PDA

View Full Version : Flowen and DB

janitorbob
Mar 4, 2003, 10:45 AM
Is there a "real" DB or Flowens sword? Ya know the one that boosts the stats. I can't find out which one it is. Also is there a back sotry i dont know about.

VulpesMundi
Mar 4, 2003, 01:32 PM
All of the Flowen's and DB's gear in E1&2 are replicas. The real Flowen's Sword is technically the Dark Flow, but I'm willing to wager that doesn't give any bonuses with Flowen's Frame and Shield either.

As for back story, there's a little tidbit hidden in the offline quest Retired Hunter. You just have to unlock the extra area in Forest 2. And that doesn't even consider the fact that episode II revolves entirely around Flowen.

KirbMeister
Mar 4, 2003, 01:37 PM
What "extra area" in Forest 2?

scmfxt
Mar 4, 2003, 01:44 PM
Yeah, what extra area? I like to know also. lol

VulpesMundi
Mar 4, 2003, 08:59 PM
As far as I know, this is what you need to do to access the extra area (there's a lot of speculation so this may not be accurrate, but it worked for me)...

Donoph will talk to you at the start of the quest and request that you don't tell anybody what he's doing. After he takes off, go over and talk to the nurse, Alicia (the yellow FOmarl), and the tekker, all standing on the main deck of Pioneer 2. Talk to them twice to make sure they don't say anything extra. Then follow Donoph into the Ruins and clear the enemies as usual. After Donoph gives his final farewell return to Pioneer 2 and speak to Alicia again. If the extra area opened a success sound will chime after you finish talking with her. You can now take the Pioneer 2 portal to Forest 2. After you finish gathering information from Forest 2, make sure you speak to Alicia again.

DB
Mar 5, 2003, 04:59 AM
Yeah, it gives a little away, but hey... It's getting more and more difficult to find good story lines in MMORPGs. So, some people just have to carry the torch, and create stories themselves, with whatever remains. Or start an entire story on their own. I mean, that is why people try to be individuals right? To make a name for themselves, to stand out, to be different. To get some acknowlegdment from other players, or people... That somehow, they have affected others, in a negative, or positive way. I try to affect people in a positive manner. But, think as you like. And the back story is cool by the way.

Armok
Mar 5, 2003, 08:28 AM
The real flownes the one which is ment to read

'Thinking of his good friend Flowen Mick pored his heart and soul into this sword' or something like that. Don't know the year sorry.

Isn't it weird that over time ppl seem to know less and less information about this games stuff.

If u check back to like page 20 something on this board theres a topic proving the bonuses given by the Custom set, db set and flowen set. Think it gives the years for the swords too. Plz someone look it up.

incognito32
Mar 5, 2003, 12:25 PM
On 2003-03-04 17:59, VulpesMundi wrote:
After he takes off, go over and talk to the nurse, Alicia (the yellow FOmarl), and the tekker, all standing on the main deck of Pioneer 2.

i do not believe that is Alicia. perhaps another close Oran relation...

Blue-Hawk
Mar 5, 2003, 12:55 PM
we see all about flowen here, but what about db? who was he/she and why was he/she so stupid to lose so many sabers and swords? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

KirbMeister
Mar 5, 2003, 01:46 PM
I was reading past post and they say that DB stands for Donoph Baz and it seems logical.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

VulpesMundi
Mar 5, 2003, 09:09 PM
On 2003-03-05 09:25, incognito32 wrote:
i do not believe that is Alicia. perhaps another close Oran relation...

Go through the quest and get the extra area. It's Alicia. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As for DB standing for Donoph Baz, it's possible. Donoph is referred to as "Alicia's favorite uncle." The problem is that Alicia is someone else's adopted daughter (again, go through the quest and get the extra area to see). So the question is: is he really her unlce or is that said as a familiar term? Some people will refer to a family friend as an uncle. And if Donoph really is her uncle, how come he didn't adopt Alicia? The plot thickens. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DB
Mar 6, 2003, 02:48 AM
So many twists and turns... You never know where you're goin to end up on the path you have chosen.