PDA

View Full Version : New to psz wifi/couple questions

Snake_eyez6910
May 26, 2010, 02:43 PM
Hello there! Relatively old to the pso series, new to psz though.

I'm playing a HUcast at the moment and had a couple questions. How long is the average wait time to make a group in free play? Is the exp and drop rate online *that* much better?

For a hunter does it get much better damage-wise than a double saber? It seems like every other weapon i try out ends up dealing less damage per hit, and less hits per animation at a similar speed.

Are the light and ice traps really as useless as they seem? I haven't noticed the light traps making monsters attack each other and the freeze traps last ~2 seconds =/

Any help or insight would be appreciated =3

Chukie sue
May 26, 2010, 03:15 PM
Average wait time for free play? Depends on what your settings are... It's usually 1-5 minutes for me. The drop rate online is signifcantly better from what I've seen. So yeah, it's usually worth a 1-5 minute wait, especially if you're grinding a more difficult level.

Generally, making a good hadan bite (with a garahadan fang), slapping celeb element on it, and spamming Bite Stamp is considered the "Best" way for hunters to fight. Though as far as single attacks go, double sabers are the best. <- that was confirmed somewhere I'm sure of it.

Yeah, they're pretty useless. You willl come to a point in SuperHard where you'll be able to kill medium size enemies before the trap you set will even go off :/ Though fire traps weren't that bad in hard mode when up against Arkzeins at a low level :O

DoctorShanks
May 26, 2010, 03:16 PM
I'm playing a HUcast at the moment and had a couple questions. How long is the average wait time to make a group in free play? Is the exp and drop rate online *that* much better?

I usually end up waiting 3~10 minutes to be paired up on free play. It might be different for other people though. I don't think the exp rate is any different but I'm convinced the drop rate certainly is better. I got a White Disaster and a Phantasma Gaunlet in two back-to-back Free Play runs.

I can't answer your other questions as I have little experience with a Hunter. I hope I helped. :)

The_Pup
May 26, 2010, 03:22 PM
Usually 2-5 minutes to form a group in Free Play. 5 minutes is the cap before it forces you into a party of less than 4.

It depends on the weapon. Just try them out and don't forget to use PAs.

Yes. They are pretty useless. Confuse does work, but it's kind of hard to notice. Freeze is good to save your ass from tight situations, which is rare. Freeze probably would only work in multiplayer where it would be possible to take advantage of the 30% damage bonus with PAs.

Arrow
May 26, 2010, 03:43 PM
Though as far as single attacks go, double sabers are the best. <- that was confirmed somewhere I'm sure of it.

my calculations:

Double saber's attack:
3 hit combo -
1st (swing): 2 hits
2nd: 1 hit
3rd: 3 hits
total: 6 hits
and if ya have one that does like 900 ATP per hit...

3 hit combo - (base ATP not including enemy DFP)
1st: 1,800 ATP
2nd: 900 ATP
3rd: 2,700 ATP
total: 5,400
well that's my math, if ya come up with somethin else leme know

Snake_eyez6910
May 26, 2010, 03:48 PM
Double sabers don't hit 2-1-5, it's 2-1-3 :s

Oh, and ATA caps? are there any, or should i just keep rocking full power with N/N/H hits?

Chukie sue
May 26, 2010, 05:29 PM
Double sabers don't hit 2-1-5, it's 2-1-3 :s

Oh, and ATA caps? are there any, or should i just keep rocking full power with N/N/H hits?

Usually you dont want anything higher than 540 ATA. That is, unless you're spamming a PB that takes away from your accuracy. Then you might want to consider something else.

Clavat99
May 27, 2010, 12:17 AM
Here is my "Stoopid Pursins" guide to palying with other people:

HU--Tanks/DPS-->Use high dfp and atp to deal lots of damage and to keep the hostiles off of other, more squishy players.

RA--DPS/Minor Healer-->Stand at a distance and hit stuff to help with damage, and then use stars or techs to heal others when need be

FO--Healer/Buffer-->All lower level FO's (mainly under 70) stick with staying at a distacne out of the reach of hostiles, and keep buffs up on other players, and heal when needed. For level 70 and up FO's, they still provide the above function, but can also provide nice amounts of DPS.

ArmedesInf.X9000
May 27, 2010, 02:14 PM
Hey dude,

Im no expert on online related, but ive never seen an improved drop rate could be wrong though. I only got one new rare slot from partying there my few times, and Id go on a limb to say its not a rate to make ur eyes bulge out, (in short Idt so). I personally prefer to shy away from free play, bad communication and hard to work w/others because of that.(AFAIK)

On the traps ???(Offline and Online) I'd use heal traps if any, sometimes there useful, and at 93 lvl Idont see the need anymore to use fire traps but in the past they were a life saver, (But ice has never been dat useful, and confuse can happen in offline but better to save ur effort on other battle tactics in my opinion, but traps can be useful and to me the heal can go far when the need arises) but if u gta save space, the Ice, light r my least fav traps. (my 2 cents there but hey thats just me :) )

And lastly about dmg click this link: http://www.pso-world.com/psz-items.php?cat=1&usable=2&ver=1

And go w/ur favorite. (Wut id do atleast :D) Im kind of new too tbh. :)

Chukie sue
May 27, 2010, 02:43 PM
I'm 100% positive the drop rate is increased online. :)

Clavat99, I'd recommend using HP instead of DFP, unless its your mag of course ;o

Noblewine
May 27, 2010, 09:57 PM
1) Finding a party on online mode probably won't take long. My connection it takes pretty long. Maybe 5-7 minutes or longer.
2) The drop rate is fine online but the enemies have more HP. Its alot more challenging.

ArmedesInf.X9000
May 28, 2010, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=Chukie sue;2491719]I'm 100% positive the drop rate is increased online. :)

Interesting response and you've been playing PSzero longer than I have...it seems. I'm curious what the increased % would be (or a guess). U should listen to her More likely my mistake. :D

Vorlik
May 28, 2010, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=Chukie sue;2491719]I'm 100% positive the drop rate is increased online. :)

Interesting response and you've been playing PSzero longer than I have...it seems. I'm curious what the increased % would be (or a guess). U should listen to her More likely my mistake. :D

He's played a lot longer than you, yes. It's a 1.5x multiplier for drop rates online, 1.25x for using access field rather than a quest, so do online access field for the best drop rates. Enemy HP is increased online as well, but so is EXP. The same goes for quests versus simple access field, the EXP rate is higher in quests.

lulu~
Jun 1, 2010, 02:53 AM
i'm also new to PS0, i just started a HUcaseal but i'm not really sure on how to destroy traps...can anyone help me? :(

Chukie sue
Jun 1, 2010, 08:09 AM
If you run close enough to them you'll lock on - then all you need to do is attack it and hit it once. Its easy with a handgun :)

othinnthewise
Jun 1, 2010, 09:39 PM
I am Othinn, I have been playing PSO for a bit, I just got PSZ and was wondering what its like,
When Ep. 3 Came out, I thought it was a bad move for Sega to make a card game like everyone else was, BUT It was fun as HELL>>>> I was just wondering what other game PSZ is like, PSO 1&2 or PSU?

Chukie sue
Jun 2, 2010, 03:04 PM
PSO 1&2 - it gsve me the same feel as that game did.