PDA

View Full Version : About the Gunblade PAs...

Broken_L_button
May 4, 2010, 05:41 PM
Well, after many hours of Wi-Fi, it seems that, with Gunblades, the most popular PA is Earth Bullet. I can see why it is indeed popular (seeing a RAcaseal strike down an Arkzein for 250+ damage per hit with it seemed quite...Convincing shall we say), but what about the other Gunblade PAs?

Impact zero seems to have a nice range, making you able to hit with reasonable power without having to be in the enemy's face, while Bullet Dance, with its nice power and range (despite its lack in accuracy), seems like it would be useful to afflict multiple enemies at once with status effects or to manage an angry mob of...Errrm...mobs that's approaching (unlike the mechgun PAs, the bullets are fired at different heights, making you able to hit small enemies and score multiple hits on taller ones).

Not to mention Bullet Dance looks awesome to boot ^^;

Well, anyways, what are your opinions on the other Gunblade PAs? Are they worthy of use? Or are they utter garbage? I await your opinions.

Seth Astra
May 4, 2010, 06:28 PM
I like them all, but I usually use EB just because I hear it's good (don't use GBs much anyway). And it seems like you forgot that EB does have a similar range to IZ. But yeah, they all seem decent. I know I read someone here a while back used BD for Octo Diablo, and I can see how that would work.

The_Pup
May 5, 2010, 02:33 AM
I don't like using Bullet Dance because it's not as nice as say... Cool Style. Only way I can think that BD is better than CS is if you're prizing killing off more Dark Falz balls than doing damage (though it keeps your character in one spot). CS moves your character through Falz so you won't be vulnerable to balls.

IZ and EB are alright. IZ does have a little more range than EB and a wider radius.

leviayurashyguy
May 5, 2010, 09:04 AM
in this game, what matter most is the damage output. EB puts out the most damage of all the Gublade PA's. as and added bonus, it has the highest ATA mod of the PA's also, making up for the Gunblades crappy ATA.

ARChan
May 6, 2010, 05:27 PM
Eh, here's what I found out:

Earth Bullet has a guaranteed line that could hit the enemy with all 3 of the hits. It has the highest flinch rate that rivals a sword swing. The bad side is that it keeps you stationary for a longer period, having you easily prone to being sideswiped.

Impact Zero attacks a straight line and has an explosion at the end of the attack. What's nice is that it keeps you mobile. The bad side is that it's not guaranteed to hit on all hits.

Bullet Dance attacks enemies in all directions. If talking about directions of a clock, the effective points are 1:30, 4:30, 7:30, and 10:30 but not at point blank. What's nice is that this one has a higher affect probability because of how many times you can hit an enemy (at least 3 times if you connect). The bad side is that it keeps you stationary but you're less prone because you're able to hit enemies behind you.

Broken_L_button
May 6, 2010, 05:29 PM
Eh, here's what I found out:

Earth Bullet has a guaranteed line that could hit the enemy with all 3 of the hits. It has the highest flinch rate that rivals a sword swing. The bad side is that it keeps you stationary.

Impact Zero attacks a straight line and has an explosion at the end of the attack. What's nice is that it keeps you mobile. The bad side is that it's not guaranteed to hit on all hits.

Bullet Dance attacks enemies in all directions. If talking about directions of a clock, the effective points are 1:30, 4:30, 7:30, and 10:30 but not at point blank. What's nice is that this one has a higher affect probability because of how many times you can hit an enemy (at least 3 times if you connect). The bad side is that it keeps you stationary.

IMO, Bullet Dance beats the others for the simple fact that it looks so...So...SO AWESOME. Yep, I'm biased.

ARChan
May 6, 2010, 05:33 PM
IMO, Bullet Dance beats the others for the simple fact that it looks so...So...SO AWESOME. Yep, I'm biased.

I like it too ^_^ I especially like using it in places that are more resistant to bullets than blades, just to have my bullet needs appeased :D

Seth Astra
May 6, 2010, 05:42 PM
I personally like the look of EB and IZ over BD. Mostly since I like sword attacks that shoot out energy waves (EB) or that rip the ground appart on impact (IZ). Although BD does look kinda cool.