PDA

View Full Version : Slicers are OP in 4e

The_Pup
Jun 3, 2010, 10:27 PM
So I just ran through valley with a makeshift slicer build (really just a MS build: 80 mind mats, 70/30 mind/ata mag, palette: [resta, dodge, N.attack]-[shifta, zalure, jellen], T.Save L3) and a Celeb 3 Tri Magenta (50/0/0/0/0)...

I had a little trouble (due to weird timing of combos and some missing, but not too bad... Should make a mag with a little more) with the general set of grunts... Helions went down surprisingly faster than with a MS build. And I could attack from relative safety sometimes (from chasms). Was doing about 170-200-300 on most enemies.

And I get to Reyburn... Cutscene stops. Shifta, Jellen, Zalure (zalure was out of habit, but not necessary). Normal Attack spam for 270-300+ hits and 3 of them every time I press A. Pain animation (continue NA spam). Charges me into a corner and does about 1/3 hp damage. Does some spinning. Continue NA spam. Run to head since I'm not interested in attacking his butt for 112 damage. He's dead.

18 seconds. Seriously?

Broken_L_button
Jun 3, 2010, 10:34 PM
Yup. Slicers were made to be boss killers in that game. Just make sure you're at the right distance for the slicer to come back fast enough for a steady barrage of attacks.

Google
Jun 4, 2010, 01:11 AM
I always use slicers against bosses but when I've gone through levels using one I didn't think I was doing enough damage. I usually spam techs but if I use a weapon I'd prefer spammng Magical Sign with a wand than using a slicer.

FOmarRashidi
Jun 4, 2010, 01:20 AM
I find the slicer much better for bosses than against the usual mobs.

Chukie sue
Jun 4, 2010, 10:15 AM
IDK about broken, maybe bosses just suck ._.