PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable map?

kaworu52
May 30, 2010, 10:19 AM
So I heard a rumor about Sega holding a poll in Japan for an additional map based off of the original PSO to be added into PSZ, but I haven't heard anything since.

Does anyone have any idea if/when this will happen?

-Kaworu

pinkace
May 30, 2010, 10:39 AM
how would that work? save it onto SD card?

Addy
May 30, 2010, 12:46 PM
DSis have downloading capabilities.

Chaos Rappy
May 30, 2010, 01:06 PM
Yes, but they can't have that happening for just DSi users. I would imagine if they did something like that, it would probably be over the Wii's downloading rather than the DSi's, since no DS game "DSi-only", nulling the chances of only DSi's being able to do it.

...Although if you ask me, I think the whole thing is a sham. I don't think there actually is any way they could distribute the maps that way, or even at all. You would have to download it directly to the cart rather than just the DS, and that doesn't exactly seem like how it could be, since there is no in-game option to "check for updates" and whatnot, leading me to believe there could not possibly be more additional content to add to this game.

Cruciarius
May 30, 2010, 01:44 PM
Wasn't that for a PS0 mini-like game, which you'd purchase in the WiFi store, on the DSi?

Galax
May 30, 2010, 02:27 PM
Last I checked, there is no way sega can add content to psz without a release of a new version...
Unless that PS0-Mini thing I've seen on gamefaqs does something like what Cruciarius says.

Chukie sue
May 30, 2010, 04:18 PM
Not to mention, its a little late to release DLC imo...

FOmarRashidi
May 31, 2010, 03:26 AM
This isn't the first time I've heard about this rumor. I would not count on this happening.

Dragwind
May 31, 2010, 06:03 AM
It's just a rumor that is most likely false as there isn't an ounce of proof. Aside from the DSi demo, there won't be any additional content for this game.

Cruciarius
May 31, 2010, 10:02 AM
Right, no additional content for this game.

Their is however a PS0 Mini, which is DSiWare, which was released in Japan back in 2009 (according to the wiki).

A smaller version of the game, Phantasy Star 0 Mini, was released for the Nintendo DSiWare service on March 25, 2009. Sega has also mentioned the possibility of a new Nintendo DSi-exclusive downloadable stage for the game, possibly one from the original Phantasy Star Online. A poll for players to pick their favorite classic stage will be held on Sega of Japan's website at a later date. News has yet to be announced for a release on the USA version of this download but it has been in development for some time.

So unless they release the PS0 Mini to the rest of the world and really do hold a poll for offering a downloadable stage, we won't be seeing it.

Edit:
PS0 Mini does exist, since it has an official site, with screenshots. I doubt Sega would fake a site about a game.

Dragwind
May 31, 2010, 11:18 AM
Yes, the mini (I like to refer to it as a demo) does exist and isn't fake. The chance of this level being made/released outside of JP is highly unlikely...unless they decide to charge a decent fee.

Even then, I wouldn't hold your breath. Sega's track record for claiming they'll do something involving content outside of their local JP versions isn't reliable at all.