PDA

View Full Version : Whats that one sword called

Zae
Mar 4, 2003, 10:12 AM
The mission where the guy wants to kill 10000 monsters. and he askes you do help since he only haves 30 mins left to live. i wish my body could tell me when i only have a half hour to live , buit that would actrully be kinda scary. anyways he has a crazy sword im not sure what it was but it was a long sword i think and was gray.

Does anyone know?

Buuyon
Mar 4, 2003, 10:40 AM
I never did that quest but im thinking J sword or a oratigato...

TedEdFred
Mar 4, 2003, 11:11 AM
Zanba

Stalfos333
Mar 4, 2003, 12:36 PM
It's a large sword, that's grey and quite thick, as opposed to the thinner katana-like Orotiagito. The Zanba is frequently called "Cloud's Sword" from FFVII.

Savrak
Mar 4, 2003, 01:25 PM
This topic has been made at least 50 times. Jeez will people grow beyond FF7. No more SSJ4SEPHROITH

Zae
Mar 4, 2003, 02:45 PM
Have any of you actrully played that quest because i dont think its any of those things
the Zanba are there any screenshots that you guys know of for that

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zae on 2003-03-04 11:48 ]</font>

sharkie-do
Mar 4, 2003, 02:56 PM
Penny Arcade rules!!!!
-
And yes, its da zanba.

Zae
Mar 4, 2003, 02:57 PM
Some guy On AIM is arguing with me on what it is and i still doint know what the hell its called but the Zanba i think is what it was doesnt have any pictures but some one said it was like clouds swords and thats what first came to mind when i saw the bad ass sword

Brundidge
Mar 4, 2003, 03:12 PM
it is the zanba no doubt.

weenston
Mar 4, 2003, 03:18 PM
no no no no, it is a last survivor, i have one!

Brundidge
Mar 4, 2003, 03:21 PM
Last Survivor looks nothing like a "cloud's sword."

Manny
Mar 4, 2003, 03:51 PM
It's Zanba and nothing else.

TedEdFred
Mar 4, 2003, 04:47 PM
On 2003-03-04 11:57, Zae wrote:
Some guy On AIM is arguing with me on what it is and i still doint know what the hell its called but the Zanba i think is what it was doesnt have any pictures but some one said it was like clouds swords and thats what first came to mind when i saw the bad ass sword

frickin use google dur...

Ryu_4
Mar 4, 2003, 04:48 PM
hahaha its not last survivor...i have at least 30 of them...damn skyly lolz i dont know if its zanba never seen one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif but if they say its zanba its zanba dude

Davion
Mar 4, 2003, 05:26 PM
It is the Zanba. Ragol.com used to have it on file with a pic. I'm willing to stake my GC on the fact that it is a Zanba, and that the Last Survivor looks nothing like it.

Stalfos333
Mar 4, 2003, 09:02 PM
The Last Survivor looks like a large hunting knife, a much sleeker look than the Zanba. It's much more curved than the Zanba, which is all angles. They are the same steely grey, though, so that's in common.

TheDarkRaven
Mar 4, 2003, 10:40 PM
Okay, my friend said he found some wild sword. I don't believe him one bit but he said its called the "SSword" (yes with two S's) or something like that. He said it was used by General Flowen's friend and when you pick it up, a video sequence takes place. It's in some round room with a giant brain thing that kills Flowen's friend with a purple cloud thing, yadda yadda yadda. It sounds like a load of poo. He also claims that it looks like the sword that falls on the ground after you beat Olga Flow. He found it on hard mode in the seabed, lower levels. I havent seen it yet, but now he said he sold it for 17,000 meseta. I must admit my friend has tricked me like this, but he always confesses to it within 5 minutes. It's been a few weeks now and he still hasn't. All I want to know is, has somebody else found this weapon? PLEASE!! END MY TORMENT FROM THIS FOO-FOO SWORD!!! That will be all, thank you.

GandorDurin
Mar 4, 2003, 10:55 PM
On 2003-03-04 19:40, TheDarkRaven wrote:
Okay, my friend said he found some wild sword. I don't believe him one bit but he said its called the "SSword" (yes with two S's) or something like that. He said it was used by General Flowen's friend and when you pick it up, a video sequence takes place. It's in some round room with a giant brain thing that kills Flowen's friend with a purple cloud thing, yadda yadda yadda. It sounds like a load of poo. He also claims that it looks like the sword that falls on the ground after you beat Olga Flow. He found it on hard mode in the seabed, lower levels. I havent seen it yet, but now he said he sold it for 17,000 meseta. I must admit my friend has tricked me like this, but he always confesses to it within 5 minutes. It's been a few weeks now and he still hasn't. All I want to know is, has somebody else found this weapon? PLEASE!! END MY TORMENT FROM THIS FOO-FOO SWORD!!! That will be all, thank you.

That's some funny stuff. I especially like the part where he sold it for 17,000 meseta, especially since rare items sell for 10.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

shiznitty
Mar 4, 2003, 11:08 PM
BWHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*I'm moved to tears*
THAT IS THE FUNNIEST LOAD OF BS OIVE EVER SEEN
AHAHHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!
NO offense, but you friend could not be more retarded or stupid (no offense again)
HE SHOULD BE SMACKED FOR MAKING SUCH A STORY UP
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
THe story is hilarious!!!!!

FluxGryphon
Mar 5, 2003, 01:39 AM
As said many times before, the 'Cloud's Sword' is definitely the Zanba. If you want to see a non-screenshot picture of it, check out some of Hikosaka's fan art in PSOW. There's a pic of Davion (wonder where his portrait came from?) holding a Zanba. http://pso-world.com/images/fanart/Hikosaka_davion.jpg

Note his ID. Skyly finds them in the Deathbeds - *cough* er, I mean Seabed, yes thankyou, on Ultimate difficulty. I don't remember which critter drops it, but thankfully you can find Standstill shields in there too on the same ID.

VulpesMundi
Mar 5, 2003, 03:59 AM
PSO Quest shows a picture of Donoph holding the Zanba. It can be found at the following URL...
http://www.psoquest.com/ep2-weap12.shtml

The interesting thing to note is that the Zanba isn't a very useful weapon for something so difficult to find. Here's a rundown of the better swords (not including the Dark Flow since it can't combo).

Zanba
req: 710 ATP
ATP: 438 + 38x2 = 514
ATA: 38
rating: 10-star

Chain Sawd
req: 700 ATP
ATP: 525 + 15x2 = 555
ATA: 36
penalty: -15 EVP

Red Sword
req: 630 ATP
ATP: 611 + 52x2 = 715
ATA: 37

Sealed J-Sword
req: 710 ATP
ATP: 525
ATA: 35
rating: 11-star

Tsumikiri J-Sword
req: 910 ATP
ATP: 756 + 50x2 = 856
ATA: 40
rating: 12-star

Considering both stats and difficulty of finding, the Red Sword is the best sword to hunt. Tsumikiri J-Sword is the strongest, but finding the Sealed J-Sword and then un-sealing it is quite a chore indeed.

Wolfos
Mar 5, 2003, 04:22 AM
Firstly, All the Swords look great http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif and have good stats, Secondly, How do you UN-seal a sword?

Zae
Mar 5, 2003, 03:19 PM
No more guff its the zanba

Davion
Mar 5, 2003, 03:42 PM
On 2003-03-04 22:39, FluxGryphon wrote:
As said many times before, the 'Cloud's Sword' is definitely the Zanba. If you want to see a non-screenshot picture of it, check out some of Hikosaka's fan art in PSOW. There's a pic of Davion (wonder where his portrait came from?) holding a Zanba. http://pso-world.com/images/fanart/Hikosaka_davion.jpg

Note his ID. Skyly finds them in the Deathbeds - *cough* er, I mean Seabed, yes thankyou, on Ultimate difficulty. I don't remember which critter drops it, but thankfully you can find Standstill shields in there too on the same ID.

... Well... That is me, and Hikosaka did draw it, but that sword is only semi- based on the Zanba. The Zanba has a much blockier hilt thing. I wanted a sword that looked heavy and angled for my character. I sent Hiko pics of both the Buster Sword and the Zanba when she made that for me.

(wonder where his portrait came from?)

You mean my Avatar?

FluxGryphon
Mar 5, 2003, 05:23 PM
On 2003-03-05 12:42, Davion wrote:
... Well... That is me, and Hikosaka did draw it, but that sword is only semi- based on the Zanba. The Zanba has a much blockier hilt thing. I wanted a sword that looked heavy and angled for my character. I sent Hiko pics of both the Buster Sword and the Zanba when she made that for me.

Close enough for hoyle, as an old Art teacher o' mine used to say. Even the fact that Hiko referenced both the Zanba and the Buster Sword for the pic is enough to ensure it's the Zanba that warrants the confuzzled phrase, "Isn't that Cloud's sword??" As if we need to beat the point further into the ground. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

You mean my Avatar?

Yep, of course! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I'm used to making portraits for Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, so avy's are the same as portraits to me. *shrugs*

TheDarkRaven
Mar 5, 2003, 11:09 PM
Yes, my friend is stupid. He still won't back down from the story. He is just a sad, sad guy looking for rare weapons. The funniest thing now is that he said he found it in normal mode from a Hildeblue and not on hard mode from a Delbiter. Well, it is obvious this weapon does'nt exist.

Brundidge
Mar 5, 2003, 11:16 PM
On 2003-03-05 20:09, TheDarkRaven wrote:
Yes, my friend is stupid. He still won't back down from the story. He is just a sad, sad guy looking for rare weapons. The funniest thing now is that he said he found it in normal mode from a Hildeblue and not on hard mode from a Delbiter. Well, it is obvious this weapon does'nt exist.

LMAO yo now that's a load of bull but pretty funny since you cannot find anything strong from a rare enemy in normal mode.

TheDarkRaven
Mar 5, 2003, 11:28 PM
Exactly, the best you can get from a rare monster in normal mode is a dragon hp or maybe even one of those funky fusion barriers.

Zae
Mar 6, 2003, 01:21 PM
Thanks and yes that sword that dude has behind his back is the sword im talking about and i have one it is the zanba i found it whileon ultimate with a friends character and secretly traded it to my character with out him knowing i found it hahahaha he still doesnt know

Its carzy cool with my character SilverbLade yeah i know a corny name but my little cousin wanted to make a Hu so i said go ahead but he made him look alright. anyways yeah its cool looking

Davion
Mar 6, 2003, 01:28 PM
On 2003-03-06 10:21, Zae wrote:
Thanks and yes that sword that dude has behind his back is the sword im talking about...

By dude do you mean the pic of Davion that Hikosaka drew?

Cl0ud
Mar 6, 2003, 03:22 PM
i found a zanba. its a freakin zanba people. drop the topic.

Zeebo
Mar 6, 2003, 03:30 PM
said the words right out of my mouth