PDA

View Full Version : Simple Wifi Question

keizeh
May 29, 2010, 11:41 AM
Can you use the DSi advance wifi setting to play online with PSZ? My security setting are too high/new for the DS lite, so DSi is my only hope for playing this game online again D:

Parasite159
May 29, 2010, 12:08 PM
alas no, you can only used setup 1, 2 and 3.
i had a similar problem

Cruciarius
May 29, 2010, 12:56 PM
If you're connecting through a wireless router, which I'll assume you are, it might be possible to set up another network with lower security settings. That network could be for just the DSi.

I know the wireless router I have allows for multiple network settings.

keizeh
May 29, 2010, 12:57 PM
Dang. No PSZ online then D:
Thanks.

Chaos Rappy
May 29, 2010, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I know the feeling... my current wireless router won't let me go online with the DS games, yet I can still use the DSi Browser to go online with it. It sucks... >_<

saphira
May 29, 2010, 01:55 PM
You can use a USB nintendo connector.

Cruciarius
May 29, 2010, 02:33 PM
You can use a USB nintendo connector.

Yes, but the Nintendo brand one was discontinued long ago. I'm sure their are 3rd party similar devices that could work.

Or... just lower the network security settings. Unless you live in a high population area, with lots of close neighbors, it's not likely anyone would break into your network. They would need to be within range of the router, so placing it near the center of your home would be ideal.

The_Pup
May 29, 2010, 06:02 PM
You're using a wireless card, right? This might be experimental but...

You could check the box "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" under the Advanced tab of the "Wireless Network Connection Properties". Figure out the rest from there...

Chukie sue
May 29, 2010, 08:15 PM
Wait wait, are you trying to connect to WPA wefee?

Parasite159
May 29, 2010, 08:41 PM
You're using a wireless card, right? This might be experimental but...

You could check the box "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" under the Advanced tab of the "Wireless Network Connection Properties". Figure out the rest from there...

i believe ICS(internet connection sharing) will only work if the host machine running ICS is connected via a wired connection, dial up or a mobile broadband device(dongle). if the wireless adapter in the pc/laptop is already in use connecting to your router than it will be unable to make a new connection to the DS.