PDA

View Full Version : Japanese US Version differences?

Aron
May 6, 2010, 10:33 AM
hello everyone, as a found on the web that weapon trading of weapons from the password machine betweed japanese and the us version caused a model exchange of the weapon, and that the passwords are also different. i thought about, maybe there are alot more differences of these versions. so if anybody knows i would like to hear their notifications of differences they know. im gonna start the list:

- Voice difference (for example japanese version there screams Sarisa all the time and I also like the male voices alot more)

- Password Machine code differences (different codes)

- Weapon trade from Password Machine weapons cause different models (same stats but diffrent weapons as i heard of)

would be happy if you all could continue the list, please! :D

Aron

Broken_L_button
May 6, 2010, 11:53 AM
- Voice difference (for example japanese version there screams Sarisa all the time and I also like the male voices alot more)

^RAcast's "SEAT-BELT" grunt FTW!

Also...More on-topic:

-They took out the song (Hakenai Kokoro, I think...) that you could hear during that little animated sequence that plays if you wait long enough at the title screen

-Title's screen music is different

-The text is SO SMALL...Reading the item names in the US version tires my eyes faster than in the JP version.

-Only 6 characters available for a name in the JP version

-And, most importantly...the presence of Hiragana and Katakana...In the JP version

steaIth
May 6, 2010, 05:20 PM
what is katakana and hiragana

Broken_L_button
May 6, 2010, 05:27 PM
The 2 different alphabets in Japanese orthograph. Hiragana is commonly used with Kanji to write normal Japanese words, while Katakana is used to write words from foreign languages (like English. The Japanese LOVE to write english words in Katakana, making Engrish happen in the process).

steaIth
May 6, 2010, 05:35 PM
oh I see

ARChan
May 6, 2010, 05:38 PM
I'd so hate it if they somehow threw in Kanji =w=

Broken_L_button
May 6, 2010, 05:44 PM
In the US version? Nah, you're fine. The Japanese version's dialog is full of it, though. Lots of Kanji...Too much of it.