PDA

View Full Version : How do they get hired?

Skuld_0
Mar 4, 2003, 03:55 PM
I went to the local gamestop and asked the manager..thats right a manager when pso ep 1 & 2 is gonna be released. She said well not till april and its only version one the onld one from the dreamcast. ................WHY how do they get hired and tell people such useless bullshit. has this happened to anyone here?...whats said is, that i was buying that pointless guide to the gc version that has x-box and gamecube version written on it...and she STILL was argueing with me...i hate life.

Ness
Mar 4, 2003, 04:50 PM
The people at may Gamestop are smart.

ULTICOMP
Mar 4, 2003, 09:45 PM
The guys at my GameStop are uber geeks and know everything about video games and other geek things.

sharkie-do
Mar 4, 2003, 11:10 PM
Hahahahahahahahahah! Does anybody read go to penny arcade?

Skuld_0
Mar 5, 2003, 12:33 AM
well i guess you people don't get to Opportunity to get pissed off at stupid sales people..oh well. lol

RuneMcCloud
Mar 5, 2003, 08:50 AM
HEYY I work at game stop. So i resent those remarks. But you know that sad thing is? I agree with you 100%. the people who work with me are X-box fanboys/girls. They wont give any other system a chance. I'm the one that pushing the gamecube and ps2 sales. I'm not saying anything against x-box though. it's a god system. But i just hate how everyone has a one sided opinion about everyother system without a hardrive. And my managers a dick. He thinks just because he is the manager that he is on top of the world *rants and yells out of anger*

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 5, 2003, 02:53 PM
The point I stress to Xbox fanboys/fangirls is this.
It has good hardware but it lacks quite a bit for good software hence the reason I have yet to buy one.

raiden999
Mar 7, 2003, 03:12 PM
On 2003-03-05 11:53, Blood_Dragoon wrote:
The point I stress to Xbox fanboys/fangirls is this.
It has good hardware but it lacks quite a bit for good software hence the reason I have yet to buy one.

my point exactly

polishedweasel
Mar 12, 2003, 12:46 PM
You guys are lucky. Clarksville doesn't have a gamestop. We have a Babbage's I think that they are the same but it doesn't matter. The manager there pushes really hard to sell Xboxes rather than anything else. He had me sit down and watch trailers for 20 minutes with him while my friend was lookin for something to buy. Manaers at those stores are weird!!

War_Child
Mar 12, 2003, 01:36 PM
Do I work at the only store where we suggest systems catering to people's game preference? o_O;;

hollowtip
Mar 15, 2003, 09:14 PM
It matters where you go. I have never went to a gamestop, but ebgames is just as hardcore. Most of the employees are pretty knowedgable, but still (most not all) lack an overall understanding of all platform based gaming. Some just specialize in PC, others for Xbox or gamecube. It's funny listening to their conversations though, since I know the answers most of the time I'll jump in to the conversation, and they're surprised some n00b customer coming into their store puts them in their place http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Blue147
Mar 16, 2003, 06:31 PM
most of the video game people worker things i've seen make rocks look smart.and the nurdish people freak me out.I hate have to go buy games at the local video game stores.

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 17, 2003, 03:19 AM
I remember applying for a job at a Gamestop, well it was Software Etc. . . back then but still they didn't hire me even though I knew more about the merchendise in the store than any of the employees there and fixed their cash regester. Well a few months later I apply for a sales position at a 5 star car dealership, get called for an interview, and get hired. So now I can outbuy the employees at Gamestop even with their employee discount. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif