PDA

View Full Version : About the arena...

Broken_L_button
May 9, 2010, 01:16 PM
...Does it appear in quests as well? Many thanks in advance for your answers.

tahu631
May 9, 2010, 01:21 PM
ok i add you wanna play?

Broken_L_button
May 9, 2010, 01:32 PM
...If you want to gather a few players to play, you have a better chance at doing so by either:

1-posting on the player match-up forum
2-going on the MSN Zero group

Making other threads go off-topic is a terrible method to gather Wi-Fi buddies. Just my two cents.

DaRkWoLf30
May 9, 2010, 01:42 PM
Hey BLB, Yes they can appear in quests as well, as long as the quest is the full field and not half of the field.

Broken_L_button
May 9, 2010, 01:49 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks a lot!

Cruciarius
May 9, 2010, 02:25 PM
Actually, quests that start at the halfway point can also spawn the arena.

DaRkWoLf30
May 9, 2010, 02:45 PM
Well I did not know that one. Thanks for that one lol.

Broken_L_button
May 9, 2010, 03:24 PM

Ah, so I wasn't wrong after all. I thought that by resetting over and over one of the Dark shrine quests until I got an arena, it could be a better method to hunt down a Yonohate In (since the arena there has 3 Zaphobos Dynas, and often gets boosted mobs) rather than running shrine online. Thanks a lot for the answer!

Vorlik
May 9, 2010, 03:41 PM

Since when? Have you personally confirmed this?

You can try it BLB, but I wouldn't hold your breath for it to work.

Ech01
May 9, 2010, 06:38 PM
Since when? Have you personally confirmed this?

You can try it BLB, but I wouldn't hold your breath for it to work.

I'm with this guy. I doubt they would make it that easy.

DaRkWoLf30
May 9, 2010, 06:44 PM
I am also going to have to go with above.

Nick O'Demus
May 9, 2010, 08:18 PM
I once asked Chaosmaster when I was new to the game if the Arena could appear in halfway-quests, he said fairly definitively that they did not.

I have also NEVER personally seen an Arena appear on a halfway quest, after doing every quest on Normal and Hard at least once with six different characters, and SuperHard with three, not to mention several attempts at farming certain items on the halfway quests that start off at the Paru, Makara, Arca, and Dark Shrine midpoints. I must've done those well over fifty times, and I never saw an Arena in any of them.

Chaos Rappy
May 9, 2010, 08:21 PM
I once asked Chaosmaster when I was new to the game if the Arena could appear in halfway-quests, he said fairly definitively that they did not.

I have also NEVER personally seen an Arena appear on a halfway quest, after doing every quest on Normal and Hard at least once with six different characters, and SuperHard with three, not to mention several attempts at farming certain items on the halfway quests that start off at the Paru, Makara, Arca, and Dark Shrine midpoints. I must've done those well over fifty times, and I never saw an Arena in any of them.

Yup, I done TONS of them, and not a single time did the arena appear, for me or anyone else attempting the same thing.

Cruciarius
May 9, 2010, 08:46 PM
Back when I needed a divine/power, I was informed that doing the A Small Friend quest was the best way to hunt it. Was also told that the arena could appear in that quest.

Personally, I prefer running full runs, not taking and canceling quests, so I've never actually seen the arena during those half area quests.

I posted stating that it can appear in them, since others have told me that it can. Sorry for the misinformation, but apparently others were also informed wrong, if this is indeed true.

zeital
May 9, 2010, 08:49 PM
I posted stating that it can appear in them, since others have told me that it can. Sorry for the misinformation, but apparently others were also informed wrong, if this is indeed true.

well my dear sir u have been lied to cuz u can't get arenas in 1/2 run quests who ever said that u could is a damn idiot

Noblewine
May 9, 2010, 09:56 PM
The arena will appear randomly on normal runs or quest.

saphira
May 10, 2010, 02:05 PM
I'm very interrested in.
Once i've tried 40 time a mid-level quest, but i didn't find the arena.
I will try it again.

Vorlik
May 10, 2010, 02:40 PM
I'm very interrested in.
Once i've tried 40 time a mid-level quest, but i didn't find the arena.
I will try it again.

Read the whole thread....the statement you are quoting has been shown to be false. Save yourself the time, don't try it again.

Kastore
May 10, 2010, 02:40 PM
Well, I can say this out of my own experience. The first time I found the arena I was on a Normal 1/2 field quest. In fact, I got it two times in a row while doing the half field quests that followed it. :) Maybe the spawn rate for it is just less during quests?

White-Disaster
May 10, 2010, 03:07 PM
pff... I´ve done maybe 50 shrine quests starting at the middle (the tachiyon gun quest) and no arena...

zeital
May 10, 2010, 05:56 PM
there is no point doing 1/2 run quests to find an arena! it will not happen, I'm sorry kas but i doubt it was a 1/2 run quest, most of the time the treasure box spawns on where the arena appears on the 1/2 run quests

Kastore
May 10, 2010, 07:05 PM
Not for Makara ruins, or for Arca plant. Those were my first two. O.O

Broken_L_button
May 10, 2010, 07:20 PM
there is no point doing 1/2 run quests to find an arena! it will not happen, I'm sorry kas but i doubt it was a 1/2 run quest, most of the time the treasure box spawns on where the arena appears on the 1/2 run quests

Not for Makara ruins, or for Arca plant. Those were my first two. O.O

...Nor for Snowfield, Dark shrine, Ozette, Paru or Valley. I've found the arena in all areas, but have yet to find it in 1/2 quests. At the very least, I can say the box DOESN'T spawn at a different spot whether you do a 1/2 quest or a full run.

Nick O'Demus
May 10, 2010, 10:12 PM
most of the time the treasure box spawns on where the arena appears on the 1/2 run quests

I've only seen it do that in Story mode. But still, I've done somewhere between 50 to 100 attempts at farming drops from midpoint enemies by using the 1/2-run Quests to skip straight to them, and I never saw an Arena appear.

zeital
May 10, 2010, 10:20 PM
the point still stands, u can see the amount of people that have posted here saying, that it just doesn't happen

Broken_L_button
May 10, 2010, 10:29 PM
True. Then again...Who knows? The only real conclusion to draw from this is that it's a RIDICULOUSLY small chance.

Kastore
May 11, 2010, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I know my memory kinda sucks sometimes, and logically the arena really shouldn't show up at a half point... I think I'm going to try this one out myself. ;)