PDA

View Full Version : Im going to make a series of contests...

Chukie sue
Jun 3, 2010, 05:31 PM
... provided they gain enough popularity.

Here's how it works:

First, we decide on the most desired PA's for mechguns, then its basically whoever trades me the best Blue Bulleta gets awesome rewards. Im not sure what everybody wants though - I was thinking 7* slot units or something, like Divines and such. Maybe the winner gets the slot unit(s) of their choice...

I wanted to have a couple contests like this every month - one with BB's, another with Diopside's, and one more with Fenrir/Jasper roar's :D

Anyone up for this?

Seth Astra
Jun 3, 2010, 05:58 PM
Sounds interesting. Knowing my luck, I will get plenty BBs anyway, so I may as well make use of one of them.

NeonaPulsar
Jun 3, 2010, 06:01 PM
Sounds good to me too

Rayvinh
Jun 3, 2010, 06:16 PM
Now watch, no one is gonna find any bb whatsoever! You know how this game just loves to withhold things that you want to find.

mMarikom
Jun 3, 2010, 06:31 PM
That would be so awesome actually. All I see are six star rares. This game hates me so much that it gave me all meseta in a frounaked room in ET about 10 minutes ago...

Cruciarius
Jun 3, 2010, 06:44 PM
I'm all for contests, as long as people who have stated they own an AR, R4, play via a ROM or other cheating devices or illegal game copies, can't participate in the contest.

Contests make the community a bit more interesting, but those who use cheat devices could just hack themselves a winning % item + PA and take all the fun away.

Chukie sue
Jun 3, 2010, 08:09 PM
Sounds interesting. Knowing my luck, I will get plenty BBs anyway, so I may as well make use of one of them.

This was my thinking behind it :P

Sounds good to me too

Thanks ^^

Now watch, no one is gonna find any bb whatsoever! You know how this game just loves to withhold things that you want to find.

You've jinxed us all ._.

That would be so awesome actually. All I see are six star rares. This game hates me so much that it gave me all meseta in a frounaked room in ET about 10 minutes ago...

Ditto x 10239190

I'm all for contests, as long as people who have stated they own an AR, R4, play via a ROM or other cheating devices or illegal game copies, can't participate in the contest.

Contests make the community a bit more interesting, but those who use cheat devices could just hack themselves a winning % item + PA and take all the fun away.

I hope this betters our PSZ community too.

NOW, what would be the highest "ranked" PA? And to make things interesting, should we limit it to one BB per person entry? The tought would be something like "do you think your BB is good enough? Or should you search longer?"
Should the BB stats be pm'd? Or should they be posted here for the public to see.

I'm also thinking if I choose a winner, and 60% or more of the people who participated say bull****, I pick another BB. This would prevent me from picking a "favorite persons" BB.

Any thoughts?

SolarSamurai
Jun 3, 2010, 08:27 PM
Woo~! Sounds entertaining =D

Chukie sue
Jun 3, 2010, 09:27 PM
In the end, I end up withh all the good BB's >:D

Evil plawts = >:D

Seth Astra
Jun 3, 2010, 09:36 PM
Honestly, I don't see the point in banning people who own a cheeting device. Sure, they can guarantee the win, but what's the point? They could just hack the prize themselves. Just my 2 cents. Not to mention, some people (at least as far as they've said, and honestly, their words should be taken with a grain of salt) might be excluded, even if they don't hack items. Just another 2 cents.

blazecon0
Jun 3, 2010, 09:56 PM

:cry:
I don't agree with you, but i will respect your wishes as it would save the rest of us a lot of trouble.

blazecon0
Jun 3, 2010, 09:57 PM
might be worth mentioning, however, i have no clue how to hack items :P
or what a "Blue Bulleta" is for that matter

The_Pup
Jun 3, 2010, 10:00 PM
lol... I think this contest would already be won... Somebody's pretty much certain to have collected a godly BB already.

Blue Bulletta is a mech gun.

SolarSamurai
Jun 3, 2010, 10:01 PM
Good point =P

Seth Astra
Jun 3, 2010, 10:05 PM
Not to mention, BB is probably the most common item in Arca.

Cruciarius
Jun 3, 2010, 10:07 PM
Even if someone with a cheat device could just hack themselves the prize, they could also just hack the winning item just so they get the prize and nobody else would.

mMarikom
Jun 3, 2010, 10:11 PM
Meh...not all hackers and cheaters are pure evil. Some are just bored people. It's only the ones who blatantly deny it and then get online with their 125% hit weapons causing your game to forcibly implode deleting your months of hard work (years if you're a JP player) that deserve to be punished...and when I say punished, I mean bodily...

Broken_L_button
Jun 3, 2010, 10:39 PM
...Oh ho ho ho. I see what you're doing there Chuckie. I guess I should do something like that as well; give away my Fuuma or White Disaster to the entrant with the best Ainsraiffe on the board...hehehe. Well, good thing I kept some BBs. Hopefully I won't miss the contest ;D

Seth Astra
Jun 3, 2010, 10:43 PM
@mMarikom: I'd agree there. Persecuting someone because they do hack doesn't make sense, unlesss, as you said, they are ruining the game with it.

Chukie sue
Jun 4, 2010, 10:13 AM
...Oh ho ho ho. I see what you're doing there Chuckie. I guess I should do something like that as well; give away my Fuuma or White Disaster to the entrant with the best Ainsraiffe on the board...hehehe. Well, good thing I kept some BBs. Hopefully I won't miss the contest ;D

But why would I trade my Ains? //implying I have a super awesome Ains.

In the end, I will have obtained the best 6* rares >:D

Another reason 60% of the people could overthrow my decision is in case they call hax on the item... It's unlikely any flashcart users will hack an item though. Even the most up to date usrcheat has no item hacking codes - those must be added manually.

Can we decide on the most desired PA? ;o;
And also, fortifying and grinding won help your chance of winning... and foritfying might possible damage it :O

Chukie sue
Jun 4, 2010, 06:45 PM
bump...

CMON PEOPLE, what are your most desired PA's out of a mech gun?

Chaos Rappy
Jun 4, 2010, 06:49 PM
bump...

CMON PEOPLE, what are your most desired PA's out of a mech gun?

For me, it's Cool Style. Spinning Death and Acro-Step just don't have the shooting rate and speed (respectively) that Cool Style has to be able to utilize the damage it can deal effectively.

The_Pup
Jun 4, 2010, 07:58 PM
Cool Style has boss potential. After that I would say Acro Step due to the damage it can do to single targets. And then Spinning Death. Because it's pretty meh.

DoctorShanks
Jun 4, 2010, 08:14 PM
Spinning Death is god awful. Acro step's range isn't that great, (I don't have much experience with Mech guns...) so I guess Cool Style would be the most favorable PA if you know how to use it.

Broken_L_button
Jun 10, 2010, 05:40 PM
Here are my opinions on the mechgun PAs:

-Cool Style: semi-trash. Only useful on bosses it seems, and, even then, I don't use mechs on bosses. And also...Its animation is too quick to make use of mobile PA's enemy luring properties. Oh, it's also useful as trade bait for those who want mechs.

-Acro step: trash. The fact that you do a backflip has a risk of making you get stuck on a wall, and thus nullifying the PA's enemy luring ability. Also has no value as trade bait.

-Spinning Death: Very useful (to me). The accuracy helps, obviously, while the animation is slow enough to make all the enemies around crowd behind you (where the PA was initiated). If timed correctly, you can hit 1-2 targets with the hail of bullets (which have a longer range than normal mechgun bullets) fired forward, which helps with inflicting ailments, and then hitting the enemies crowding behind you a few times while spinning. Though, I wish it had trade bait value on a mech :/

Chukie sue
Jun 10, 2010, 06:05 PM
Well I'll keep everyone's opinions in mind. So, for the first rewward, does everyone think one divine unit of your choice would suffice?

SolarSamurai
Jun 10, 2010, 06:10 PM
I like that idea ^^