PDA

View Full Version : starcraft 2 countdown

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 19, 2010, 01:50 PM
so, as you people have probably noticed, i make a lot of countdowns so, in case you don't know Blizzard has officially announced that Starcraft 2:wings of liberty wil be released on July 27 2010 (i know there not very reliable about keeping release dates but i have a good feeling about this one) so here begins the countdown for anyone that cares

69 days remain

joefro
May 19, 2010, 02:08 PM
Actually, the date is 27 July 2010.

:wacko:

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 19, 2010, 02:10 PM
oh, woops, then ill add 10 days to the countdown

thanks, its been changed

amtalx
May 19, 2010, 02:24 PM
SC is a good game, but I suck at it. Personally, the thing I like the most about the release of SCII is that Blizzard can put more man hours on Diablo III. :p

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 19, 2010, 04:35 PM
well, i kinda suck at starcraft too, but the game ahs a whole buch of custom games that make it fun and when i played with people who also weren't very good its fun. also, if this game uses the level system like warcraft 3 for ur profile online u'll be able to find people that aren't good either (lvling system meaning that wen u win a fight ur profile gaines exp, i dont mean warcraft 3 heroes)

The Last Baron
May 19, 2010, 07:39 PM
lol he said 69

I'm thinking about the game. Over the years I've been getting more and more into RTS games, so Starcraft 2 might definitely be worth picking up... but I won't be doing that on release day. Most likely.

Kent
May 20, 2010, 05:43 AM
I'm not much for RTS games really, but StarCraft has always been the fun, sort of odd-man-out of the genre, it seems. Though I'll be the first to admit that I completely suck when it comes to competitive multiplayer, I played the first game (and its expansion) mostly for the campaign and some online co-op scenarios people have made for it.

I am in the StarCraft II beta (hurray for lifted NDA!) and the game is pretty fun, though the lack of any substantial AI is a little disappointing (the only option is "Very Easy," and I'm fairly certain that the Protoss AI at that level is actually non-functional) because I'm not much for competitive play. Some of the new units and structures are pretty awesome though - particularly Vikings and Warp Gates.

Dre_o
May 20, 2010, 11:29 AM
Well, the AI is set to Very Easy for the simple reason that Blizzard didn't want people simply killing computer opponents, they wanted players fighting players in order to test out the Ladder system and unit balance.

Can't reach unit balance fighting against computers.

I'm in the Beta myself (Silver level wooo) and I personally can't wait till the real thing. I need plenty of work, but it is still sweet none the less.

joefro
May 20, 2010, 12:13 PM
I'm not much for RTS games really, but StarCraft has always been the fun, sort of odd-man-out of the genre, it seems. Though I'll be the first to admit that I completely suck when it comes to competitive multiplayer, I played the first game (and its expansion) mostly for the campaign and some online co-op scenarios people have made for it.

I am in the StarCraft II beta (hurray for lifted NDA!) and the game is pretty fun, though the lack of any substantial AI is a little disappointing (the only option is "Very Easy," and I'm fairly certain that the Protoss AI at that level is actually non-functional) because I'm not much for competitive play. Some of the new units and structures are pretty awesome though - particularly Vikings and Warp Gates.

I hate Warp Gates. Hate them. But other than that, I agree with you. I'm not too good at the beta and I'd much rather play against some medium level AI than any random people online.

Kent
May 20, 2010, 12:35 PM
Well, the AI is set to Very Easy for the simple reason that Blizzard didn't want people simply killing computer opponents, they wanted players fighting players in order to test out the Ladder system and unit balance.

Can't reach unit balance fighting against computers.
I'm aware that you need to test everything in all sorts of situations to really get a handle of how things balance out - my point being that there are some of us who like StarCraft, but don't like competitive play.

I hate Warp Gates. Hate them. But other than that, I agree with you. I'm not too good at the beta and I'd much rather play against some medium level AI than any random people online.
What's wrong with Warp Gates?

joefro
May 20, 2010, 12:47 PM
I just hate it when someone warps into my base and surprises me. I'd rather have a more traditional invasion.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 20, 2010, 01:46 PM
lol, aggravation is so annoying (thats wut i call it) especially in warcraft 3 when somebody sends a blademaster into ur base and murders ur miners

oh, and 68 days left

Kent
May 20, 2010, 05:41 PM
I just hate it when someone warps into my base and surprises me. I'd rather have a more traditional invasion.
Well... I can't think of a single person who, on defense, would disagree with you.

But Warp Gates can't warp to a place without power, so that means that you've either got an enemy Pylon in your base, or you left an opening for someone to deploy a Phase Prism nearby.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 28, 2010, 11:17 AM
this hasnt been on in a while, woops

58 days left!