PDA

View Full Version : are twin sword weapons that bad?

VolcomX
Mar 5, 2003, 12:43 PM
ive never used one but alot of people say they attack very slow and they kinda suck. I think they look awesome and ive always wanted one but now im not sure

TedEdFred
Mar 5, 2003, 12:47 PM
Yes, they are.

Stricker
Mar 5, 2003, 12:54 PM
They really are slow. But I have never use one so I'm not sure if they do a lot of damage or not. I say daggers are much better.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 5, 2003, 01:01 PM
Twin Swords are a bit too slow for my liking. I much prefer doublesaber weapons.

Advinus
Mar 5, 2003, 01:03 PM
they are not bad they are slow but if you get used to them you can do some really good damage with them but like i said it takes some getting used to

TeamPhalanx
Mar 5, 2003, 01:04 PM
Depends on the area/enemy. For most cases, they're not really the ideal weapon.

They're just too slow for most of episode I. The same goes for Episode II, cept maybe the CCA.

Davion
Mar 5, 2003, 01:17 PM
If you get used to the timing, you can use twin swords very well. I don't like them that much, and I'd rather use a twinsaber, but you can learn some good combos with twin swords.

SeekerGio
Mar 5, 2003, 02:41 PM
after losing my Demoltion Comet to BSOD (such dark days they were) I went back to using my Yamatos. Don't let people say "oh they suck"..they don't. Yes, you do need to get used to them, but, they have solid push back/delay time when you hit the enemies meaning you can usually do the entire 3 swing combo without getting hit. with the damage they do, this usually means they can kill a single enemy. they do 5 hits to a dagger or dbl sabers 6, but usally do slightly more damage, and are pretty accurate. they work best if you're an android that can freeze trap enemies or can pop off rabarta once or twice then kill the enemy while it is frozen. they AREN'T bad, just some people can only play if they run around with duped BKB or such... use the swords, you'll becoming a better player because of it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeekerGio on 2003-03-05 11:42 ]</font>

Elusive_Llama
Mar 5, 2003, 03:24 PM
Twin swords don't really suck, in my opinion. They're just not as good as a doublesaber weapon of comparable power.

Since I'm bored and a big doublesaber fan, I'll list the major reasons why 99% of all HUs run around with doublesabers.

1. Speed. A combo can be started up relatively quickly with a normal attack. The last 2 combo swings come out pretty fast even when using hard attacks. The cooldown at the end of your combo is quick and often allows you to back away to avoid a swipe.

2. Power. They don't tend have the highest ATP of the weapon types, but the balance is just right considering the number of hits you can deal out. The notable exception is the BKB +80, currently the king of all doublesabers (even if it does look wimpy).

3. 6-hit combo. Yeah.

4. Autotarget. This is a major reason why I use doublesabers. Your character will automatically orient him/herself to face an opponent during the execution of a combo. In other words, all that twirling around makes it easier to land a hit on monsters that are off center. I don't have the patience to fight the game's targeting system or the drawbacks of using a gamepad for such precision tasks. I'm supposed to be a highly trained Hunter, not some dumbass swinging his/her weapon at midair while an Ultimate Delsaber takes a swipe at my kidneys.

5. Coolness. The combo animations are just so cool, especially on HUcaseals.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elusive_Llama on 2003-03-05 12:31 ]</font>

Asmoedean
Mar 5, 2003, 05:28 PM
I think that Twin Swords are good in the beginning of the game, like if you were to find some Musashi's or G-Asassin's Sabers in hard mode. I was still using some into around lvl. 60 with my Hunewearl (Which then got corrupted).

FluxGryphon
Mar 5, 2003, 05:38 PM
I think they're pretty good, but then again I don't have very good double saber weapons yet. Just got an Asuka last time I played with my Pinkal FOnewearl. (THANKS Barba RAY!) *ahem* Male characters are pretty slow with them, but they do deal considerable damage. And as SeekerGio pointed out, there are ways to get around their lack-luster speed. Yamato are great for freezing critters anyway, particularly those vexing little Gunners in the Ruins. And if you get a Devil/Battle or God/Battle, all the better.

EKB
Mar 5, 2003, 05:46 PM
personaly i have to say double swords are good but it take a while to get use to but it can really do some killing but i say only experts should use them. and if you got one and your a noob just fight in the forest to you get use to the timeing.

dys0r
Mar 5, 2003, 06:02 PM
Twin swords are pretty damn good. They do have slow as hell recovery time after a combo, but they pack quite a punch. If you ever get your hands on an ASUKA (and grind to max), it does dish out a ton load of pain, even in Ultimate.

- dys

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 5, 2003, 06:36 PM
i don't know what i would have done with out my yamato it was one of my "Dream weapons " to have on Ep II and it helped alot, people that say "twin swords suck" they haven't used them enough though the weapon your best with depends on you. i like the twin sword get the correct button timing down and your unstop-able but remeber this one thing
the twins can only attack one enemy as with the double sided you push one guy back and you may end up atatcking another monster.
the twin sword attack motion moves in a line so your gonna get a nice whack when taking on crowds but who cares you look awesome getting thwaped

Mystil
Mar 5, 2003, 07:00 PM
For a weapon like that you'd atleast need a God/battle

VolcomX
Mar 5, 2003, 07:05 PM
i just got a asuka and with a god power on its one of my favourite weapons

shiznitty
Mar 5, 2003, 07:08 PM
even though musashi is one of the lower powered twin swords, you can do so much friggen damage with the special. I shot the very hard dragon in the head, his head came down, and i musashied him. He died before he got up. By the way, lv 51 hunewral

scmfxt
Mar 5, 2003, 07:17 PM
Double sword is kinda suck comparing to double saber. Double sword is slower than double saber but it does pack quite a punch with fewer hits than double saber. I have used yamato and asuka but the slowness kept me away from it even with god/battle equipped. I wouldn't use it in ultimate. Yeah, i'm a double saber fan but I do like sword also. lol

G0D
Mar 5, 2003, 08:42 PM
I would Have to agree,accept they are fairly decent if u arnt using them in Ultimate such as hard or very hard of course found from the drangon on either mode which makes these types the best until you get a Double Saber

dys0r
Mar 5, 2003, 09:05 PM
Double sabers lack power, which is why I'm so accustomed to a double sword -- they pack a hell of a punch, and can easily finish monsters with a well placed combo. I'd rather not give it up for another extra attack or a faster recovery time.

- dys

PhatDiddy
Mar 7, 2003, 02:28 PM
i've got a level 42 humar, and just got grass assasins sabers (which i equipped over DBS saber). the attack combos r really cool and deal tons of damage especially with 5 hits. but i could really use a god/battle and i've got to get more use to the timing.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 7, 2003, 03:32 PM
Look at it this way...suppose we have an Asuka and a Meteor Cudgel. The Asuka is 710 ATP fully ground, and the Cudgel is 590.

710 x 5 = 3550
590 x 6 = 3540

Yes, that's even taking into account that Doublesabers start off with a 2-hit swing, and Twin Swords with a 1-hit swing. It all evens out in the end.

The difference is slight...only 10 ATP, and the Cudgel is faster (even with a 6hit combo), has less cooldown time, has that semi-autotarget, and the last swing in the combo is a full 3-hits bambambam, which is quite hard to interrupt.

If that doesn't convince you, let's look at the higher end doublesabers - Doublecannon and BKB.

Doublecannon: 650 x 6 = 3900
BKB +80: 760 x 6 = 4560

The ultimate Twin Sword is the S&Y, and its max ATP fully ground is 710 - apparently the same as the Asuka, if the database is correct.

edit: 0mgzor typ0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elusive_Llama on 2003-03-07 12:43 ]</font>

Raxxon_Ironis
Mar 7, 2003, 06:17 PM
I realize this forum is about twin swords, but I have to ask, because I have been hearing so much about it being the "king of all doublesabers" What is a BKB??

wizkid357
Mar 7, 2003, 06:29 PM
there very good but are slow

FluxGryphon
Mar 8, 2003, 12:30 AM
On 2003-03-07 15:17, Azuri_Netherwind wrote:
I realize this forum is about twin swords, but I have to ask, because I have been hearing so much about it being the "king of all doublesabers" What is a BKB??

I believe the BKB is the Black King Bar, which is the upgraded form of a Monkey King Bar. The reason for it being the 'king of all doublesabers' might be a pun as well as an acknowledgement of its power.