PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new character: Humar

Wintermute0
Jun 6, 2010, 02:43 PM
I'm starting a new character in the next few days, a humar. I was wondering what are some potentially useful builds? I've heard things like maxing out MAG's ata and feeding him mostly powermats, is that a good strategy? Are there any other more creative builds for a humar I could work on?

Broken_L_button
Jun 6, 2010, 04:00 PM
Best HUmar build: As much power as possible; you should eat 100 POW mats and let Acc Adj. on your weps handle the accuracy or, in the worst case scenario, put some Hit on your MAG. Heck, since you'll mostly be using a CelebHadan bite, might as well roll one w/ %s like these; 0/0/40+/40+/40+

Creative HUmar builds that might yield some laughs and decent efficiency in SH: Erm...I don't know of any since I'm not too fond of using HUmar in PSZ

Chukie sue
Jun 6, 2010, 06:48 PM
^That - You want your ATA to be somewhere around 520-540.

ARChan
Jun 6, 2010, 08:45 PM
Basically, a HUMar is a cast/caseal that's able to use techs. I say to not really emphasize MST unless you're also willing to add in a support aspect with your HUmar with sacrifice of offense solo ability. Most people like to go with the offense solo aspect with a maxed ATP only to realize that MST with a non-cast/caseal contributes to defense solo ability. Then again, there's also the attitude of "What's the use of defense when you already have an incredible offense?" Haha!

SolarSamurai
Jun 6, 2010, 09:12 PM
Hm... that's quite the description on character build isnt it?
I honestly would just make one and wing it ^^

blazecon0
Jun 6, 2010, 09:27 PM
yea, its not like you cant make adjustments later on :p experament a bit ;)

Chukie sue
Jun 7, 2010, 10:26 AM
Basically, a HUMar is a cast/caseal that's able to use techs. I say to not really emphasize MST unless you're also willing to add in a support aspect with your HUmar with sacrifice of offense solo ability. Most people like to go with the offense solo aspect with a maxed ATP only to realize that MST with a non-cast/caseal contributes to defense solo ability. Then again, there's also the attitude of "What's the use of defense when you already have an incredible offense?" Haha!

Exactly - A good offense is a good defense.

mMarikom
Jun 7, 2010, 11:36 AM
Well technically a HUmar is the strongest solo HUnter due to having the highest base ATP as well as shifta.

blazecon0
Jun 7, 2010, 12:43 PM
ehh i gotta disagree with you there
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2596
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2591
maybe with shifta tho, but also remember that cast replace tecs with traps.
my fav setup for a humar was full hp mats and a pure ATP mag, but like i said, you just need to experiment to find what you like.

Cruciarius
Jun 7, 2010, 01:45 PM
Yes, casts have traps and can always see traps. That however doesn't give them more ATP than a HUmar with shifta.

Without shifta, HUcast has the highest ATP.

Personally, I'd make a HUnewearl, HUnewm, HUcast or HUcaseal. Those 4 are the best hunters, in my opinion.

Humans have a flaw. Nothing special, aside from able to use a few more materials. HUmars are also the worst looking character in PSZ, in my opinion.

Mr. PotatoHead
Jun 7, 2010, 01:50 PM
Yes, casts have traps and can always see traps. That however doesn't give them more ATP than a HUmar with shifta.

Personally, I'd make a HUnewearl, HUnewm, HUcast or HUcaseal. Those 4 are the best hunters, in my opinion.

Humans have a flaw. Nothing special, aside from able to use a few more materials. HUmars are also the worst looking character in PSZ, in my opinion.

Yeah I'd have to agree on the worst looking character in the game , the HUmar looks like a kid not a fierce-some hunter

Chukie sue
Jun 7, 2010, 03:37 PM

Meh, pretty much for the sake of discussion I'll disgagree. IMO, 20 more mats > PP/HP recov any day. This has never once saved me from using a resta/made/fluid. And even if it did, it takes less than a second in your palette, and 2 seconds via item pack (with L + start shortcut)

HUmar > HUnewn in ATP, and they tie with ATA if you count the + 20 materials. OK, they dont literally tie, HUmar's ATA is 3 lower.

HUmarl > HUnewearl in atp and loses in ATA by 2 counting the mats. Sure, you can make a power/evp build, but ATP/ATA > ATP/ATA/EVP builds anyway.

HUcasts and HUcaseals are undoubtedly the best provided they're shifta'd. Traps are nice... for low levels in their corresponding difficulty levels. But I'm talking about the long run here.

Personally I would have liked to see HUnewm/HUnewearl's tech levels go up to 12/13, but ya, they didnt :/

Cruciarius
Jun 7, 2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah, would be nice if HUnewm and HUnewearl got higher than lvl 10 techs (specifically, shifta and deband).

Even with the humans bonus materials putting them close to the other races, it still doesn't make up for the fact that they're not nearly as cool looking. lol

I'm glad to give up the extra 20 materials for a character that looks good.

Chukie sue
Jun 7, 2010, 04:14 PM
lolk I understand :p

Yeah, I was thinking S/D too ;o But I find HUmarls quite attractive... as far as DS graphics go ^^;

Wintermute0
Jun 7, 2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah, would be nice if HUnewm and HUnewearl got higher than lvl 10 techs (specifically, shifta and deband).

Even with the humans bonus materials putting them close to the other races, it still doesn't make up for the fact that they're not nearly as cool looking. lol

I'm glad to give up the extra 20 materials for a character that looks good.

I think they're decent looking, if you tweak the hair and clothing color some. Hunewn is my favorite looking class, but I've already played one and now I want to play something else.

Chukie sue
Jun 7, 2010, 09:51 PM
I think they're decent looking, if you tweak the hair and clothing color some. Hunewn is my favorite looking class, but I've already played one and now I want to play something else.

HUnewms have your stereotypical emo hair >_>

Wintermute0
Jun 7, 2010, 09:53 PM
HUnewms have your stereotypical emo hair >_>

I think you mean stereotypical male-anime character hair. ;-)

Chukie sue
Jun 7, 2010, 09:55 PM
Is there a difference? :p

If they dont have Lan's bandana they can gtfo :D

Wintermute0
Jun 7, 2010, 10:18 PM
So, back on topic.

I'm thinking about this: 50hit/50guard mag & only feeding powermats.

Thoughts?

ARChan
Jun 8, 2010, 01:45 AM
I prefer not promoting guard. Although most of the mags that involve guard look nice, guard doesn't help elemental attacks (at least from my understanding). Considering that a majority of deaths are caused by elementals and large enemies, you're better off having armor take care of DEF. If anything, I'd promote hit. Yeah, ATA is an issue when you start out in SH difficulty.

Wintermute0
Jun 8, 2010, 07:57 AM
I prefer not promoting guard. Although most of the mags that involve guard look nice, guard doesn't help elemental attacks (at least from my understanding). Considering that a majority of deaths are caused by elementals and large enemies, you're better off having armor take care of DEF. If anything, I'd promote hit. Yeah, ATA is an issue when you start out in SH difficulty.

So, I should focus on a purely HIT Mag?

blazecon0
Jun 8, 2010, 01:01 PM

my mag cast shifta :p
HUmar=owned :)

mMarikom
Jun 8, 2010, 01:33 PM
Mags aren't as reliable unfortunately...while Midgul can be extremely useful when chained four ways, being able to cast it on your own and then being able to use Flozir and spam Over End with forced critical might be better in the long run...I don't really feel like doing the math though >_<

Chukie sue
Jun 8, 2010, 05:18 PM
So, I should focus on a purely HIT Mag?

You probably wont need a 100 hit mag. Find a weapon that you'll use most of the time, then add it's ATA to your hunters max base ATA and model your mag after that... Somelike liek that :p

blazecon0
Jun 8, 2010, 11:37 PM
i personaly love my mag and would have a horable time without it. it sometimes boosts my attacks into 4 digits ^^

Cruciarius
Jun 8, 2010, 11:40 PM
4 digit attack damage..? I'm assuming you're using heavy attacks with celeb or something, right?

I've only seen 4 digit damages when using a PB. Not big on elements or PAs myself. The few I've tried aren't that impressive to me.