PDA

View Full Version : GC Can the Wii go online for PSO ep1&2?

Pioneer1111
May 24, 2010, 05:28 PM
I am about to get a Wii, and i was wondering... Is the Wii compatible with PSO's online capabilities? I have a few friends who i dont see very often, and we were hoping to get online every so often. Neither has a Gamecube.

Any information will be very helpful!

P.s. If the Wii doesn't support Online, is PSO ep1&2 + compatible with regular?

amtalx
May 24, 2010, 06:10 PM
I'm fairly certain the Wii does NOT support online capabilities for GC games.

Pioneer1111
May 24, 2010, 06:24 PM
Really? That sucks...
Thank you anyway

Ce'Nedra
May 25, 2010, 01:34 PM
Yeah Wii doesn't has a slot for BBA or normal Modem to be placed it. You can really only play it offline on the Wii. I must say playing a game like Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles or Zelda: Four Swords Adventure will not work as well cause of my expierence it doesn't accept GBA's either.

Pioneer1111
May 25, 2010, 01:54 PM
dang... one more question - is it possible to play PSO+ for GC with characters from the earlier version? I have Ep 1&2, but Im debating whether or not to get +

Ce'Nedra
May 26, 2010, 01:37 PM
That should be no problem at all, your characters are saved to your Memory Card not to your PSO Disk. I knew people using the PAL and JP version with the same characters. So i doubt it will be any diffrent for PSO and PSO+

Pioneer1111
May 26, 2010, 01:56 PM
That should be no problem at all, your characters are saved to your Memory Card not to your PSO Disk. I knew people using the PAL and JP version with the same characters. So i doubt it will be any diffrent for PSO and PSO+

Thanks. I was confused since my friend heard a rumor that it was only possible in the Japanese version.

Thank you for your help everyone!

mvffin
May 26, 2010, 04:39 PM
I must say playing a game like Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles or Zelda: Four Swords Adventure will not work as well cause of my expierence it doesn't accept GBA's either.

I've played both of these multiplayer on my Wii. They work as intended.

Ce'Nedra
May 27, 2010, 01:04 AM

Odd. When i tried it didn't seem to accept my GBA's. Tried serval times. Maybe it's diffrent for US and PAL systems/games?

amtalx
May 27, 2010, 09:12 AM

PSO: Split screen will work. Online multiplayer will not.

Ce'Nedra
May 27, 2010, 12:22 PM
PSO: Split screen will work. Online multiplayer will not.

He ment Zelda: Four Swords Adventure and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles with that quote, and not PSO.

amtalx
May 27, 2010, 12:43 PM
herp derp

Pioneer1111
May 30, 2010, 09:46 PM
One final question, Does Plus have Gallon's shop offline? or is it online only?

Ce'Nedra
May 31, 2010, 01:00 AM
Quoted from PSOW

The currently online only quests such as Seat of the Heart, East Tower and West Tower and will therefore be available for offline play.

Doesn't list Gallons but it says "such as" so might be possible

DuRaL
May 31, 2010, 07:14 AM
as far as i remember PSO Plus' additional content contains only East Tower, West Tower, Seat of the Heart, Central Dome Fire Swirl and Episode 2 Callenge for offline multiplayer

it doesn't include missions like Gallon's Shop or Blue Star Memories, even though they might be thinkable as Offline missions

EDIT: unless you have some friends who're keen on doing ep2 challenge mode with you, i'd suggest spending the money you want to buy PSO Plus with on a Gamecube+Keyboard+BBA instead. it's probably even cheaper than PSO Plus and you can download all additional content except Ep2 Challenge if you play online ;)
Also, online is A LOT more fun, believe me ^^

Pioneer1111
May 31, 2010, 09:42 AM
good point
i think i might do just that
too bad online doesnt have split screen...

thnaks again
thats all i was wondering

Ce'Nedra
May 31, 2010, 12:45 PM
Get your friends a modem/bba as well and let them join. You don't need a BBA but its recommended cause it's much faster then a normal modem.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 1, 2010, 06:11 PM
dang... one more question - is it possible to play PSO+ for GC with characters from the earlier version? I have Ep 1&2, but Im debating whether or not to get +

Your characters can go back and forth between PSO and PSO+, with no issues. The transition either way is seamless (I'm assuming that there are no changes to the save file format), as Sonic Team wanted people to take their memory cards to their friends' homes. Creating incompatibilities between these files would have prevented that.