PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Tower Never Ends

Drk
May 20, 2010, 09:47 PM
Does anyone find the Eternal Tower to be fun? I played through it once and that was enough for me. The sheer length is a major turn-off.

It's not fun at all:( Boring as hell, very repetitive.

The_Pup
May 20, 2010, 10:38 PM
First time in ET (Hard) with a Ramarl was 5 hours straight. That was an elimination/extinction run (due to me not knowing you could skip rooms).

FOney (spellslinger) extermination run SH was about 8 hours straight (took a break to sleep). FOney (spellslinger) lazy (room skipping) run are about 3.5-5 hours. Doing a FOney (Magical Sign) run at the moment. 30 minutes to get to L30.

To make the experience more pleasant: Bring a shield with Bull Smash.

dtr246
May 20, 2010, 11:00 PM
In my experience with the tower I have one beaten it one time and that was on hard difficulty which took me almost 8 hours to finish (I'll point out I took a few breaks inbetween my run, which made it seem long) If I feel like doing the tower again I will probably need lots of time in my day to complete

when I try making a trip up the tower sometimes I lose my patience somewhere arround floor 40 lol.

Sleeper
May 21, 2010, 03:15 AM
The quest never ends. You get to floor one hundred and then BAM! Aids ninjas attack you. And kill you. Good luck everyone. Aids ninja, away!

chrisramar
May 21, 2010, 08:52 AM
ive done 5 full sh et runs , gona do a 6th this week end , takes me approx 8 hrs (with breaks) still want a radam soul!!!

darkante
May 21, 2010, 10:47 AM
I really donīt see how anyone can enjoy the tower.
Seem like it they just slapped it on without a care with almost no variation in background which make the whole ordeal boring and annoying.

They could just make each floor take a random room from one of those different areas in the game, that would spice things up.
Might not make sense in terms of environment, but rarely things do.

Chukie sue
May 21, 2010, 04:24 PM
I really donīt see how anyone can enjoy the tower.
Seem like it they just slapped it on without a care with almost no variation in background which make the whole ordeal boring and annoying.

They could just make each floor take a random room from one of those different areas in the game, that would spice things up.
Might not make sense in terms of environment, but rarely things do.

Agreed. The only time I enjoyed it was the very first time I played it, for about then first 60 floors. I didn't know if it even ended at first, nor how to see which floor I was on... It was kinda like a feeling of claustrophobia!

Seth Astra
May 21, 2010, 05:05 PM
The ET needs a continue function. Just make it every 10 floors or something. Rather than make players go through 101 floors of soemthing that gets old after under 5 floors, just let them do it in segments. It will make people hate it a lot less.

Broken_L_button
May 21, 2010, 05:24 PM
Well, ET isn't THAT bad. Sometimes, I'll admit it, I like the endurance challenge it brings. SOMETIMES. Yes, I'm weird. Sue me.

EDIT: And, besides...Unless it is proven that there is an advantage drop-wise to go past the 10th floor, once you clear all 3 towers once, destroying the 10 first floors every once in a while can be quite lucrative...

NeonaPulsar
May 21, 2010, 05:56 PM
The ET "NEEDS" a muliplayer option

Galax
May 21, 2010, 06:00 PM
The ET needs nothing, IT'S A GAME! Games aren't even neccesary to live.
Seeing as SEGA can't update this game;
And, even if they could, how long would it take? We all know SEGA's record.

Also, how do I Pro RAmar?

Seth Astra
May 21, 2010, 06:33 PM
The ET "NEEDS" a muliplayer option
Yeah, that wouldn't really work. Well it would work if a continue option was added, but with the current system, it would be hard to find people who wanted to spend that long with you. Plus this:

*You are running the SH ET on Wi-Fi. You just killed the Heaven's mother. You're rushing to the items when you get disconnected. You swear... A lot.*

Games aren't even neccesary to live.

Dude, whoever told you that is crazy.

Broken_L_button
May 21, 2010, 07:01 PM
Also, how do I Pro RAmar?

>.>
<.<
...I thought Raphael answered that one...lol, jk. I'd say grab a celeb lv.5 Zero rifle with flame hit/Thriller combo and go all power. Then again, I'd say that to be pro, you have no choice but to play a melee FOnewearl and have a broken L button...
lol, jk again ;D

P.S.: Even though it's late, good job on beating Bass Deluxe.

On topic:
ET on Wi-Fi or local multiplayer would be even worse; knowing SEGA, they would just port it as is (450+ rooms with enemies to beat, no "continue" option..Blah blah blah), making that more-than-occasional DC ruin the whole thing.

Parasite159
May 21, 2010, 07:31 PM
it would have been nice if they'd given some a little more special as a reward for completing the towers.
PS0ē S-rank weapons!

Galax
May 21, 2010, 07:35 PM
Yeah, that wouldn't really work. Well it would work if a continue option was added, but with the current system, it would be hard to find people who wanted to spend that long with you. Plus this:

*You are running the SH ET on Wi-Fi. You just killed the Heaven's mother. You're rushing to the items when you get disconnected. You swear... A lot.*

Dude, whoever told you that is crazy.

I figured that out for myself.
Nobody told me.

EDIT: And thanks BLB, it was a really hard fight, especially in ElecGuts <_<

Sleeper
May 24, 2010, 06:48 AM
What Et needs is Save points. REAL save points. and the ability to Play other levels while waiting to complete Et

LSukora
May 24, 2010, 12:14 PM
Yeah being able to save like every 10 floors and quit to do other things, still be able to continue from were you left of would be awesome, but its just SO stuiped and boring. Ive tried to make my self complete it over 15 times and ill get to 30 floor get really bored, quit and go play online.

NeonaPulsar
May 24, 2010, 05:37 PM
Well, if this helps, try to race a friend to get to the top of the ET first, it makes it some-what more fun, but not much...

GUARDIANDNL
May 24, 2010, 05:42 PM
for the Eternal Tower i just climb to floor 50, put sleep mode to rest the night and in the morning i complete the rest of the tower.

Macman
May 24, 2010, 07:51 PM
A 10-floor version for online would've been nice, just a romp to one of the mothers.

FOmarRashidi
May 24, 2010, 09:28 PM
A 10-floor version for online would've been nice, just a romp to one of the mothers.

Indeed. Also, I don't have to worry as much as falling to a force mother because...well..you know the deal with the npcs.

Seth Astra
May 24, 2010, 11:12 PM
For that 10 floor version, here could be the mother appearance chances:

30% Blade
30% Shot
30% Force
10% Heaven

Simple, and includes a rare chance for H mother.

NeonaPulsar
May 24, 2010, 11:16 PM
I can just bet this @ that you saw a H mother on the tenth floor, LOL

Broken_L_button
May 25, 2010, 10:50 AM
Actually...a Heaven's mom spawn in that 10 floor version would make players go ":(". Thing is, Heaven's mom is the WORST enemy to fight if you're looking for certain drops. Why? It drops too many things; it's drop chart has all the generic 7* and all the unique 7*, not to mention mats, common tool items and disks.

This wide array of available loot might seem appealing to the player at first, but one will quickly realize that it has too many possibilities to provide a solid chance at getting anything useful or attractive. Hence why, upon reaching the 101st floor and beating H. mom, the drops consist of a guaranteed rare armor and 3-4 7* weps amongst all the other crap it usually drops, to compensate for such a lousy drop chart.

NeonaPulsar
May 25, 2010, 12:57 PM
... but can you realy find her on the 10th floor, or is she only at the top?

Clavat99
May 25, 2010, 02:07 PM
I completed Eternal Tower Hard with my level 83 HUcast. Took me 6 hours total, and i aquired Stag Cutlery. I was so happy i finally made it!!!! Then with a big middle finger, heavens mother decides to drop nothing but crap. Klau Solas with lv.3 darK!? Yeah, my ainnsraffe gives me an extra 500 atp. i wish there was a little message bpard at the top of ET that connects you to wifi, and has a list of all the players who have completed ET. That would be so epic.

LSukora
May 25, 2010, 02:09 PM
That list wud be very long

Broken_L_button
May 25, 2010, 02:15 PM
That list wud be very long

And if there was an entry on the list everytime a character cleared the tower, you'd see:

1-Cass, HUnewearl
2-Cass, HUnewearl
3-Cass, HUnewearl
4-Cass, HUnewearl
5-Cass, HUnewearl
6-Cass, HUnewearl
16-Karina, RAcaseal
17-Karina, RAcaseal
21-ファル, FOnewearl
22-ファル, FOnewearl
26-*Some other person who's been doing this tower for a while*

Galax
May 25, 2010, 03:05 PM

That actually makes sense.
I mean cmon, as has been stated, what kind of team can really stand to go 4way up ET for all those hours? Sooner or later, someone has to go, then another, and before you know it, you're either:
A) Alone at the top.
B) Dead.
C) Bored.
D) Quitting it yourself.
Ofc, thats just what I think.
Even 20 floors would be good, but it's not like it'll ever happen...I wish o.o

Kirukia
May 25, 2010, 03:49 PM
For that 10 floor version, here could be the mother appearance chances:

30% Blade
30% Shot
30% Force
10% Heaven

Simple, and includes a rare chance for H mother.

Lol kind of like the ep4 boss in PSO?
You had a chance of encountering a rare version that commonly dropped dragon scale (a mag soul)

Broken_L_button
May 25, 2010, 04:51 PM
Lol kind of like the ep4 boss in PSO?
You had a chance of encountering a rare version that commonly dropped dragon scale (a mag soul)

Yup, good ol' Kondy. Those dragon scales were such great trade bait for excalibur-obssessed people.

On-topic: now that I've gotten used to micro-running SH ET, I can't find the will to get my FOmarl to the end of H ET...I'm still at the 55th floor :/

Kirukia
May 25, 2010, 05:51 PM
Yup, good ol' Kondy. Those dragon scales were such great trade bait for excalibur-obssessed people.

On-topic: now that I've gotten used to micro-running SH ET, I can't find the will to get my FOmarl to the end of H ET...I'm still at the 55th floor :/

I know how else do you think I afforded my Heavenly/Arms and Demonic Fork? ^^
But I think it's a fun idea anyway. ET is so dull and boring it would be fun in multiplayer. It would be kind of like east/west tower but with less death hopefully .___.

East/West Tower.... FUUUUUUUUU
Good items but dayuuum.

Sleeper
May 26, 2010, 03:29 AM
It is quite a good coping mechanism when on a long plane ride or falling to your death when AIDs ninjas throw you off a cliff.

Clavat99
May 26, 2010, 11:50 PM
or falling to your death when AIDs ninjas throw you off a cliff. okay, WTF!?!?

FOkyasuta
May 26, 2010, 11:56 PM
101 Floors Of Hell Got 2 100 But Then Out Of The Blue My Game Froze On Me! Its Self Exclamatory After That...

Clavat99
May 26, 2010, 11:58 PM
lol wow... how long did the temporary insanity last?

JazzJaeger
Jun 27, 2010, 09:00 PM
you know what annoys me? not getting a item even though its crap in stats, ALL I WANT IS A AXEON, I DONT CARE IF ITS BAD I STILL WANT ONE! I'm almost done with my first run and I'm on floor 92, still have not found ONE Axeon.

If you must know why I want one its this, I'm a style of substance kind of player.

is that a dumb way to play? yes it might, but come on, most of these weapons look like nerf made them, and it does help to add a watering can? or a umbrella that shoots kunai? to me no, its not needed, Axeon LOOKS like a gun blade acts like a gun Blade, and thus is the definition of a basic gun Blade. (At least to me)

Yes I would love a Lord or Emperor Axeon, and even if someone offered to trade it with me, I never would have anything worth the same for a good trade, so im going to get Axeon, Grind the crap out it, boost its element to the max, and be happy with what I got