PDA

View Full Version : Is Frozen shooter really worth the trouble?

eXo
Mar 5, 2003, 04:07 AM
Hiya everyone I was just wondering,if anyone could give me an honest answer to this question because so far I have run into 5 Hildertorr's and so far no luck with the frozen shooter.and how many times did you have to try for it before you actually recieve one ?

Guntz348
Mar 5, 2003, 04:29 AM
Yes, I'd say it is. Esspecially if you upgrade it to the snow queen. Then the freeze is 100% effective exept on bosses of course, but it will freeze sub-bosses (Gibbles, Mericole, and Gi Gui) 100%.

Zack_Morris
Mar 5, 2003, 05:01 AM
Very worth it, they're a great weapon.

VulpesMundi
Mar 5, 2003, 05:05 AM
The Frozen Shooter is VERY worth it. It's easily the most useful ranger weapon (tied with the Snow Queen) for being a rifle with the ability to freeze all enemies except bosses. The Snow Queen pierces (like a Photon Launcher), but doesn't have a combo. Both of their special attacks have a 100% freeze rate if the shot hits.

My first Frozen Shooter took two Hildetorrs. I got a second FS after just one more Hildetorr. Both were from Purplenum.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 5, 2003, 08:38 AM
This is the only weapon that I'd actually recommend you tp for. It's arguably the best weapon in the game, and the cheapness factor is through the roof. I got it with my 2nd Hildetorr.

With it, my RAmarl was able to unlock everything in ultimate mode while in the level 90's, and she can also do CCA solo (online).

Blue-Hawk
Mar 5, 2003, 08:53 AM
its definatly worth it. especially in the ultimate seabed. use it against deldepths. >_<
out of 3 hildetorrs, i got 2 of them.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 5, 2003, 11:00 AM
The best part of these guns is the fact that the special does the same damage as your hard attack. So you can freeze something and keep pounding the poor sap with your specials.

Use the freeze against those annoying dark gunners. Their invulnerability is worth jack against a ranger with a FS/SQ. You can also freeze Sinows while they're still on the ceiling (just as they begin to drop, that is).

You might already know this, but the FS/SQ will randomly freeze you. It happens infrequently and a very quick wiggle with the joystick will get you out in under a second. I barely even notice it, and it has never gotten my Ramarl killed.

Tulathis
Mar 5, 2003, 12:17 PM
I would also agree that the Frozen Shooter is worth getting, even if it takes you a few Hildetorrs. I was fortunate enough to get it on my first Hildetorr, but I realize that was pretty lucky.

Yes, I'd say it is. Esspecially if you upgrade it to the snow queen. Then the freeze is 100% effective exept on bosses of course, but it will freeze sub-bosses (Gibbles, Mericole, and Gi Gui) 100%.
Hmm... I'm not sure I'd upgrade my first Frozen Shooter to the Snow Queen since you can't use the weapon in a combo. I'd definitely consider it for the second one, or whichever one had the worse stats. With a high enough ATA the Frozen Shooter freeze percentage is over 90%, which is good enough for me.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 5, 2003, 12:33 PM
The Snow Queen will shoot through enemies like a photon launcher, except it has the cooldown time of a rifle. But that's not its best feature...the SQ special will freeze an entire group in one shot. I've seen one, used one, and I have a 2nd Frozen Shooter all ready to be boosted. Just have to go out and spend those 50 pdrops...

Frozen Shooter: Good against 1 - 3 enemies, especially dangerous ones like Dark Bringer, Delsaber, any of the Ultimate Sinows.

Snow Queen: Good against hordes of fodder monsters - Vulmers, Bartles, Arlans, etc.

FluxGryphon
Mar 5, 2003, 05:30 PM
Definitely worth the trouble. Being able to freeze critters all the time (provided you can hit them) is great for survival - particularly against Indi Belra's, and Grants/Megid-casting Gran Sorcerers, not to mention ballistic 'Death' Bringers. My RAmar working together with a Psycho Wand-weilding Force smash everything in the Ruins. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And if you have a Cure/Frozen, wearing the Frozen Shooter all the time is not a problem. But if you don't it isn't that big of a deal, provided you switch weapons occasionally, like when running around through rooms to the next batch of beasts.

G0D
Mar 5, 2003, 07:46 PM
I Would With Out a doubt recommend this to any Ranger, it can be turned into Snow Queen i beleive and even without the upgrade you still are as close to coming to cheating as possible with its Freeze Ability

Cloud_01
Mar 5, 2003, 11:33 PM
Ah, the Frozen Shooter. I don't have an ID that can find it unfortunatley. I'm just going to go into my brother's Purplenum Character file tonight and pipe for one.

Yeah, I know that's a dirty thing to do but it's better getting it for free then to wait till he actually pipes for one and finds one to then trade him. He doesn't play with his Purplenum RAmar that much anyways. He won't even notice.

I'll just tell him I found it somewhere in the Forest with my Viridia RAmarl and he'll believe me...

eXo
Mar 6, 2003, 12:50 AM
HMMMMMMMM man crap you guys are so lucky http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif so far I have piped for six Hildetorrs with my level 80 purplenum and so far no luck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif its getting pretty frustrating not being able to get my shooter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif what is the longest Hildertorr killing streak without getting the shooter?

Kyosozai
Mar 6, 2003, 07:07 AM
On my Purplenum, my RAcaseal got one off the first and only Hildetorr I've fought so far^_^

too bad im looking for a Lavis to use a syncesta on though...saved me the time of telepiping though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyosozai on 2003-03-06 04:26 ]</font>

NGEvangelion4
Mar 6, 2003, 07:30 AM
So whats better FS or SQ. I don't want to use 50pdrops and find out that FS is better.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 6, 2003, 08:11 AM
Depends. How do you plan to use the freeze special? If you just want to shoot something, then blast it over and over with the special so that it doesn't unfreeze, probably the frozen shooter. But it only hits 1 target at a time. Still good for a group of enemies because they're often forced to go around the frozen monster, giving you time to re-target and freeze them as they're spinning around. Sometimes you can even freeze two with one shot, although that's uncommon.

If you want to go pure support and freeze whole groups of things in one shot, then SQ. It shoots thru groups of things, doing damage to them all like a photon launcher. Like I said, against big groups, the SQ is much better. Against 1 - 3 enemies, especially the uber dangerous ones, FS is better*.

*But sometimes you'll freeze the one enemy and his buddy will still blast you from behind the frozen monster (ie. hidelts and their lightning breath), which is one of the times when I wish I had upgraded my 2nd FS.

Khaotika
Mar 6, 2003, 02:59 PM
Am I fookin' crazy, or am I the only person around that thinks SNOW QUEEN sucks?

100% freeze rate, my ass.

Frozen Shooter is much better, imo.

-Khao

Cl0ud
Mar 6, 2003, 03:03 PM
Snow-Queen does suck. I would much rather have my frozen shooter, which has a 3 hit combo. I mean, its cool the snow quenn goes thru things, but it only goes thru em str8. I would much rather have a frozen shooter.

cbearfei
Mar 8, 2003, 01:39 AM
The neat thing is, if you get Cure/Frozen, I think the freezing problem disappears which pretty much makes you one insanely powerful ranger. Its the only reason that my old Ramarl could survive and kick some but in Ruins Ult while only level 115. I miss her... Dang memory card! * kicks it across the room for screwing up *

Stick with the frozen shooter. It doesn't raelly matter if you have the snow queen because the frozen shooter has a chance of freezing nearby enemies too. Also, the frozen creature you just hit also acts as a sheild since they can't walk through them.

Cloud_01
Mar 9, 2003, 12:01 AM
W00T, I finally found a frozen Shooter 5 minutes ago. My friend G0D was piping for one and found a Hildetor for me. I killed it and it drooped Frozen Shooter. I'm so happy!!! It has nice percents too 0/35/25/20.

It's time to kick some ass with my RAmarl. I was waiting to find one, to help me out with her on ultimate.

EDIT: Oh, and sorry about bringing this thread back from the second page. I didn't want to start a whole new thread so I posted it here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloud_01 on 2003-03-08 21:03 ]</font>

eXo
Mar 17, 2003, 05:07 PM
Hey no problem thank you for bringing it back *LOL*
anyway I am very very very "HAPPY" to report.that after slaying 14 Hildetorrs.I finally got my Frozen Shooter from Hildetorr number 15 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and so far its seems pretty worth it to me.But I will have to wait ubtil I level a little more before I can test it out in ultimate ruins.

eXo
Mar 19, 2003, 10:46 PM
hmm still no more post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif