PDA

View Full Version : Item Hmm...what should I be hunting?

mMarikom
May 31, 2010, 09:12 PM
With a ATP-Melee/MST FOney, an (eventually) semi-weaponless HUnewearl (pure power), and a run-of-the-mill (yet equally epic) RAcast in tow and a gigantic list of possible rares to obtain (or not obtain with my luck) what are things in particular I should be hunting besides 2 Rika's Suits and a Keplar Suit? I know I'll need a Gigas or two but I don't really know anything about the best non-FOrce weapons (especially Ranger Weapons). I know I'll need an AO and a Gigas for the melee FOney but can someone give me an idea of the all around best weapons to hunt for those 3? Any help is appreciated. Please and thanks!

Cruciarius
May 31, 2010, 09:36 PM
First you'd need to find a weapon type you enjoy the most for rangers and hunters. Then either ask here or look on the Item Database (http://www.pso-world.com/psz-items.php) for 7 star rares of that type of weapon and where they drop.

You'll also likely want units, like divine units and element protects.

Chukie sue
May 31, 2010, 09:38 PM
Well one things for sure, if you're looking specifically for it you wont find it D:

Climbing to the top of ET seems to be more effecient for -me- when looking for 4S equips. And since you want a Gigas too, that might be a good idea.

When efficiency/convenience/power are factored in, Hadan Fang's are the best HU weapon imo. Easy to find - easy to roll. In fact, I was going to make a topic about me rolling abunch of my Hadan's... I have 10 iirc, so you can probably have one if you want :) Though BiteStamp spam can get old, so I like a good Morgenlote (dropped by mommys and "rare tit monkey"). And for the record, a LV 3 celeb Morgenlote with the same stats as a Clair Doubles is better in terms of damage. I also like Tornado dance the best, anyway... Just thought I'd clear that up for anyone who didn't know.

RA weapons? I've always liked Earth Bullet -alot- :)

Though ultimately what it comes down to is which weapons are the most fun for you to play with.

PS: Wanna do some runs tonight?

Broken_L_button
Jun 1, 2010, 12:35 PM
Well, for your melee FOney:
- lv.4 Foie Haze (MUCH easier hunt that a gigas, and I prefer the dagger combo for it's speed)
- lv.3 Gigas (for the lulz)
- lv.5 AO
- White disaster (an easy hunt, and it's a really nice weapon to use if you need to fall back to tech spam)
- MAYBE Divine/hit if you can't HHH enemies with lv.15 Zalure
- Element boost
- Light/Protect (confusion is really the only BAD ailment in this gamefor a melee FOney since you probably won't have Resta on your palette; poison and burn's damage are taken care of with resta, stun last for a laughable amount of time, freeze is pathetic, slow is far from being a threat)
- for your armor, anything with 4 slots is nice; heck, even 2 slots do the job, since most Divine units are useuless unless you stack 4 of them.

For the weapon-less HUney:
-Yes...Rika's Suit 4-slot, sadly, the best way to get one is SH ET's 101st floor
-4 Divine/Powers (get ready for a horribly long and sucky hunt...)
-Whatever generic wep you like with lol-broken Celeb on it

For the RAcast:
-Keplar suit (4s); SH ET again, good luck
-Riverman Missouri with good specs (w/ %s and grinded to 45, it can keep up with the celeb mechs; the range is epic as well)
-Lv5 Lavateinn with %s and Mine sneak (when used properly, it clears rooms better than the handgun PA's)
-Lv5 Tachyon Gun (Uber-easy to get, and is a good substitute to the Lavateinn until you find it)
-Lv.3 Crimson Vis/Blackhawk (until you get the legendary Riverman w/ lv.3 Celeb; Blackhawk is way easier to find and nearly as good as Crimson Vis)
-Lv.3 Frigiand w/ EB ( no need to explain that one)

Well one things for sure, if you're looking specifically for it you wont find it D:

^THAT. This game gives you anything BUT what you want.

mMarikom
Jun 3, 2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks for all of the amazing advice and sorry chuckie but I actually started another tower run. I'll do as much as I can in the next few hours but I should be free from 6 PM EST onwards to do runs (maybe a few snowfield ones for an AO)

mMarikom
Jun 3, 2010, 11:12 AM
I also just found another Foie Haze last night actually >_> that's my 5th one in 2 weeks...they're like the only rare I can find. I'll gladly trade one to anyone who's looking (this one was element and percentless, but I have a fortified celeb level 3 one i'll trade away with % in native and dark, along with 2 other level 3 ones with air ride and huge cross, and i need a new element boost).

But yeah Paru and Snowfield runs are pretty much where I'll be at (along with Shrine runs for the exp). But I should really be levelling my other characters (unless someone doesn't help minding me plevel them to 60 so I can at least SH online alone with them...which would be awesome)