PDA

View Full Version : Game New Sonic Game Announced

Mysterious-G
May 26, 2010, 12:11 PM
And along with the news comes the first teaser for 'Sonic Colours' (or 'Sonic Colors' whatever).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFcW6ZeRyFo

We’re excited to announce a brand-new game for Sonic the Hedgehog! Sonic Colors is a high speed action-adventure in which Sonic races through theme park-inspired worlds to rescue a colorful alien race from the clutches of Dr. Eggman. An extraordinary amusement park has been seen orbiting around the home planet of Sonic the Hedgehog, and rumors are spreading that an alien race of Wisps, who have a unique colorful energy, are being held captive there by the evil Dr. Eggman. Soon after arriving at the amusement park, Sonic discovers he is able to use these mysterious alien forces to help the Wisps escape!

Sonic Colors will be available on the Wii and the Nintendo DS around holiday 2010. Sonic Colors for the Wii seamlessly combines both 3D and classic 2D game play perspectives, while the Nintendo DS version takes full advantage of the console’s dual screen.

Sonic Colors sees Sonic accelerating to adrenaline-pumping super speeds and blasting through obstacles in ways never before seen in a Sonic game. The alien Wisps featured in the game each have a unique “Color Power” that, once freed, Sonic is able to absorb while speeding through the various theme park inspired planets. The Wisp energy enables Sonic to create new paths through the stages by drilling through the ground (Yellow Drill) for example, or speeding through the stage as a laser (Cyan Laser). Stringing the Wisp power-ups together creates a combo that increases Sonic’s boost gauge even more quickly. Exclusive Wisp power-ups will be available for both Wii and the Nintendo DS versions, ensuring a unique and super speedy gameplay experience for Sonic fans everywhere.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4069/4640254774_3a97c02e79.jpg

Well, uh, Sonic Cycle graphics in multiple colors now? Yeah, I know.

amtalx
May 26, 2010, 12:30 PM
They spelled colors wrong. :wacko:

Also, no thanks.

Outrider
May 26, 2010, 01:22 PM
How did the name "Sonic Colors" get approved? Sounds more like a placeholder on the design document that somebody forgot to change.

joefro
May 26, 2010, 01:43 PM
Ewe. Just no, Sega. Stick with Sonic 4.

Niered
May 26, 2010, 02:55 PM
Would someone just please put the poor rodent out of his misery? Steve Urkel took 20 years off his life alone.

Monochrome
May 26, 2010, 03:16 PM
They call me Sonic
cuz I am faster than sound I keep on jumping around
Blue Hedgehog Sonic
with incredible speed I'm moving my feet

Retehi
May 26, 2010, 03:42 PM
Because we need more Sonic games.

Boxblaster
May 26, 2010, 06:02 PM
I'm hoping it'll have a new A-Life system like what was seen in the Sonic Adventure titles. These little....critters...look like it'd be fun for that purpose alone. I mean, I played in the Chao Gardens for far longer than the actual games

Seth Astra
May 26, 2010, 06:14 PM
This game looks interesting, however, I can see a few problems.

1. What idiot thought up that title? They're either stupid or 3 years old.

2. Those wisps look... Like they were thought up by an idiot or a 3 year old.

3. Amusement park themed areas? I'm guessing idiot or 3 year old.

There are some design mistakes there. Another alternative is that they may be trying to appeal to a much younger audience. Not the kind of audience that can handle how intense sonic games tend to get (namely unleashed's day stages, and hopefully the gamplay's similar to that). What happened to SA2? Great-looking cities, lush jungles, decent writing (at least, compared to... every other sonic game), and Shadow.

@Boxblaser: Agreed. That added some replay value to SA games. Especially SA2.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 26, 2010, 06:36 PM
i agree with the chao thing, those guys were what gave the sonic adventure games (especially sa2/b) a lot of there goodness

Nitro Vordex
May 26, 2010, 06:53 PM
You people place too much weight on the Chao system. It wasn't THAT great. >_>

This game looks lame. If this is on anything besides the Wii, it'll probably be a disappointment. Also, there's probably 7 colors, 7 aliens, and then what do they do? Super Alien? Sonic turns into an alien? What the hell?

Focus on getting ONE game done right first, Sega/ST. Seriously.

Niered
May 26, 2010, 07:13 PM
Chao's were awesome, though they needed to be expanded upon for them to truly be worthwhile (not some passive-play race/karate.) I would be interested in a new Chao system in a sonic game.

But then again, that would require me to put enough faith in a sonic game to actually purchase it...which hasn't happened since my gross dissapointment in Sonic Heroes.

NoiseHERO
May 26, 2010, 07:15 PM
Anyone notice they look like coralians from eureka seven?

NeonaPulsar
May 26, 2010, 10:19 PM
I've always liked a good sonic game... but.... well, I'll see how it plays out then

Niered
May 26, 2010, 10:30 PM
I've always liked a good sonic game...

So the last time you liked a sonic game was...Sonic Adventure 2?

Outrider
May 26, 2010, 10:31 PM

That's being generous.

Seth Astra
May 26, 2010, 10:58 PM
Well, Unleashed got the day stages right. The problem was they made up about, what, 30 mins. of gameplay, for every 2 hours night? Good gameplay, execution couldn't have been worse. SA2B remains my favorite. Even the lower points (shooting and hunting stages) were better, and more well balanced with Sonic/Shadow than the night stages in unleashed. Also, unleashed's story tried to combine seriousness and humor (which can work, but they screwed it up), and self-destructed in the process.

The Last Baron
May 27, 2010, 12:33 AM
As long as it's not another Shadow the Hedgehog.... God I feel dirty typing that

Niered
May 27, 2010, 11:26 AM
As long as it's not another Shadow the Hedgehog.... God I feel dirty typing that

Go watch Gametrailers.com's review of that game. If you didn't believe in companies paying for review scores before, you will after seeing that.

Akaimizu
May 27, 2010, 11:53 AM
I actually liked both types of stages for Sonic Unleashed. I think SEGA is trying very hard to make Sonic not a 1 trick pony. Apparently, Mario fans are a lot more lenient on what they want in their Mario game. Even in Galaxy, there were stages in which they played like anything but a mario game, and people still enjoyed them.

The werehog stages were kind of a combination of other platforming ideas (decently executed, IMO) that were atypical of the fast rollercoaster Sonic levels. Sure, some of it was combo-related combat routines, which weren't bad. I think they did a good job of scoring to get the player to learn the combo mechanics and learn how to make best of it. But other times, it allowed for some of the more methodical platforming and puzzle sections of the game. All without trying to change the genre it belong to. It never becomes a shooter, or just some fighter. (Like Shadow the Hedgehog. Something that looked bad enough on paper. They would've been better making that idea a side-game, where you can play as the various characters thrown into a shooter like Canon Spike, even though it would make less sense than the cast of Capcom characters already known for projectile use)

I'd have to say, Unleashed was probably Sonic Team's best effort in breaking up Sonic gameplay so it won't have the moniker of being entirely repetitive. Something people are a lot less happy with, nowadays.

So I believe one of Sonic's biggest issues is that they might have needed to make some of these changes, earlier. Mario gets cut a lot of slack, for diverging on his game ideas, while Sonic seems to always get asked to do the same exact stuff he did in Sonic 1 through Sonic and Knuckles. While it was true, quite a few of Sonic's attempts at the diverging ideas were missteps. That is, executed in a fashion that just wasn't polished enough, or missed its potential. Unleashed seemed like the game where the effort done for the diverging gameplay was quite solid. If you were to throw away the expectations of Sonic always running high speed, through the whole game, and just looked at it as a platformer, they held up quite well.

So while I love the classic Sonic gameplay, I also have the fear that too much of what the fans want would also kill the series. One trick ponies don't survive for too long unless something really inventive happens to bring them back. Yeah. Pacman had the Championship Edition to breathe new life, is it possible to Championship Edition Sonic to appease both worlds?

Sayara
May 27, 2010, 01:06 PM
the reason for that probably SOnic was JUST USED in that motif for his old age saga (Sans like what, 2 games? Spinball and Drift?) Mario even at his early development was everywhere; jumping on barrels, killing crabs, being the ref to games, playing sport games and so forth. People grew to expect Nintendo to use and abuse their mascot for anything.

Sonic did not really get that same feel, down here.

Outrider
May 27, 2010, 04:00 PM
Also, the ratio of platforming stages versus non-platforming stages in Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy is nowhere near 50%, like it was in Unleashed.

Seth Astra
May 27, 2010, 06:30 PM
I didn't mind the night stages too much. However, since the main stages have about a 1:4 ratio of day to night stages, and the night stages don't have much replay value, the day stages get old quick. Also, I hated the scenery in almost every level in unleashed.

Outrider
May 27, 2010, 07:28 PM
I didn't mind the night stages too much. However, since the main stages have about a 1:4 ratio of day to night stages, and the night stages don't have much replay value, the day stages get old quick. Also, I hated the scenery in almost every level in unleashed.

I actually read that the Wii version had more night stages than the Xbox 360/PS3 versions.

I guess they were really proud of their waggle combat?

Kent
May 27, 2010, 08:10 PM
I thought Sonic Unleashed was a really good game, in its own right.

A lot of people give it flak because of the Werehog thing (which, yes, it's pretty silly of an idea), despite that the actual gameplay of it wasn't actually bad at all - it just wasn't Sonic gameplay. The day stages were really fun, and more like what 3D Sonic gameplay should be like.

BahnKnakyu
May 27, 2010, 11:13 PM

He said GOOD Sonic games.

AlexCraig
May 27, 2010, 11:16 PM
I've not bought any of the new Sonic games (save for Heroes, and that was only for my sister who is a Sonic fan), but I have never hand any real gripe with Sonic.

Xefi
May 27, 2010, 11:47 PM
i haven't played a single Sonic game ever since Sonic the Hedgehog 2 from Sega Genesis!

Akaimizu
May 28, 2010, 08:42 AM
Well, actually, I would say that Unleashed didn't have %50 non-platforming stages either. Most of the Werehog stages had platforming in them. Not the high speed kind, but platforming. It just had a mix of puzzle+battle in them, as well.

amtalx
May 28, 2010, 09:05 AM
i haven't played a single Sonic game ever since Sonic the Hedgehog 2 from Sega Genesis!

You may be the smartest person on this forum.

Akaimizu
May 28, 2010, 09:48 AM
In some ways, fortunate, perhaps. Though I didn't really see anything inheritly wrong with Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles. Being away from Sonic since 2, would probably make *some* of the 3D attempts a bit more impressive since there were a good amount of *good* things added to Sonic for which the 3D ones actually used.

On the other hand, there were certain experiences that I wouldn't miss in the world. Tell me that the Robotnik Airship level, in Sonic Adventure, didn't kick butt. Or certain more memorable boss battles in Sonic Adventure 2, coupled with the epic aspect of its ending. Though I was less impressed by the buggy and slowdown-ridden Gamecube ports. Fortunately, I never went and bought them. But I got to play them to realize that they were still learning that system.

Sonic Heroes is a game which I had a few mixed feelings about. It was SEGA's first true Gamecube release for which they finally learned the hardware. So it ran its best on that hardware. The Xbox port faired a bit lesser, though to be fair, if played on the 360, the slowdown issues disappear. The PS2 version was a mess. But for the time, you wanted to play it on the GC. To a degree, it was a nice idea to make the entire game like the *Sonic* levels from the previous 3D incursions. Though the idea of being able to get the best routes and chains, through the game, based on formations was a bit polarizing. I recall two main parts in there, that were buggy in terms of making thing unnecessarily tough to properly make it through that section. That is, in terms of camera+collision. I, more or less, enjoyed it. However, the game is a permanent keeper in my library because it was the very last time my favorite Sonic-related Voice actor (Deem Bristow) voiced Dr. Robotnik. I don't think anybody could top Bristow, in the role, so there's a certain era of games I can play with which I hear Robotnik and it brings a smile to my face.

Sonic 3D 360/PS3 was the first true Sonic game I skipped, in a long while. Still never played it outside of the demo. The demo made me play a wait-and-see game with that release, and the overall disappointment people had with the full, kind of kept me away. A real oddity since I normally never skip on Sonic and simply try to give my own opinion of the game after playing it.

To me, the 2 worst Sonic-related things I got were:

1. Sonic Shuffle (load times sucked the fun out of it, and the mini-games weren't good enough to bother with the loading. Robotnik (Bristow's voice) seemed to be the best part of it, and we're not talking about the gameplay). I would say Shuffle was obviously rushed out the door when it really had plenty of time to develop into something decent.

2. Sonic Riders. (I know there might be some who liked it, but I really never got the mechanics of it. It kind of looked cool from the promos but in practice, it seemed like pulling off whatever you needed to do to actually do the races was an exercise in fustration. It was the main thing that made me skip Sonic Riders 2, even when I heard a few good words about it.)

Mysterious-G
May 28, 2010, 10:23 AM
Making fun of Sonic Shuffle I see?
The snake jumping alone made this game awesome.

Akaimizu
May 28, 2010, 10:32 AM
Not sure I would do the whole board game, wait for the load times, and everything, to get to said mini-game. I do remember the snake jumping. I might be a little hard on the minigames the way I described it, but it was something that felt like it shouldn't take that long to get to them.

Now, case in point, the Japanese release of Neogeo Battle Colleseum was another one. The game itself. Awesome. I mean, one of Playmore/SNK's best fighters to come out of nowhere. Good fight system, nifty characters, etc. However, that game proved that if you wait too long between matches, it's tough to keep playing. Particularly for a genre that is rather keen on going quickly from fight to fight. It was more-or-less fixed, in the US release.

Mysterious-G
May 28, 2010, 11:09 AM
You had the option to just select and play any minigame of the game. I admit the loading time was a bother if you wanted to play short games even then, but for a fair share of minigames it actually was a pretty neat feature.

Niered
May 28, 2010, 11:18 AM
Making fun of Sonic Shuffle I see?
The snake jumping alone made this game awesome.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

There were some truly impossible mini-games in that thing. The one where you had to tap A to keep the gator's mouth open? THAT ONE. I lost that mini game so many times, I finally just decided to use the autofire. AND I STILL LOST. WITH AUTOFIRE. A BUTTON MEANT SOLELY TO TO DESTROY BUTTON TAPPING.

Fuck you Sonic Shuffle, fuck you.

Mysterious-G
May 28, 2010, 11:21 AM
Or the rainbow jumping. That was probably the best out of them. :wacko:
Really, that one was awesome. I wanna play it again. :disapprove:

Outrider
May 28, 2010, 12:06 PM
Well, actually, I would say that Unleashed didn't have %50 non-platforming stages either. Most of the Werehog stages had platforming in them. Not the high speed kind, but platforming. It just had a mix of puzzle+battle in them, as well.

Okay, that's not what I meant. I should've clarified:

Mario Galaxy's "traditional Mario levels" far outweighed the "non-traditional Mario levels", whereas Sonic Unleashed had a more even split between "traditional Sonic levels" and "non-traditional Sonic levels" (though as I mentioned, apparently it was weighted even more towards "non-traditional" for the Wii release.)

My point was that one of the reasons some people are more accepting of these moments of "non-traditional" gameplay in Mario Galaxy is because they were a much smaller chunk of the game.

Ken_Silver
Jun 3, 2010, 04:34 PM
Come on people. Yeah, Sonic has had it tough lately and I do dread some of the issues that Sonic Colors might bring. But the Sonic Series has had a great line up of games even after the Genesis era...

On the GBA and DS platforms! Sonic Advance 1, 2 and 3 were all good. Sonic Battle got mixed reviews (and I loved that game) Sonic Chronicles also got mixed reviews (with the majority of the reviews on the positive side) and both Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush adventure were good games too.

The Sonic fanbase is part of the problem. While some Sonic games tend to suck (Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hegehog 2006, Half of Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Riders 2 [the first one was awesome, despite some AI issues]) Sonic fans seem to ignore the good games and other rabid fans tend to nitpick at the issues that will never be solved. (The consolidation of Dr. Robotnik's English name and Japanese name to Dr. Eggman, aka. Dr. Ivo Robotnik; Sonic having green eyes; Sonic's new run animation; etc)

Even Sonic 4 has a tall order to fill because some nostalgic fans haven't been able to accept some form of advancement in the series. The only way I think that some fans will be happy is if Sega takes the Capcom Mega Man series route and starts to make Sonic games in the exact way they were made before, like how Mega Man 9 and 10 are made.

I dunno if I want to go that retro.

Weeaboolits
Jun 3, 2010, 05:46 PM
You may be the smartest person on this forum.I can't say I approve of skipping Sonic CD, Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 3.

Also I'm operating under the assumption that this one will be just as shitty as any other one they've made since they stopped making their own consoles.

Tetsaru
Jun 3, 2010, 10:16 PM
Sonic CD, Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic 3 locked on, and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle are my favorite Sonic games to date. They all had lots of replay value by providing GOOD innovation - I mean how many of you actually tried raising your own Chao to get ALL the emblems on SA2? Or spent days using only trial-and-error methods to not only BEAT the bonus stages to get all 14 emeralds in S&K+3, but also FIND enough of the hidden giant rings to get you there in the first place, all without the use of guides?? Or tried going back into the past on EACH level in Sonic CD to destroy Dr. Robotnik's machines to ensure a good future??? It's stuff like that that kept Sonic games fun and engaging; nowadays, they just throw in random BS storyline elements and mechanics that distract too much from what Sonic was all about: running fast, going through levels using whatever paths you could find, getting all the Chaos Emeralds, and kicking Robotnik's ass.

Hell, I'll even go so far as to say that Knuckles' Chaotix was a good game too. Imo, the only reasons why it wasn't a successful game was that 1 - the Sega 32X didn't do well, and 2 - Sega hasn't added it onto any of their 50 gajillion Sonic collection games tmk, which is a real shame. But it allowed you play as several different characters, which each played similarly but had different abilities, AND have a second player co-op with you if you wanted to, while still maintaining most of the basics of the other 2D Sonic games. And Metal Sonic was the final boss! (although a pretty easy/luck-based one: )

[spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp6-Bv3d_EQ&NR=1
[/spoiler-box]

I haven't seen him play a major role in any Sonic game since this game or Sonic CD; the only other time I've seen him was as a selection for SA2's 2 player races... maybe he was in another 3D game or two, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sord
Jun 4, 2010, 01:18 AM
maybe he was in another 3D game or two, correct me if I'm wrong.

the (real) final boss of Heros, Though he does turn into a bunch of stupid shit.

Tetsaru
Jun 4, 2010, 02:59 AM
the (real) final boss of Heros, Though he does turn into a bunch of stupid shit.

*watches on Youtube* ......wow. That was painful. :disapprove:

But yeah, after renting Shadow the Hedgehog and downloading the Sonic Unleashed demo, I pretty much stopped playing new 3D Sonic games...

Sord
Jun 4, 2010, 08:32 PM
I quit playing sonic games at Hero's for... yeah, it's pretty obvious why, there's no need to explain it. Personally, I was a big fan of Sonic CD, played that one the most as a kid (followed by 2, didn't play 1 or 3 that much beyond initial play throughs.)

Ezodagrom
Jun 4, 2010, 09:56 PM
Well, here's an interview with Takashi Iizuka about Sonic Colors:

When you say “Sonic,” the first image that pops into people’s heads is that of Sonic running. And until now, we haven’t really been able to successfully implement any moves besides running. We wanted to explore ways of adding new moves and new styles of play without sacrificing the traditional Sonic running action, and that led to the creation of the transformation power-up system.
[....]
In all of our past Sonic games, we tried to experiment with introducing new styles of gameplay that didn’t involve running, but I think that those elements were so different that they ended up clashing with the traditional Sonic gameplay instead of complementing it. When it came time to work out the power-ups in Sonic Colors, I feel we really succeeded in embracing our core concept of “100% pure Sonic style high speed action,” and coming up with new moves that gelled well with Sonic’s core gameplay.
[....]
That’s why this year’s Sonic games [....] have been developed with a central focus on reestablishing the traditional Sonic gameplay experience. Sonic Colors introduces a style of power-up driven action that is entirely new to the series, but I think it still maintains the sense of speed and satisfying pacing that are the hallmarks of the series.
http://www.tssznews.com/2010/06/03/nintendo-powers-sonic-colors-interview-with-takashi-iizuka/

And some scans from Nintendo Power, with a few in-game screenshots:
http://www.tssznews.com/2010/06/03/clean-np-sonic-colors-scans-tell-all/
[spoiler-box]http://www.tssznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/NP2561.jpg[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]http://www.tssznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/NP2562.jpg[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]
http://www.tssznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/NP2564.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
I think that so far it sounds promising.

KodiaX987
Jun 4, 2010, 11:17 PM
>implying there's anything to implement besides Sonic running.

Ezodagrom
Jun 16, 2010, 10:26 AM
So far Sonic Colors is looking like it can actually be a good Sonic game. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT9H0QnX6A0

http://screwattack.com/videos/Hands-On-Sonic-Colors-Wii-1

Niered
Jun 16, 2010, 10:39 AM
>implying there's anything to implement besides Sonic running.

Greentexting attempt outside of /v/? Please have some mercy, that place is awful.

Tetsaru
Jun 16, 2010, 03:12 PM
So far Sonic Colors is looking like it can actually be a good Sonic game. :3
YouTube- Sonic Colors Video E3 2010 Tropical Resort Gameplay (Cam) HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT9H0QnX6A0)

http://screwattack.com/videos/Hands-On-Sonic-Colors-Wii-1

Well slap me silly, that actually looks kinda cool...

...as long as they don't add in any random BS that wasn't in those videos. We've been through that WAAAAY too many times before...

*expects newer videos to have annoying side characters, plot that doesn't make sense, a horrible final boss, and/or Sonic wielding/turning into something that makes him look NOT like Sonic*

Outrider
Jun 16, 2010, 03:29 PM
I'm pretty sure Sonic turning into a drill and shooting into the ground counts as turning into something that makes him look not like Sonic.

Good Sonic games are all about flow.

These power-ups seem to break up the flow by causing the player to stop and activate the power. That's not good.

Also, I'm not sure who thought the whole "make Sonic duck under an obstacle or stop moving entirely" would be a good thing. Make him take damage or go down an alternate path instead, but you never want to just have him outright stop for something like that. That drove me nuts whenever I played Sonic Unleashed (okay, I actually just played the demo).

Tetsaru
Jun 16, 2010, 04:26 PM
I'm pretty sure Sonic turning into a drill and shooting into the ground counts as turning into something that makes him look not like Sonic.

*remembers all those times in Sonic 3 & Knuckles where you had to spin-dash to break through walls and often found bonus stages or power-ups hidden inside walls...* =/

Hell, even in the original Sonic, in Green Hill Zone, before Sonic even HAD the spin-dash, I remember there were walls you could break down just by running and tapping down to roll... and that doesn't seem like the same drilling mechanic to you?

And besides, in the old Sonic games, most of the hidden areas were off the main path, so you could still speed through the level and ignore them if you wanted to. Given the state of "hold right/forward to win" in a lot of the newer Sonic games, I'm willing to bet you could more or less do the same thing in Sonic Colors. They wouldn't really be "secret" or "hidden" areas otherwise, right?

I don't know where you're getting this "Sonic games are all about flow" crap from... Trust me, I've played the crap out of Sonic 1-3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic CD, AND Knuckles Chaotix back before I had Internet access or guides to go by, and I can say without a doubt in my mind that in ALL of those games there were instances where you had to stop and get through some platforming elements instead of running all the time. If a Sonic level consists of nothing but running all the time (unless it's like a chase scene or something similar), then that level has been poorly designed and doesn't truly engage the person playing it. It's comparable to a game that has too many long cut scenes, imo - all you're really doing is sitting and watching without anything else going on.

The whole "move out of the way or get hit/stop moving" thing is more or less a QTE-based thing imo, so whatever your view is on that, I guess go with it. Having played God of War 1-3, QTE's were the bread and butter of defeating most enemies/bosses in that series, so they don't really bother me. Now, if they threw WAGGLE control QTE's in there, then yeah, I'd be pissed, simply because they tend to be unresponsive and are often open to interpretation by the gamer on how exactly to perform them, which doesn't always translate to game well as a "yes, you succeeded" or a "no, you failed."

What bothers me most so far about Sonic Colors is that waggle-control drifting mechanic mentioned in the Screwattack video Ezodagrom posted... that just seems totally unnecessary to me - another example of how devs think they have to slap motion controls on every aspect of a game to provide "a new experience," where the only experience I'm getting is frustrating and unresponsive controls that make me want to "waggle" my Wii Remote out the fucking window. Also, if they pull shit like in the Sonic Unleashed demo where you're literally going so fast and the screen is so blurred out that you can't see where you're going, and end up falling off a cliff or something that you can't see at all, I will RAGE, but those videos didn't seem to have anything of the sort, so that's a good sign.

Outrider
Jun 16, 2010, 04:50 PM
*remembers all those times in Sonic 3 & Knuckles where you had to spin-dash to break through walls and often found bonus stages or power-ups hidden inside walls...* =/

Yeah, you might want to watch that trailer again if you think this is comparable to the spin dash.

Tetsaru
Jun 16, 2010, 05:45 PM
Yeah, you might want to watch that trailer again if you think this is comparable to the spin dash.

I did. He turned into a glowing orange ball (instead of blue - heaven forbid he look like Tails' rolling sprite now) with a particle effect behind him. That doesn't really look like "he turned into a drill" to me. The only differences were that 1 - it was a single-use power-up that you had to find, 2 - you could guide him around, instead of simply traveling along the ground like in the old games, and 3 - it looks like you can only use it in the 2D areas where there are places to dig around in. To me, that makes sense - if you could break through those areas and explore them any time you want, it'd kinda ruin the surprise of the hidden areas and the skill needed to reach them easily. This in turn provides replayability to the game, so you can go back and attempt to explore areas you missed previously. Also, you still have that boost meter thing to grant you extra speed if you needed it (again, having to work for it a bit though).

And in all the other Sonic games I've played, I'm damn sure you had to stop completely to perform a spin dash. It may not look the same cosmetically, but it provides the same function of being able to break through areas at high speed to find stuff. I think it's VERY comparable to the spin dash. =/

Outrider
Jun 16, 2010, 05:57 PM
Okay, let me break it down:

The purpose of the spin dash is to return Sonic to full speed after a stop. Anything you can do with a spin dash can be done by Sonic moving at full speed. The move exists to remedy the problem of breaking the flow of the gameplay by reducing the amount of time between stationary Sonic and full-speed Sonic. Additionally, Sonic can do this at any point in time, meaning you should never have to worry about returning to the desired gameplay.

The purpose of the drill is to provide an alternate path for Sonic to move through. These paths can only be accessed through the use of this item. Instead of trying to fix the issue of getting players back into the thick of it, this item apparently requires you to stop Sonic entirely. Generally, the secret to good Sonic gameplay is the flow of the gameplay. It can slow down and it can speed up, but stopping it to shift gears usually doesn't work out.

Now, I'm not saying these power-ups will necessarily be bad for the game, but there's a significant difference between them and moves like the spin dash. One is an additional wrinkle to the design, while the other is a solution to a problem inherent to the design.

Tetsaru
Jun 16, 2010, 06:19 PM
Fair enough. Of course, I didn't see an actual spin dash in either of those videos, so there very well may be one along with the drill and boost, who knows. I kinda doubt it, though. :confused:

Right now, I just hope that all the levels are as fun as the ones in those videos look, and they don't taint the game with something unnecessary or stupid again. Same for Sonic 4 - I'd kinda like to play some GOOD console Sonic games again... >_<

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 16, 2010, 06:31 PM
DS one reading before E3 going to have power ups not even in the console one.

Then of course in regular ol 2D with those Sonic Battle and PSP version(s?) so on, could be better suited that way without overcomplicating things and figuring out power ups in a 2D environment should go smoothly just on principle.

Made by DIMPS too I think?

Where's the video and news of that one, Sega Sonic Team Underground superstar Fansite people all going to the mainstream one and not the underground one, that's potentially the star anyway?!

pikachief
Jun 16, 2010, 06:47 PM

Good Sonic games are all about flow.

These power-ups seem to break up the flow by causing the player to stop and activate the power. That's not good.

Also, I'm not sure who thought the whole "make Sonic duck under an obstacle or stop moving entirely" would be a good thing. Make him take damage or go down an alternate path instead, but you never want to just have him outright stop for something like that. That drove me nuts whenever I played Sonic Unleashed (okay, I actually just played the demo).

In that video the power-ups and sliding underthings looked like it took about 1 second to execute :P

I read an interview with them saying that they want to do something different with sonic(which is y they add stuff like werehog) but they dont want to disrupt the flow of the game. So they're going with colors, which are power ups you can use that dont disrupt the flow of the game. And yes I see that they do stop sonic to do these things but only for a second.

Outrider
Jun 17, 2010, 01:26 AM
In that video the power-ups and sliding underthings looked like it took about 1 second to execute :P

I read an interview with them saying that they want to do something different with sonic(which is y they add stuff like werehog) but they dont want to disrupt the flow of the game. So they're going with colors, which are power ups you can use that dont disrupt the flow of the game. And yes I see that they do stop sonic to do these things but only for a second.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but the problem with the sliding thing is that if you miss it (which happens in the first video shown), you come to a complete stop. It's not due to enemy damage or anything like that. The developers are giving the player a dedicated obstacle that has the sole purpose of making the game less fun without any tangible effect on the rest of the level. It doesn't take away rings, it doesn't kill the player, and unless you're playing in a timed level of some sort, it doesn't interfere with them finishing the level. And it's pretty much the only reason Sonic has a duck function. What's the point? It's an arbitrary addition to the level design that exists solely to provide an annoyance to the player. Like I said - if it was up to me, the worst thing that would happen if the player missed a slide is that they would be put onto another path in the level.

And as for activating the power-ups, they're still asking you to bring the flow of the gameplay to a complete stop. Maybe it's just for a second and maybe it's not that disruptive, but this is Sonic and we all know that the second-to-second gameplay if important. It might work, but just from the implied design that I've seen in these videos, I think we're getting a little too excited for some silly gimmicks that might not have the right cost/benefit ration as far as the fun factor is concerned. (I can't imagine them being worse than something like the Werehog, but still - potentially detrimental.)

I'm not really saying anything new here - but I'm trying to clarify my earlier comments so that we can move on from there.

Ezodagrom
Aug 6, 2010, 10:22 PM
New trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5myak7EvRU

And some pictures, showing a new stage and the rocket wisp:
[spoiler-box]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_nc9hBiFN03Q/TFXq8PpOD5I/AAAAAAAAEZA/kbYEfwGbbcY/s800/wii_pla_act1_19.jpg
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_nc9hBiFN03Q/TFXrEgbcp5I/AAAAAAAAEZQ/QKefwZdFOTs/s800/wii_pla_act1_27.jpg
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_nc9hBiFN03Q/TFXrSDPszdI/AAAAAAAAEZg/evisoSoLAxo/s800/wii_pla_act4_03.jpg
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_nc9hBiFN03Q/TFXrUzLWxPI/AAAAAAAAEZo/0cazPfSnzbo/s800/wii_pla_act4_06.jpg
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_nc9hBiFN03Q/TFXrX3Nmq5I/AAAAAAAAEZs/nIuR1Lfjk78/s800/wii_pla_act4_10.jpg
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_nc9hBiFN03Q/TFXrdiSOKUI/AAAAAAAAEZ0/LBgFRMapD_I/s800/wii_pla_act4_17.jpg
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_nc9hBiFN03Q/TFXrgeNF9wI/AAAAAAAAEZ4/gmdcC5i71Mk/s800/wii_pla_act4_19.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Direct link -> http://picasaweb.google.ca/GoldMetalSonicE32010/SonicColorsWiiDS

Some other news, SEGA announced recently that they're replacing all Sonic voice actors, with the exception of Eggman.
The only ones confirmed so far are Sonic, which will be voiced by Roger Craig Smith (Chris Redfield on Resident Evil 5, Ezio Auditore on Assassin's Creed 2, Siegfried Schtauffen on Soul Calibur 4, Deidara on Naruto, Hirako Shinji on Bleach, ...), Tails will be voiced by Kate Higgins (Cordelia gi Randgriz, Martha Lipponen, Freesia York on Valkyria Chronicles, Naomi / RinRin on Madworld, Haruno Sakura on Naruto), and Eggman will be voiced by his current VA, Mike Pollock.
http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/07/15/out-of-the-mouths-of-hedgehogs/

Tyreek
Aug 6, 2010, 10:48 PM
What in the world made them decide to replace everyone?! XD Glad Pollock stays though. He's did good in Unleashed.

Tetsaru
Aug 6, 2010, 11:06 PM
New trailer and screenshots look awesome. :D The theme song's.... ok..... I guess. :confused:

And regarding the voice actors, I guess I'd have to hear them first. I hated a lot of the voice acting in previous Sonic games though, so hopefully it's a change for the better. :)

PLEASE Sega, don't fuck this up, or Sonic 4... I'd really like to play another GOOD Sonic game. >_<

Also, I hope they decide to port the Wii version to PS3 and 360, because I REALLY don't like the Wii, lol... That, and I'm a bit of a trophy whore, lol. *looks at signature image* ^^;

KodiaX987
Aug 7, 2010, 09:05 AM
PLEASE Sega, don't fuck this up

lolin' hard.

Delete
Aug 7, 2010, 09:52 AM
Hey...some people happen to like coloring.....just probably no one on these forums lol.

Tetsaru
Aug 7, 2010, 03:14 PM
lolin' hard.

Heh, yeah. Sadly, it's pretty inevitable these days. Watch them troll us again... :disapprove:

Hey...some people happen to like coloring.....just probably no one on these forums lol.

Lol, the title IS pretty lame too. THE COLORS DUKE - THE COLORRRRRRRRSSSSSS!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwlMHJE82Mk

Ezodagrom
Aug 7, 2010, 03:32 PM
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4135/soniccolors2.jpg
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7062/sonicnotchu2.jpg

Tetsaru
Aug 7, 2010, 04:10 PM
LMAO WOW... XD

Tyreek
Aug 9, 2010, 11:33 PM
I just listened to Roger Craig Smith voicing Sonic... OMFG, give back Jason Griffith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS4V8csJrMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bRTFDygfNE&feature=related

Edit: Now I'm hearing he's not gonna sound like this in game. If this is fake, then consider this a video troll lol. We'll see.... :/ I got nothing against Roger, but dammit, this first impression killed me.

Outrider
Aug 9, 2010, 11:51 PM
Why does anybody friggin' care? Sonic has always sounded stupid and has always been a ridiculous character.

PLEASE GROW UP.
>The Internet

BIG OLAF
Aug 10, 2010, 12:24 AM
Man, the guy narrating Tyreek's first video is taking the voice-over shit too seriously. Like Outrider said: who cares? Sonic's always sounded like a just-hit-puberty surfer dude who's trying too hard to be cool.

I liked it better when he was the "strong, silent" hero waaaaay back on the original Genesis titles. Sometimes, adding voices to characters who have never had them before kind of ruins it all. But, of course, that's only....sometimes. Right?

*Looks nervously towards Metroid: Other M*

Tyreek
Aug 10, 2010, 12:42 AM
Why does anybody friggin' care? Sonic has always sounded stupid and has always been a ridiculous character.

PLEASE GROW UP.
>The Internet

Hey... Calm down. I admit I overreacted, but that was god awful. I honestly don't know what your gripe about Sonic is to burst out like that, but I actually DO like his voice, and Jason was the closest thing to Ryan Drummond in giving Sonic actual personality. Honestly, with me, its about presentation. If your presentation is crappy, usually, you'll fall flat on bringing the feel and charm of who you're voicing (Read Megaman X7). That doesn't mean I'll be put off from the game however. But that was shocking to hear.

Sorry if I'm riling people up with things that are considered pointless, but that's how I gauge high quality games. <_<;

Tetsaru
Aug 10, 2010, 12:47 AM
I just listened to Roger Craig Smith voicing Sonic... OMFG, give back Jason Griffith.

Edit: Now I'm hearing he's not gonna sound like this in game. If this is fake, then consider this a video troll lol. We'll see.... :/ I got nothing against Roger, but dammit, this first impression killed me.

Yeeeaaaah... after listening to that and some of Sonic's previous voice actors, I'd have to say Jason Griffith or Ryan Drummond sound much better. If I really wanted to nitpick, I think Jason Griffith's lower voice is better suited for Sonic's angrier/angstier lines, while Ryan Drummond's higher voice is better for his more enthusiastic "grunts" and what not.

Here, you be the judge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgzSq2Autno

I also listened to this video too. I know a lot of people hate Jaleel White's voice, but I think it really suits Sonic. And fuck Martin Burke, he was TERRIBLE, lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPSihQ92RMo&playnext=1&videos=toEJeTcqVC4

But... in the E3 video that got posted earlier, (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2498913&postcount=46) I thought Sonic sounded pretty good, even though he didn't really say anything other than "Spin!" along with his usual noises... to me, he sounded... I guess "beefier" would be the word I'm looking for. Was that Roger Craig Smith's voice acting?

I dunno, it's still too early to really pass judgment... we need an actual cutscene or something.

@ BIG OLAF: Yeah, that transition always seems to be awkward for some reason. Now that I think about it, I can't really imagine Link from the Zelda series suddenly having a voice instead of his usual HYEEEAAAH!!!'s and what-not. o_o But, I guess voice-overs are to be expected in games nowadays, unlike in most 8 and 16-bit games where a lot of these famous characters were born.

Tyreek
Aug 10, 2010, 12:55 AM
But I heard that was an announcer's voice. Wasn't it? Or was it really Sonic doing the voicing there? I originally believed the former while listening to the vids for Tropical Resort and was impressed with what I heard. Then suddenly I come across these vids about his voice and was flabberasted at what went on. But like I said, we'll see. I jumped the gun with those vids, but I'll wait for something more factual next time.

Tetsaru
Aug 10, 2010, 01:04 AM
But I heard that was an announcer's voice. Wasn't it? Or was it really Sonic doing the voicing there?

I thought I heard a little bit of both, but I may be wrong. :confused:

But yeah, a good cutscene with some dialogue would clear up some things.

Ezodagrom
Aug 10, 2010, 05:59 AM
Those voice clips in the previous page are probably some early thing and a rushed job for alton towers.
In the end of this video (I think around 15 seconds or so), you can hear a better example of his possible Sonic voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR2ojIJvjjI
(and still this might be also an early sample too, can't know for sure until the game is released or until SEGA shows some trailer showing a cutscene)

Weeaboolits
Aug 10, 2010, 06:54 AM
They need to get the actors from the movie back.

Outrider
Aug 10, 2010, 10:29 AM
Hey... Calm down. I admit I overreacted, but that was god awful. I honestly don't know what your gripe about Sonic is to burst out like that, but I actually DO like his voice, and Jason was the closest thing to Ryan Drummond in giving Sonic actual personality. Honestly, with me, its about presentation. If your presentation is crappy, usually, you'll fall flat on bringing the feel and charm of who you're voicing (Read Megaman X7). That doesn't mean I'll be put off from the game however. But that was shocking to hear.

Sorry if I'm riling people up with things that are considered pointless, but that's how I gauge high quality games. <_<;

Oh, I'm not trying to attack you, but it is mind-boggling why people care about anything except for gameplay when it comes to Sonic.

Sonic the Hedgehog is about a bright blue hedgehog who jumps on robots to release bunny rabbits from them while he tries to collect magical jewelery.

People should not take this series so seriously.

There are two things that happened around the same time:
1.) Sega (and presumably the fans) started taking the narrative and characters way too seriously
2.) Sonic games started to suck

This is not a coincidence.

KodiaX987
Aug 10, 2010, 06:59 PM
The only time I should hear Sonic speak is if he's in the SatAM universe and the doc just told him he was about to fuck his shit solid.

Otherwise, I want that rodent to remain in Gordon Freeman mode 24/7.

Akaimizu
Aug 11, 2010, 09:54 AM
For Robotnik, it made sense for him to speak. He's kind of voiced stuff out before he really talked.

However, given that he's had a history of fantastic voice work. It's easy to let Robotnik speak.

Outrider
Aug 11, 2010, 10:14 AM
The only time I should hear Sonic speak is if he's in the SatAM universe and the doc just told him he was about to fuck his shit solid.

Or we could be sane and ignore the existence of both SatAM and Archie due to them being pretty awful as well.

Just a thought.

Sayara
Aug 11, 2010, 10:30 AM
The Doc in SAtAM was pretty bad-ass though

Outrider
Aug 11, 2010, 10:57 AM
The Doc in SAtAM was pretty bad-ass though

I guess.

But there was also a furry princess and a French sword-fighting coyote and UNNECESSARY DARKNESS.

KodiaX987
Aug 11, 2010, 04:18 PM
Just a thought.

Corner. Now.

Just sayin'.

navci
Aug 11, 2010, 04:30 PM
Or we could be sane and ignore the existence of both SatAM and Archie due to them being pretty awful as well.

Just a thought.

Hear hear.

Outrider
Aug 11, 2010, 04:46 PM
Corner. Now.

From the Sonic wiki (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_News_Network), a description of one of the episodes (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/The_Odd_Couple):

Later, while Antoine is relaxing in his hut, Sonic barges in, with a suitcase full of his socks, telling him that they're going to be "roomies" until the snowstorm stops, so he can start rebuilding his hut, much to Antoine's dismay. Antoine faints upon hearing this news. While Antoine and Sonic are waiting out the storm, many things happen: Ant tries to throw Sonic's sneakers outside, snow comes into the house, Sonic accidently throws chili onto Antoine and eats his dinner. Finally, Sonic "sleepruns", dreaming he is beating up Robotnik. Antoine finally breaks, and says: "If you cannot beat on them, hehehe, THEN YOU MUST JOIN THEM!!!" He then procedes to tearing up his hut. Sonic wakes up and leaves. The noise disturbs some of the Freedom Fighters. They come to see what the source of the noise is, and narrowly avoid getting hit by one of Ant's pillows.

You lose.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 11, 2010, 06:16 PM
There's always Sonic X, Outrider.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100227172620/sonic/images/b/b5/050sonic.jpg

Outrider
Aug 11, 2010, 06:40 PM
The look on his face gives me the vibe that the title of the show should clearly be Sonic XXX.

KodiaX987
Aug 11, 2010, 09:23 PM
From the Sonic wiki (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_News_Network), a description of one of the episodes (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/The_Odd_Couple):

Oh, two people can play this game.

Now to complete this quote mine. Here's the condensed remainder of the corresponding season two:

1 - Sonic attempts a rescue of his uncle using a de-roboticizer. (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Conversion)
2 - Sonic embarks on a rescue mission inside a fortress that reveals itself to be a pinball-themed trap set up by Robotnik. (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Guy)
3 - Sonic is hit by a memory scrambling device and brainwashed into working against the freedom fighters.
4, 5 - Sonic and Sally travel into the past to stop Robotnik before his takeover. The attempt not only fails but also makes matters even worse.
6 - Two filler comedy episodes mostly centered around Antoine.
7 - Robotnik sets his sights on roboticizing the remaining dragons alive.
8 - Sonic finds himself trapped in the alternate dimension where Robotnik sent the previous ruler of Mobius years ago. (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/The_Void_(episode))
9 - Two more filler comedy episodes, one of them being the one you mentioned.
10 - Sonic travels to an ancient canyon on a clue that freedom fighters may be hiding there, and runs into the prototype Doomsday Pod.
11 - Robotnik opens a dig site to find the Deep Power Stones, prompting the freedom fighters into a race against time to find them before he does.
12 - The freedom fighters witness a major construction site and embark on several risky infiltrations to find out what it's about.
13 - In a final move against the freedom fighters, Robotnik activates a biomechanical doomsday machine that will eradicate all life on the planet within 24 hours.

Two half-hour comedy fillers out of thirteen. Not bad.

Outrider
Aug 11, 2010, 09:43 PM
Methinks the gentlemen doth protest too much.

Ezodagrom
Aug 11, 2010, 09:46 PM
Reading that season 2 summary makes me agree with this even more.

Anyway, about the Sonic voice, found this, the Alton Towers recording and 3 minor edits to the pitch (each sample with an higher pitch).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBofLC6Q3I

With some minor edits, or with Roger Smith trying to do a higher pitched voice, there's the potential for a good Sonic voice, I think.
Who knows, maybe the recording used in the Alton Towers thing is actually edited with a lower pitch? Or maybe it was a rushed thing? Doesn't matter, can't really judge his Sonic voice until there's a Sonic Colors cutscene trailer (or until the game's release).

navci
Aug 11, 2010, 11:11 PM
The look on his face gives me the vibe that the title of the show should clearly be Sonic XXX.

Man, that thought has not cross my mind until now. I blame you. I do I do!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 12, 2010, 12:13 AM
There's always Sonic x Outrider.

Fanfic those things, by fans.

Outrider will hold on like Shepard and airlock blow em out though. Because Outrider is a spaceship.

Or Sonic, hotel what the...

http://www.segashiro.com/2010/02/16/sonic-the-hedgehog-hotel-room-pictures/

Toilet cover made out of gold rings. Bling.

-

But you know you want Sonic hat. With pre-order.

http://www.segashiro.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/sonichat530.jpg

http://www.segashiro.com/2010/07/13/get-a-sonic-hat-with-a-pre-order-of-sonic-colors-on-wii-or-ds/ (http://www.segashiro.com/2010/07/13/get-a-sonic-hat-with-a-pre-order-of-sonic-colors-on-wii-or-ds/)

Because they were rare in Canadia:

I spotted this Sonic fan passing by the booth, and had to grab a picture – these hats (Sonic, at least) were really hard to find last week in Toronto! (http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/09/06/sega-at-pax-2009-day-2/)

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/category/bleach-the-3rd-phantom/

Outrider
Aug 12, 2010, 12:49 AM
Man, that thought has not cross my mind until now. I blame you. I do I do!

I'm only hear to help. :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Aug 12, 2010, 01:25 AM
Dammit, Haya. I put a comma there for a reason...baby.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 12, 2010, 04:06 AM
I've read 0 so far. I plan to keep it that way. So don't worry.

Just wanted to throw links around found through some other search (I swear I wasn't searching for Bleach I clicked Daisy Fuentes Fitness search term on the side of SEGA site though), and make another Shepard joke.

Ezodagrom
Aug 16, 2010, 09:14 AM
Voice clips with Roger Craig Smith Sonic voice, these are also from the Alton Towers but with a bit better quality.

Hero of Legend at the SSMB(who got the clip the OP posted) did some more digging through ArchangelUK's Radio Redux shows and cut out some more voice clips that ArchangelUK shared -
http://www.wikiupload.com/28ZUlHQy
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=340037&page=6

Also, interview with Kate Higgins, Tails new VA:

Spax here, and I got a chance to have a text interview with voice actress Kate Higgins. This was via email so it's not going to come off as a very social chat, so please understand that for the postings on the site, I am only going to deliver the questions and answers exactly as they were written.

SPAX: First of all, what got you interested in music?

KATE: I've always played music and sung since I was 6 years old.

SPAX: Since you then got into voice acting in 2002, what got you interested in that?

KATE: I fell into it when i moved to LA. I was recording music at a studio where an exec from disney heard me talking and liked my voice. She suggested I call her and talk to her about vo work. Then it all kind of just took off from there.

SPAX: You're most notable role these days seems to be Sakura Haruno from the Naruto, how do you feel about voicing her and what do you like about the character?

KATE: I love voicing Sakura, she's strong and sensitive, and i love that people love her!!

SPAX: What do you think of the show Naruto in general, if you watch any of the episodes you voiced in?

KATE: I think it's a great show. It seems to really touch on deeply human emotions and issues, as well as being fantastical and exciting!

SPAX: How do you feel playing a voice of Candy Cane/Becky in a fanservice style wrestling game called "Rumble Roses XX"?

KATE: I have to be honest and tell you that I don't remember voicing her. I've done lots of games and some of them stick out more than others in my memory. I get many of them mixed up : )

SPAX: Though you began voicing the character in the 2006 game Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, in 2005, the character Tina Armstrong won Video Game Vixen of the Year from G4, how does it feel to voice a character who received that award?

KATE: Well, now that I know, and i must say it feels good. Someone obviously thought i was a bit of a vixen, and that doesn't bother me ; )

SPAX: In Zatch Bell, you voiced the character Megumi Oumi who was a singer in the show. Do you think that she is a character that comes close to who you are in real life?

KATE: Well, she was more of a pop star type singer than a story telling singer, so we probably aren't that much alike. Although i did used to want fame.

SPAX: For all the anime/video game characters you played as, which one of the following that fits your persona?

KATE: Probably Sakura.

SPAX: You're also star in video games such as "Rumble Roses XX" as Candy Cane, "Wild Arms 4" as Yulie Athreride, and so on. Do you play any of the games you voice in or any other video games in general?

KATE: i have never played a single video game. ever. crazy huh???!!!! well, wait, i take that back. we had atari when it first came out and i was addicted.

SPAX: A friend of mine is curious about this, but which of the character you enjoy more out of the two, C.C. from Code Geass or Talho Yuki from Eureka 7?

KATE: Definitely Talho.

SPAX: Which do you like more? Voice acting, or singing?

KATE: Love them both. Singing is more of a complex issue for me. I never take the voice acting personally, so it's easier on the soul. But singing is great when you have a good relationship with it.

SPAX: You voiced Scarlet Which and Pixie in Wolverine and the X-Men. Have you ever seen any previous X-Men media like the 90s cartoon or the comics, or even the movies?

KATE: I rented the movies when I was auditioning for the series. I originally read for the part of Rogue.

SPAX: Now to some questions related to what has raised a lot of interest in the Sonic community. How did you end up auditioning for Tails in the Sonic the Hedgehog games?

KATE: I know the producer and i sent in my audition from my home studio

SPAX: Have you ever played any Sonic games before?

KATE: No. Sorry : (

SPAX: I heard a boy like voice in an animation demo you had available on your website, and it was pretty cute. Is that anything like how you are going to have Tails sound? Because I think it would be quite fitting.

KATE: Yes, the voice is very close to that.

SPAX: In your own personal opinion, what kind of character do you see Tails as?

KATE: Helpful, feisty, and cute : )

SPAX: Now to finish up with a few personal interest questions. What are some hobbies you like to do outside of music and voice acting?

KATE: i like reading and watching truck videos with my 2 year old.

SPAX: Do you have a personal favorite book, movie and song? (aside from anything you worked on)

KATE: Any book on psychology. No fave movie. As for songs.......lullabys for my kids.

SPAX: Last question, What were some goals and dreams you have prior to music and voice acting?

KATE: I wanted to be a singer and actress my whole life. Can't remember ever wanting anything else : ), guess i'm in the right profession.

And there you go. I'm sorry this couldn't be a voice interview like all the past interviews have been, but she's busy with both her work and her family, so she gave me what she had time for. I'm just grateful that she took time in general to allow me to ask some questions. Thanks for the interview, Kate.
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=340095

Ezodagrom
Aug 19, 2010, 03:14 PM
Bump. :>

New wisp announced and pictures of a new zone:

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/08/19/roll-out-with-the-pink-wisp-new-info-on-sonic-colors/

This morning we’ve got more new info on the Sonic front! Those of you excited about Sonic Colors (which should be all of you, in my opinion), can check out the latest reveal: the Pink Wisp.

As the official release states:
Sonic is not the only one with spikes in Sonic Colors!
Check out the Color Power of the latest Wisp to be revealed; Pink Wisp and its Sonic-like spikes! When Sonic absorbs Pink Wisp, he can use “Pink Spike” Color Power, meaning he has much stronger spikes. Pink Spike makes the most of the spikes and is able to stick to any wall and ceilings! Exclusive to the Nintendo Wii version of the game, Pink Wisp helps Sonic explore new routes in a brand new way through certain levels of the game.

Personally, this wisp is actually one of my favorites – being able to roll anywhere you want is awesome. What do you guys think of the new possibilities the Pink Wisp brings to stages?

Another new Wisp from Sonic Colors will also be revealed very soon, so keep an eye here to the blogs for the news!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/4908020508_8f27949135_z.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4082/4907428485_667c24015c_z.jpg

EDIT: And another wisp has been announced, the green wisp.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/08/20/sonic-colors-go-green-with-the-green-wisp-in-sonic-colors/

Sonic Colors gets more colorful all the time! The Green Wisp is the next in line to unveil its special Color Power. By absorbing the Green Wisp Sonic gains the ability to soar in the air with the “Green Hover” Color Power enabling you to find hidden paths, or explore much higher levels than normal! With help from the Green Wisp’s Color Power you are able to perform a Ring Dash near a series of rings!

More Color Power reveals soon…
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4142/4910757730_b72a8c86b9_z.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4910757658_af23ca6e72_z.jpg

Outrider
Aug 22, 2010, 02:25 AM
I know this thread is supposed to be about people complaining about Sonic canon and how their furries should sound, but I had to butt-in to mention that this game is gorgeous.

I keep forgetting it's on Wii.

I don't buy that the gameplay will be all that great yet, but Sega has learned a thing or two about the Wii hardware.

Tetsaru
Aug 22, 2010, 05:12 PM
I know this thread is supposed to be about people complaining about Sonic canon and how their furries should sound, but I had to butt-in to mention that this game is gorgeous.

I keep forgetting it's on Wii.

I don't buy that the gameplay will be all that great yet, but Sega has learned a thing or two about the Wii hardware.

I agree, the levels and visuals look awesome so far. I just hope it gets ported to the other systems too - imagine how it'd look with HD support! :o

Of course, I'm a bit of a PS3 trophy whore and I hate the Wii, so of course I'd want it to get ported, lol... ^^;

The "wisps" or whatever that are used for power-ups sound pretty cool too; they remind me of the Fire, Lightning, and Water shields you could get in Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles that gave you certain abilities if you played as Sonic. Of course, I'd need to see these newer pink and green ones in action, but the blue and yellow ones from the video were cool. At least he isn't wielding a sword or a gun, lol. :razz:

Ezodagrom
Aug 22, 2010, 05:47 PM
There's a few videos from gamescom, but it's mostly awful players playing.
Title Screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awR6yj8sAj8

Orange Wisp (the 2nd one starts at 3:53):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYRVPT2RBIo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DItY3CQSpRQ

Tropical Resort:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK1r6RJTIOw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSR0EnOiweA

Green Wisp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9j3nKjP8TE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l9YIjjrjD4

Tetsaru
Aug 22, 2010, 07:08 PM
Ah cool, thanks. :)

So, to recap what we know so far:

- The yellow one allows him to drill underground

- The sky blue one appears to let him dash along crystals of the same color, like a pinball

- The orange one skyrockets him upwards

- The green one lets him float around (kinda reminded me of how Tails moved when he was flying in Sonic 3) and also perform dashes along paths of rings

- The pink one lets him cling to various surfaces when rolling (didn't see it in any of those videos, though)

In the first video with the title screen, it looks like there's also a white/silvery one, and two other blue ones, for a total of 8. At first glance, I thought they were the Chaos Emeralds, lol.

So far, these videos are very promising, but the game's not out yet, lol...

Ezodagrom
Aug 22, 2010, 08:46 PM
Ah cool, thanks. :)

So, to recap what we know so far:

- The yellow one allows him to drill underground

- The sky blue one appears to let him dash along crystals of the same color, like a pinball

- The orange one skyrockets him upwards

- The green one lets him float around (kinda reminded me of how Tails moved when he was flying in Sonic 3) and also perform dashes along paths of rings

- The pink one lets him cling to various surfaces when rolling (didn't see it in any of those videos, though)

In the first video with the title screen, it looks like there's also a white/silvery one, and two other blue ones, for a total of 8. At first glance, I thought they were the Chaos Emeralds, lol.

So far, these videos are very promising, but the game's not out yet, lol...
Cover of the game, which shows the 8 wisps:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4123/4864093439_3867221ccb_z.jpg

Going from left to right, purple is unknown, pink allows to climb surfaces while rolling (no videos of it yet, only the 2 pictures), orange is the rocket, greenish blue is the laser (the one that uses the crystals), sky blue replaced the rings as the boost energy (good thing, in my opinion, having the boost more limited than in Unleashed), yellow is the drill, dark blue is unknown, and green is the floaty and ring dash one.

Ezodagrom
Aug 24, 2010, 12:03 AM
New gameplay video from IGN:
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/75624/sonic-colors/videos/gc10_soniccolors_gmp_gameplay_82310.html?show=hi

It shows a bit of the construction site stage, but it's a better quality video than the others from gamescom.
In this one it's possible to hear the music from the stage, which in my opinion is nice, kinda fits with the construction site in a natural environment setting.

One thing to note is an warning exclamation symbol in the start. I think it might be to warn the player about a bottomless pit approaching?
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2617/colorssymbol.jpg

If I'm correct, this will be a good thing to avoid cheap deaths.

Ezodagrom
Sep 16, 2010, 01:14 PM
New gameplay videos of Sonic Colors:
Co-Op video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkZn9fOkqDc
Tropical Resort:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmbVivX70VI
Sweet Mountain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grv6awOcIVo

In the sweet mountain video, Tails new voice can be heard around 1:00.

Also some tutorial videos, showing both Wii and DS versions:
http://www.sonicstadium.org/blog/2010/09/16/new-sonic-colours-art-videos/

And the Planet Wisp stage shown at PAX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9_iIN_2oqk

Ezodagrom
Sep 20, 2010, 08:32 PM
A bunch of screenshots, with the first 2 showing the blue wisp and many of the others showing a new zone, Aquarium Park.

http://www.sega.com/games/uploaded/screens..._qua_52_med.jpg (http://www.sega.com/games/uploaded/screenshot_uploads/wii_qua_52_med.jpg)
http://www.sega.com/games/uploaded/screens..._qua_56_med.jpg (http://www.sega.com/games/uploaded/screenshot_uploads/wii_qua_56_med.jpg)

http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21363wii_qua_00.jpg
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21364wii_qua_02.jpg
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21365wii_qua_03.jpg
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21366wii_qua_11.jpg
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...qua_boss_42.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21378wii_qua_boss_42.jpg)

http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21367wii_qua_19.jpg
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21368wii_qua_27.jpg
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21369wii_qua_37.jpg
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21370wii_qua_41.jpg
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21371wii_qua_45.jpg
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21372wii_qua_48.jpg
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21373wii_qua_49.jpg
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21374wii_qua_51.jpg
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21375wii_qua_57.jpg
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...qua_boss_35.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21376wii_qua_boss_35.jpg)
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...qua_boss_39.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21377wii_qua_boss_39.jpg)

http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...ot_00000830.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21380screenshot_00000830.jpg)
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...ot_00000837.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21381screenshot_00000837.jpg)
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...ot_00000839.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21382screenshot_00000839.jpg)
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...ot_00000841.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21383screenshot_00000841.jpg)
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...ot_00000844.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21384screenshot_00000844.jpg)

http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...Park_Act1_1.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21353Aquarium_Park_Act1_1.jpg)
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...Park_Act1_5.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21354Aquarium_Park_Act1_5.jpg)
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...Park_Act1_6.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21355Aquarium_Park_Act1_6.jpg)

http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...Park_Act1_8.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21356Aquarium_Park_Act1_8.jpg)
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...Park_Act2_6.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21357Aquarium_Park_Act2_6.jpg)
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...Park_Act2_9.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21358Aquarium_Park_Act2_9.jpg)
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...Park_Boss_2.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21359Aquarium_Park_Boss_2.jpg)
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...Park_Boss_4.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21360Aquarium_Park_Boss_4.jpg)
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...Park_Boss_5.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21361Aquarium_Park_Boss_5.jpg)
http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/213...Park_Boss_6.jpg (http://sega-press.com/Sega/Screenshots/21362Aquarium_Park_Boss_6.jpg)

And yes, this is Sonic underwater in a 3D Sonic game. O_O
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8749/colorsunderwater.jpg

Ezodagrom
Oct 11, 2010, 01:24 PM
New trailer.
http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/soniccolours/video/6281388

Akaimizu
Oct 12, 2010, 01:18 PM
This new Sonic game is getting some mighty fine press, lately. Looks like one of those I really can't skip. (Even though it's not perfect, I'm also glad I didn't skip Sonic Unleashed.) But this positive press makes me feel like this is a Sonic game I neeeed in my library.

Delete
Oct 14, 2010, 05:39 AM
Don't forget Sonic 4 which came out yesterday, that's pretty freakin sweet too even if it is kinda short :wacko:

Ezodagrom
Oct 16, 2010, 10:28 PM
More gameplay videos:
Tropical Resort Act 1 - YouTube - Sonic Colors - Tropical Resort (Act 1) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Chys0ob7c)
Tropical Resort Act 2 - YouTube - Sonic Colors - Tropical Resort (Act 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLvlPz54y1s)
Sweet Mountain Act 1 - YouTube - Sonic Colors - Sweet Mountain (Act 1) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSTMXzznlA8)
Sweet Mountain Act 2 - YouTube - Sonic Colors - Sweet Mountain (Act 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHIUBOySdSg)
Planet Wisp Act 1 - YouTube - Sonic Colors - Planet Wisp (Act 1) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm8TyLWlHbw)
Planet Wisp Act 2 - YouTube - Sonic Colors - Planet Wisp (Act 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Og7ndH1sb8)

Kent
Oct 17, 2010, 02:38 AM
Don't forget Sonic 4 which came out yesterday, that's pretty freakin sweet too even if it is kinda short :wacko:
It's a bit on the short side of things, but it also feels very much like an old Sonic game, even in that regard.

It's also surprisingly fantastic - a pleasant surprise, after I was expecting them to screw this one up, it turns out that it's just really good.

Freeze
Oct 17, 2010, 10:21 AM
It's a bit on the short side of things, but it also feels very much like an old Sonic game, even in that regard.

It's also surprisingly fantastic - a pleasant surprise, after I was expecting them to screw this one up, it turns out that it's just really good.

Don't forget that this is just episode 1, there's more to come.

Outrider
Oct 17, 2010, 08:33 PM

Is that so? My time with the demo wasn't terribly fun. The level design was okay, but the slow speed and jilted momentum were huge turn-offs.

I suppose the rest of the game could be better, but the demo was less than impressive.

Kent
Oct 17, 2010, 10:28 PM
Is that so? My time with the demo wasn't terribly fun. The level design was okay, but the slow speed and jilted momentum were huge turn-offs.

I suppose the rest of the game could be better, but the demo was less than impressive.
Yeah... The demo isn't all that great. This is part of the reason why a demo should never, ever, ever entail just the first level of a game.

The physics are a bit different than what we're used to, but once you get used to them (it didn't take long for me - I honestly don't see the problems that the entire internet is aflame with, I think they just want to hate it for the sake of hating a Sonic game) they work very well with the level design. The levels themselves get a lot better than that, simply because the first level is really just there to introduce players to how this kind of game works.

I'd say the only real problem is the price point. $15 for a game this short is a bit of a stretch, I'd say. It might be best to just wait until it goes on sale as a Deal of the Week, or you could just exploit the Bing Bar and get some freebie points to soften the impact it leaves on the Microsoft Points you actually bought.

Ezodagrom
Oct 17, 2010, 11:33 PM
Even after getting used to how Sonic 4 Ep1 plays, I still don't like the physics. It just doesn't feel right, feels so unnatural.

In another note, related to Sonic Colors, I like how the 2nd acts have remixes of the 1st acts musics.

Ezodagrom
Oct 29, 2010, 11:58 AM
Sonic Colors cutscene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pVHJeIUWOI

In here it's shown the new Sonic and Tails voices.
In my opinion, Sonic new voice is okay, it'll take some time getting used to it though, but Tails new voice is much better than any of the previous ones.

RubyEclipse
Oct 30, 2010, 01:05 AM
I'm pretty happy with Tails' new voice, personally. Wasn't a fan of the previous, super high-pitched ones. Sonic's new voice also sounds pretty good in Colors.

The music in Colors is also very well done. Whereas Sonic 4 has some nice oldschool style songs (Mad Gear ftw), Colors builds on the direction taken by Unleashed in terms of orchestral melodies.

Msr. Bojangles
Oct 30, 2010, 01:53 AM
Hmm... Well, I sorta like the new voices. Definitely not going to miss Tails's eardrum splitting old voice. *...Major exaggeration* And I can't complain about Sonic's. ...Though I wonder how the word 'Wisp' is too much for him to say. ...Must've been lost in translation.

Ezodagrom
Oct 30, 2010, 08:39 AM
I'm pretty happy with Tails' new voice, personally. Wasn't a fan of the previous, super high-pitched ones. Sonic's new voice also sounds pretty good in Colors.

The music in Colors is also very well done. Whereas Sonic 4 has some nice oldschool style songs (Mad Gear ftw), Colors builds on the direction taken by Unleashed in terms of orchestral melodies.
Agree about the music, I hope a similar style is kept throughout future Sonic games. Based on gameplay videos, so far my personal favorite is the Planet Wisp Act 1 music. :3

Seth Astra
Oct 30, 2010, 08:54 AM
Meh, unleashed's music was okay. Not as good as SA2B's music, though.

Rashiid
Oct 30, 2010, 10:08 AM
If y'all don't know by now, Tail's new voice is the same person that does Sakura's voice from Naruto.

Majarra
Oct 30, 2010, 10:56 PM
If y'all don't know by now, Tail's new voice is the same person that does Sakura's voice from Naruto.

And C2 from Code Geass. <3 Kate Higgins.
edit: Sonics voice is gonna take quite some time to get adjusted to. I'm not one to complain about small things like voice acting but holy crap was I suprised when he started talking. Tails' voice hasn't been this good since SA/SA2 imo, Kate is doing a great job with Tails.

Ezodagrom
Oct 31, 2010, 09:42 AM
And Sonic's VA voiced Deidara from Naruto, Shinji from Bleach, Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed 2 and Chris Redfield from Resident Evil 5. :>

Nitro Vordex
Oct 31, 2010, 12:25 PM
I really liked that cutscene. When they started talking, I had a big goof grin on my face. It was like I was watching a Saturday morning cartoon again. Tails' voice is much more standable, and Sonic's sounds like he's finally going through puberty. (Though technically he should already be halfway done.) Just watching that cutscene made me have faith in that game.

Randomness
Oct 31, 2010, 12:34 PM
I really liked that cutscene. When they started talking, I had a big goof grin on my face. It was like I was watching a Saturday morning cartoon again. Tails' voice is much more standable, and Sonic's sounds like he's finally going through puberty. (Though technically he should already be halfway done.) Just watching that cutscene made me have faith in that game.

The voices are much improved from previous games, for sure. Dialog too.

Rashiid
Oct 31, 2010, 01:14 PM
I actually like the voices. I mean, it's a lot to take on since it's the entire freaking cast, but it does sound more grown up, despite the name, lol.

McLaughlin
Oct 31, 2010, 03:03 PM
And Sonic's VA voiced Deidara from Naruto, Shinji from Bleach, Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed 2 and Chris Redfield from Resident Evil 5. :>

Wouldn't have pegged all those as the same guy.

Nice to see people other than the Red Ranger getting some work.

Kent
Oct 31, 2010, 03:28 PM
Something about Sonic moonwalking at the start of that cutscene is hilarious.

Ezodagrom
Nov 8, 2010, 03:47 PM
IGN Reviews:
Wii version (8.5/10) -> http://wii.ign.com/articles/113/1132902p1.html
DS version (8.5/10) -> http://ds.ign.com/articles/113/1132901p1.html

Ezodagrom
Nov 12, 2010, 03:25 PM
So far Colours been getting mostly positive reviews, currently with a metacritic score of 78/100, and looks like Famitsu gave it a 34/40, 8/8/8/10.
There's some reviews with mixed scores, the lowest ones giving it a 6/10, but in most of those lower reviews they nitpick about the controls, I'm guessing they're giving it lower scores just because they're bad at the game. :>
There's even one reviewer complaining about the graphics. o_o;
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/sonic-colors/critic-reviews

I'm surprised (in a bad way) about Gametrailers though, how come they gave Colours a lower score than Unleashed Wii...Seriously?

EDIT: Now this is a surprise, an 8/10 from Gamespot.
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/soniccolours/review.html

Jaspaller
Nov 13, 2010, 08:18 PM
Voice clips for those that just want to hear some more of the new voices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvjLf21n9no

Voices in order
Sonic
Tails
Yacker
Eggman
Cubot
Orbot
Knuckles
Shadow
Blaze
Amy
Silver
Cream
Big
Espio
Charmy
Vector
Chao
Rouge
Omega
Wisp

Akaimizu
Nov 13, 2010, 09:25 PM
I'll still reserve my judgement on Robotnik/Eggman. Deem Bristol WAS the good Doctor. (ER Bad Doctor). It'll be hard to see his voice as an improvement, but yeah, tails is sounding more like tails should've sounded like from the beginning.

Ezodagrom
Nov 13, 2010, 11:08 PM
A video with stuff Eggman says during stages:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zDlwgQN9pU

Zarode
Nov 13, 2010, 11:41 PM
Hahaha, that's great. It's weird seeing a Sonic game get this much attention.

Tyreek
Nov 14, 2010, 06:41 AM
Good to know that they hit a good mark somewhere in the Sonic series. Shame it ended up being Sonic 4 being the worst out of the two entries lol.