying this. Assuming of course they don't send me another mediocre game on my list.

Seira7
May 7, 2010, 01:09 PM
*raises hand*

I'll be playing it, but on ps3, if anyone wants to add me my GT is lunagroove.
I am so stoked for this game XD

Kent
May 7, 2010, 02:05 PM
I rather enjoyed the co-op demo, so I'll probably be picking the game up when it launches next week. That demo is really addictive.

Nitro Vordex
May 7, 2010, 05:57 PM
I played the demo, but I didn't get to play with anyone, so my experience is probably somewhat dulled down.

I didn't play the first Lost Planet, but I was expecting grappling hooking everywhere, which would have been fun, except you can't use it if you're jumping/aerial.

If anyone wants to play the demo with me and show me how to play without getting stomped, let me know. My Gamertag is in the Sticky. If your Gamertag isn't the same as your account name, message me at the same time so I know who ya are. ;o

Max B
May 7, 2010, 06:22 PM
I played the demo, but I didn't get to play with anyone, so my experience is probably somewhat dulled down.

I didn't play the first Lost Planet, but I was expecting grappling hooking everywhere, which would have been fun, except you can't use it if you're jumping/aerial.

If anyone wants to play the demo with me and show me how to play without getting stomped, let me know. My Gamertag is in the Sticky. If your Gamertag isn't the same as your account name, message me at the same time so I know who ya are. ;o

Hey my Gamertag is SmokeTwo2 I am up to play it just msg my Gt.

ashley50
May 7, 2010, 07:08 PM
Getting it on Day one :E...

PS3 That is :E...

Niered
May 7, 2010, 11:12 PM
Has there been any major news on how much of an effect the RPG elements in this game have? I getting more of a Modern Warfare vibe than a true RPG vibe, it feels like you unlock additional loadout options more than anything else. Not that either is a bad route, just confirming.

Boxblaster
May 8, 2010, 07:08 AM
I think leveling is for cosmetics only. You don't receive new weapons,or weapon upgrades, or anything like that. And then there's box drops, which I cannot remember if they're credits for new costumes, or if they're pieces themselves.

Niered
May 8, 2010, 12:14 PM
I think leveling is for cosmetics only. You don't receive new weapons,or weapon upgrades, or anything like that. And then there's box drops, which I cannot remember if they're credits for new costumes, or if they're pieces themselves.

I know that thats not totally true. You do unlock new weapons, because the multiplayer versus demo allows you to choose from the level 1 or 2 machine guns. Although I do think your right about it mostly being cosmetic.

joefro
May 8, 2010, 02:30 PM
After watching more videos and reading some reviews, I think I'll pass on it. I think I'll get Red Dead Redemption instead.

Arika
May 9, 2010, 11:10 AM
Sadly US/EU side get the game first this time.

JP ver gonna out at 20th May,

Boxblaster
May 12, 2010, 03:04 PM
I know that thats not totally true. You do unlock new weapons, because the multiplayer versus demo allows you to choose from the level 1 or 2 machine guns. Although I do think your right about it mostly being cosmetic.

Ah, I forgot about that aspect. I need to research this further. And as I'm low on cash, it'll be awhile until I can afford any game.

amtalx
May 12, 2010, 04:50 PM
After watching more videos and reading some reviews, I think I'll pass on it. I think I'll get Red Dead Redemption instead.

Agreed. Although I do have to admit that I find it amusing when a developer takes what should have been a slam dunk and shoots it right into the rafters.

Kent
May 13, 2010, 03:05 PM
After reading a few reviews of the game (and actually playing it myself), I have to say that for the most part, they... might not have bothered to read the manual. Or any tips in the game, really.

The ally AI isn't as terrible as they make it out to be (though they have trouble judging distances of certain weapons sometimes), and the bosses are only frustrating and knocking you around everywhere if you're doing it wrong and forgetting that you actually have things you can do to dodge attacks.

I haven't played more than the demo of the first entry in the series, so I can't really comment on what was an improvement or what wasn't, but Lost Planet 2, as it stands alone, is actually a pretty great game, and very fun. If you've played the co-op demo and you liked it, then it's probably worth a purchase - because that demo is a real sample of what you'll be getting, just with more enemies in more varied environments.

At least, the campaign is. I haven't gotten into the competitive multiplayer yet (which has a mode that works like an essential equivalent of how Chromehounds worked, in addition to the standard options of just playing ranked and player matches).

Boxblaster
May 13, 2010, 05:54 PM
While having yet to play it myself, I feel they may have given this game similar treatment they've given monster hunter in the past. I've usually seen bad/mediocre reviews for this game, yet on 1up, I've seen a great review from a user (that seemed very professional), that gave praise to the game. I'm confused, but want to pick it up sometime to see for myself.

Niered
May 13, 2010, 10:23 PM
I've seen a great review from a user (that seemed very professional), that gave praise to the game.

Well thats bound to be a great source!
In all seriousness, this is the type of game that I really don't care about reviews for. I thoroughly enjoyed the co-op demo, and assuming that the game is more of the same, then I see no reason not to purchase. Unfortunately, I'm considerably tighter on cash than I thought I would be at this point, so that won't be happening immediately.

Luckily, my brother's gift to me for graduating college, Just Cause 2, is more than enough game to tie me over until then.

Palle
May 14, 2010, 05:50 PM
I've been looking for something my brother and I can play together other than Forza III, and was considering this. I've asked some of my Live friends for their assessments, and have seen mixed reviews here and elsewhere. I'm not big on most shooters, having only a couple hours' experience doing co-op campaign in Halo 3, but my brother is ace at PC FPS.

So I guess I'm asking, is the online co-op alone worth the purchase, or should I keep looking?

amtalx
May 14, 2010, 06:09 PM
Keep looking. If you want something that has a fun co-op mode, but doesn't require split second timing and pinpoint aim, try Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Kent
May 15, 2010, 01:35 PM
I've been looking for something my brother and I can play together other than Forza III, and was considering this. I've asked some of my Live friends for their assessments, and have seen mixed reviews here and elsewhere. I'm not big on most shooters, having only a couple hours' experience doing co-op campaign in Halo 3, but my brother is ace at PC FPS.

So I guess I'm asking, is the online co-op alone worth the purchase, or should I keep looking?
This game is, through and through, a multiplayer game. The ability to play the campaign mode alone is almost like a token gesture - just like it was with Phantasy Star Online, Diablo/II, and similar games; the single-player portion is a bit lackluster, but once you get into it with a group of friends (or just one other person, as I've been mostly doing), it's a blast, and it's only magnified by the way the game ties in its customization of both abilities and weapons together. I, myself, purchased the game because of the multiplayer co-op, and I think it's worth the purchase for that alone, but the competitive multiplayer is proving to be pretty fun, too.

As for not having a lot of experience with shooters, well... I guess that's why we have easy mode. The game isn't too difficult on Normal difficulty, but I'm kind of a junkie for the co-operative action games in general.

Not to mention, that the game itself has tons of stuff to unlock - a couple dozen different types of weapons and types of grenades, a bunch of different swappable abilities you can equip, and literally hundreds of character titles and emotes. If you get into it, and you're someone who likes collecting stuff, it'll definitely last you a long time.

ashley50
May 15, 2010, 04:54 PM
if you have friends that could fill up the other 3 slots for campaign missions, its hella fun.

Especially when all you you play it for the first time, and have no idea on how to beat a boss fight. This happened to me and my friends who got to mission 3 boss and that fight was a hell at first and it took us a few tries to come up with a plan on how to do things. (that boss fight was by far where the cooperation/teamwork really shines).

Niered
May 16, 2010, 12:26 PM
Despite the mixed reviews, I plan on picking this up still. I really really enjoyed the demo, (Co-op, competitive has never been my thing). If I hadn't played the demo and read the reviews only, I probably would have written this off, but I really didn't notice the "clunkiness" of the controls when I played the demo, so I find it hard to see myself not enjoying the rest of the game.

Delete
May 17, 2010, 04:02 AM
Despite the mixed reviews, I plan on picking this up still. I really really enjoyed the demo, (Co-op, competitive has never been my thing). If I hadn't played the demo and read the reviews only, I probably would have written this off, but I really didn't notice the "clunkiness" of the controls when I played the demo, so I find it hard to see myself not enjoying the rest of the game.

Here's the "Plain and simple Truth" response to the game that everyone should agree with.....

When your fighting humans, the game is completely boring (friends help, but you'll still be rushing through these parts).

The Akrid is what you want to fight and they are what makes the game fun. Especially the bosses.

Kent
May 17, 2010, 01:15 PM
Here's the "Plain and simple Truth" response to the game that everyone should agree with.....

When your fighting humans, the game is completely boring (friends help, but you'll still be rushing through these parts).

The Akrid is what you want to fight and they are what makes the game fun. Especially the bosses.
I actually thought the gunfights were rather fun. Particularly the entirety of Chapter 5.

That's not to say they the fights against monstrous Akrid aren't better, just that the gunfights with other humans aren't bad at all.