PDA

View Full Version : Jellen vs shifta

rufusangus
May 27, 2010, 12:58 PM
Which is more effective to use for maximizing damage? Slots are in short supply, so i can't really find the space for both. I tend to prefer Shifta either way, since i have to cast it far less often, and i am a bit absent minded about keeping up with buffs, while you sometimes have to cast jellen several times per room.

Chukie sue
May 27, 2010, 01:02 PM
By Jellen you do mean Zalure right?

pso_crash
May 27, 2010, 01:17 PM
shifta is a bit easier to apply, since you don't have to target yourself.

rufusangus
May 27, 2010, 02:30 PM
Yea i meant zalure, i confuse the two since i don't use either very often.

Nick O'Demus
May 27, 2010, 02:34 PM
When using my FOnewearl offline, I usually use Shifta and Deband for regular encounters, and Jellen and Zalure for bosses and arenas. Playing online there's usually at least one other person who can use buffs or debuffs, so we try to coordinate so I'm using what they're not.

Chukie sue
May 27, 2010, 02:40 PM
I cant seem to find that data on s/d j/z but I guess....

Shifta > Zalure when you factor in the time you spend recasting Zalure.

Clavat99
May 27, 2010, 05:34 PM
Juts use both. Thats what i do with my FOnewm.

The_Pup
May 27, 2010, 06:10 PM
Shifta: Lasts 1.5 (1-2) rooms. Adds about 25 base damage.

Zalure: Lasts 1 room. Not needed with 70 ATA mag doing MS spam (about 5-10 damage per hit lost) or going with spellslinger setup.

Defensively: Jellen > Deband as the effect is twofold (reduce damage and accuracy) and there's not much defense for a FOney. Though I use it against big enemies (lol, poor arkzein missiles can barely hit me and not for KOs) or ones I know will hit me to soften the blow.

My FOney setup always has at least Shifta, Jellen and Resta.

Macman
May 27, 2010, 08:05 PM
I use Shifta and Jellen, both are the best in offense and defense respectively. Zalure only really matters if you're having a hard time hitting high EVP enemies, and Deband doesn't really do much to reduce damage as Jellen does.

Also high level Jellen is so easy to cast since it's bound to hit nearly the entire room.