PDA

View Full Version : looking for some builds...

Rayvinh
Jun 9, 2010, 11:14 PM
So I am getting a new game card, not because the old one's toast, just because i want more saves. lol. So my problem is that I don't know what I want to roll in this new card. I already have a RAcaseal as my main, a HUnewm, and a FOmar. and for the new card I was thinking a RAcast so I can make use of my keplar suit, a HUcast just because everyone else has one, and maybe a HU/FOnewearl. and so I'm looking for fun+unique builds for these classes. If anyone has any comments/suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

Cruciarius
Jun 9, 2010, 11:24 PM
Ages ago someone made a thread about a force build that was all mind/MST and heavy on PP regen. Never used fluids. I plan to do that with mine. Was a FOnewearl/FOnewm character and used PP use reduction units and PP regen units, I believe.

mMarikom
Jun 10, 2010, 09:59 AM
I remember that build. I think someone used all PP mats instead of MST mats and saw how that reflected on tech spamming. It resulted in the loss of like 100 MST w/ Shifta, but considering the extra PP I'm pretty sure it was deemed irrelevant.

My FOnewearl is a melee FOrce (80 pow mats, celeb Foie Haze, shifta and zalure) and trust me, outdamaging HUmarls online can be funny sometimes...

My HUnewearl is going to be sort of an all purpose character that can melee with HUnter weapons, spam magical sign, bright sign or techs, as well as fight weaponless on SH by spamming shifta'd kick rush (again 80 power mats, 100 pow mag for HUnter weapons, 40/0/59/1 mag for weaponless to have high enough ATA with Shifta, and 100 mind mag and a few divine/minds for FOrce weapons).

At first I was considering making my RAcast a normal character but I might turn him into a FOcast, spamming Act Trick with a Starlight or Magical Sign with an Alice Olivia. Hopefully I can figure out a way to use both RAnger and FOrce weapons on him (I know Broken_L_Button managed this with a RAcaseal, he'd probably be the best person to talk to if you're looking for innovative builds, taught me pretty much everything I know about making them.)

Chukie sue
Jun 10, 2010, 03:01 PM
HP Hucast build - #1 because 1142 HP is frikin awesome.
RAmarl slicer user -#2
Whatever else you want to do - #3

Thats what I'd do.

Pirrip
Jun 10, 2010, 03:30 PM
I have one of those FOnewearl types completely maxed in MST.
Does anyone know if a HUnewearl maxed out in EVP would be worth anything? Like, is having high evasion really worth building up your player in it?

Chaos Rappy
Jun 10, 2010, 03:34 PM
An EVP HUnewearl is epic, no matter what anyone else says. It's a fun class, since you don't have to really worry about non-boss/non-magic attacks hitting you because you'll evade 99% of them with over 750 or something EVP total. :P

Pirrip
Jun 10, 2010, 03:37 PM
An EVP HUnewearl is epic, no matter what anyone else says. It's a fun class, since you don't have to really worry about non-boss/non-magic attacks hitting you because you'll evade 99% of them with over 750 or something EVP total. :P

Seriously? I was thinking about doing that kind of build. Being able to make nearly invincible runs for rares.

Chaos Rappy
Jun 10, 2010, 03:39 PM
I made that as my second MAJOR character build. It was fun. I ran around not getting hit while mass-murdering everything (even without 4 Divine/Swifts or Rika's Claw; I mained a Rika's Suit/Gigas Romulus and a Noble Cloak/Yonohate In set-ups). ;)

EDIT: Looked over the math of it all, and with a Lv100 HUnewy having 327 EVP, 80 EVP Mats, 320 from max-grind Rika's Suit, 4 Div/Swifts (+25 each), and the 25 EVP boost from having Rika's Claw or Orgaclaw with the Rika's Suit on, that totals to 852 EVP. Yeah, epic evasion rate. XP

Broken_L_button
Jun 10, 2010, 05:25 PM
a HUcast just because everyone else has one

...I don't have a HUcast. A HUcassy, yes, but no HUcast.

Anyways, I had fun with these kinds of builds for characters. Since the difference between the male and female variants of those chars are insignificant in most cases, I guess the builds I made for them might be applied to the male variants.

-DFP cast Hunter (makes most small mobs do around 0-10, mid-size ones do around 40 and large ones do around 100. If you get enemies affected by lv.5 Jell, nearly all damage -except from bosses- will be reduced to 0)
-Tech nuker HUney (equipped with a Shuriken, D/minds and a mind MAG, if the proper tech is used, you can tear trough any area with that build)
-ATP/MST hybrid Cast (just make sure you get the right MST wep -lv.5 AO w/ MS & incredible %s or a high tier lv.3 slicer w/ Bright sign & great %s- along with the MAG and units you need and you'll be easily able to switch between ATP and MST damage at will)
-melee FOney (lv.4 Foie Haze, element boost, 100 pow MAG, 80 power mats and tier 3 S/J/Z are all you need to tear the place up)

Also, about defensive stat-oriented builds:

-Use EVP or HP/DFP on the right class (Even though a DFP HUney MIGHT be possible, it is ill-advised, same with an EVP HUcast)

-HP is useful on HUcast/cassy and, even then, it's not that great compared to DFP; with 4 D/HP and 80 HP mats, you get...260 more HP. While DFP reduces the overall damage you receive (by about 56 if no D/J is applied), HP increases by a small amount (1-2 from most large mobs, 1-3 from most mid-sized ones) the number of hits required to kill your sorry hide. Without D/J, these two builds suffer the same disadvantage; the risk of combo-rape death. Higher HP/DFP = less knock down = being combo'ed. With D/J, the DFP HUcast/cassy gets nearly 0 damage from mobs, while the HP HUcast/cassy gets...even more combo-rape. Both of them could be useful and fun for the right player, but, IMO HP's only benefit is an epic-looking HP total...Until the combo-rape.

-in order of usefulness, I'd say, that on the right chars, the Defensive stats are ordered as such:

EVP ('cause you can't get hit) > DFP ('cause you get hit for nearly 0 damage most of the time -does not include bosses-) > HP ('cause you only get to take 2 more hits before dying or get combo raped if you're buffed)

/end rant

Rayvinh
Jun 11, 2010, 10:50 PM
... Remind me again on what D/J stands for please?

FOmarRashidi
Jun 11, 2010, 11:29 PM
... Remind me again on what D/J stands for please?

Deband/Jellen

Rayvinh
Jun 11, 2010, 11:52 PM
Ahh... Now I see. Thanks for the clarification!

Rayvinh
Jun 12, 2010, 12:14 AM
So what would be a good build for a DFP HUcast? Just out of curiosity...

Chukie sue
Jun 12, 2010, 08:57 AM
I dont really see HUcasts as having tha many build options really. I think a DFP shield using cast would be pretty sweet - focusing mainly on defense with barrier shift.

You may have already heard HP > DFP but DFP builds are still SWEET, especially with shields.

Rayvinh
Jun 12, 2010, 09:24 AM
OK so I decided that I want to roll and EVP HUnewearl. Should I just use swift mats on her or what?

mMarikom
Jun 12, 2010, 10:29 AM
Base EVP of 327 along with a Rika's Suit, 80 swift mats, 4 divine swifts, and if you want a Rika's Claw for an extra 25 EVP (but TBH that extra 25 is kinda superfluous at that point).

Rayvinh
Jun 12, 2010, 03:29 PM
So I think I'm going to run with an EVP HUnewearl, a full MST FOnewearl, and a RAcast of some sort. Need some help with the RAcast build though... Any suggestions?

Kuja66613666
Jun 12, 2010, 08:24 PM
Making your EVP HUnewearl build use this setup works pretty well:
Kouga Shuriken
Rika's Suit, with the following:
3x Div/Swift
1x of each Protect, replace a Div/Swift with up to 2 depending on the level you're clearing.
Compress PA, because spammed Bright Sign makes you even more un-hittable.
100-MST Mag, preferably with Flozir.
80 Swift Mats.
Also, having a PP Recovery Lv.5 can be useful, espcially if you want to Zonde-spam, but the radius of Bright Sign is better imo, and cheaper PP-wise.

Although your average hit on SH is only 65-80, depending on how good your Kouga is, the Dark added damage makes up for it. In addition, the slicer adds an additional 25 EVP, and makes your Resta heal around 500 HP per cast.

Although people have, and will probably continue to bash my build for its lack of damage-per-hit, it makes for interesting gameplay. Sure, you're not a brokenly-overpowered HUcast or FO, but you don't die. Seriously, your only worry is a boosted Arkzein, because even Humilias is rendered useless with your Slow and Ice Protects. On SH, his sword will miss...In fact, the only melee that can hit you is from boosted enemies, enhanced Phobos variants, and Falz, who hits at about a 50% rate.

Chukie sue
Jun 13, 2010, 05:29 PM
Making your EVP HUnewearl build use this setup works pretty well:
Kouga Shuriken
Rika's Suit, with the following:
3x Div/Swift
1x of each Protect, replace a Div/Swift with up to 2 depending on the level you're clearing.
Compress PA, because spammed Bright Sign makes you even more un-hittable.
100-MST Mag, preferably with Flozir.
80 Swift Mats.
Also, having a PP Recovery Lv.5 can be useful, espcially if you want to Zonde-spam, but the radius of Bright Sign is better imo, and cheaper PP-wise.

Although your average hit on SH is only 65-80, depending on how good your Kouga is, the Dark added damage makes up for it. In addition, the slicer adds an additional 25 EVP, and makes your Resta heal around 500 HP per cast.

Although people have, and will probably continue to bash my build for its lack of damage-per-hit, it makes for interesting gameplay. Sure, you're not a brokenly-overpowered HUcast or FO, but you don't die. Seriously, your only worry is a boosted Arkzein, because even Humilias is rendered useless with your Slow and Ice Protects. On SH, his sword will miss...In fact, the only melee that can hit you is from boosted enemies, enhanced Phobos variants, and Falz, who hits at about a 50% rate.

You could run this if you wanted. Though I guess that doesnt mean much considering all builds are play-able ^^; But I'd recommend shinobi suit instead of Rika's if you're gonna use a slicer....

But I dont think HUcasts/FO's are broken :p

Rayvinh
Jun 17, 2010, 12:49 PM
So I decided to get rid of my FOmar as he's really not fun at all to play, So instead I'm making a HUcast. and I was wondering what the HP HUcast build is?

mMarikom
Jun 17, 2010, 02:57 PM
I'm guessing just a HUcast with 80 HP mats, and an HP Recovery level 5 and Divine/HP's?

pkrockin
Jun 17, 2010, 11:27 PM
Draw element on a weapon might also help regenerate the HPs.