PDA

View Full Version : GC Books of Katana HELP!!!

Megatron0088
May 3, 2010, 12:26 AM
what are the books of katana good for in the quest "Claire's shop"? i am able to trade for these using items such as agito replicas,sange,yamato,kasami bracer, asuka,yasha, and kamui, etc.... but what do these books do? i dont want to trade my stuff without knowing what these books are....

HeartBreak301
May 3, 2010, 12:32 AM
The Books of Katana are BB exclusive.

Splash
May 3, 2010, 02:51 AM
They don't do anything.

HeartBreak301
May 3, 2010, 03:13 AM
They're just trade in requirements to get a Two Kamui.

Megatron0088
May 3, 2010, 12:50 PM
they apparently arent only for blue burst cuz i am able to trade for these at the mission "claires shop". by two kamui, u mean a twin kamui sabers weapon? who can use this? is there a link to see details? the requirements for all 3 books are outrageously big for a twin saber.

Ce'Nedra
May 3, 2010, 01:02 PM
They're just trade in requirements to get a Two Kamui.

On Gamecube we get the list of items Megatron posted. Claire's shop isnt BB exclusive anymore, there are more BB quests that have been ported to GC.

@Megatron: Twin Kamui is a dagger where you hold 2 Kamuis. It's a BB exclusive item that's why we can't get it on GC and get a diffrent set of items to pick from.

Here is a link to the item http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2513

DC_PLAYER
May 3, 2010, 01:08 PM
The Books of Katana are BB exclusive.

Other versions of the game also has them.

Megatron0088
May 7, 2010, 12:04 PM
i acquired KATANA BOOKS 2 and 3. to get the first book, i have to trade agito auw 1977,1980,1983,1991, and 2001. I have all of these except for the agito auw 1991. i have a redria who is lv 123 but for the control center tower he is not strong enough on his own to fight Merikles when they do Megid and fight in pairs. I need assistance of a ranger and a force and an android. all higher levels than me if not equal to ensure success. the drop rate is 1/46 Merikles for this agito. i fought 3 before i couldnt go any further on my own.

Puppet_Papaya
May 9, 2010, 04:09 PM
The Books of Katana were available in the first Dreamcast edition of the game. They were rare drops and did....nothing? I think?

sCI
May 9, 2010, 04:52 PM
Back when my bro found one of 'em on DC.....he told me you needed the '75 agito and the two books to make the oro-whatever.

I think we were wrong. :lol: And still have no clue as to what they do on the DC platform.

Megatron0088
May 11, 2010, 11:31 AM
The Books of Katana were available in the first Dreamcast edition of the game. They were rare drops and did....nothing? I think?

by themselves they are useless. but all three together are supposed to yield a new item called "twin Kamui".

psofan219
May 11, 2010, 11:52 AM
Two Kamui is a BB-only item; meaning it's unavailable on GC.

DuRaL
May 11, 2010, 03:02 PM
On DC they were needed to make Orochi Agito, iirc.
And on PSOBB for Two Kamui.

They aren't needed on Gamecube PSO at all, so there's no need for you to hunt that Agito..

HeartBreak301
May 11, 2010, 03:03 PM
Hmm, I must have gotten some bad info. Oh well.

May 11, 2010, 07:57 PM
Ya I don't recall them doing anything in DC, to make orotiagito you just had to take agito 75 to some guy in a quest. I think BB is the first time they do anything.

DC_PLAYER
May 12, 2010, 10:30 AM
On DC they make you win 1 meseta when you sell it at the shops i think.

sCI
May 12, 2010, 10:08 PM
^:lol: Oh really, well isn't that worth their pathetic drop rates(they're pathetic, right?).

You still playing DC, bro? Or have you retired yet?

DC_PLAYER
May 13, 2010, 05:49 AM
I'm retired i guess, but i'm still interested and i play when i'm in the mood.

I don't know regarding all books, but i have found the 3rd one a few times on vhard caves, it's not that rare, but considering it's only worth 1 meseta then it's a pathetic drop, i keep it because i like to collect that kind of items.

sCI
May 14, 2010, 01:56 PM
^^Have you been doing anything online wise?

I may play again someday when I get another DC...Until then. Nothin.

I still have a dream of playing DC multiplayer which I have not yet been able to do.:(

DC_PLAYER
May 14, 2010, 02:32 PM
I'm on a private server (no not that one that begins with shi*) and we sometimes play together, i don't use my dc online because i can't atm, but low level players or even cmode can be done with me using pso ver.2 for pc
:D

sCI
May 14, 2010, 07:08 PM
I always dreamed of a way to connect DC's through a LAN.....but that apparently doesn't make sense to people who actually know what they're doing.

Maybe I'll do it right someday.

I'd play on the PC if I could convert my saved files from the DC to the PC, and then back to the DC(back and forth, again and again)....but other than that.....ehhh.

Still waiting for PSO Ver.3 to come out? 8-)

I am.....:lol:

DC_PLAYER
May 15, 2010, 06:12 AM
The best you can do is recreate your char on PSO PC, the other way around is harder.