PDA

View Full Version : Waited so long. .

Mystil
Mar 5, 2003, 02:46 PM
Only for my fucking modem to not connect at all...*sigh* Each and EVERYTIME for the *past* 1 1/2 years, I've tried to get back on PSO. And everytime, *something* stopped me in my tracks. I think I'll give up now thank you. Oh I can get a phone, oh sure, but *no money* and *mom will try and keep me off it*

Don't know why its not working. LOL I had to *manually* put in everything cause it wouldn't automatically obtain an IP address oh and *modem is 3.5mb/s*

I got as far as the Ship screen mocking me saying "You could not connect to the server, please make sure your Provider settings is correct. LINE IS DISCONNECTED"

Playing this game sucks so freaking bad alone. Really, you try and play this by yourself for 27 months and see if it wont drive you nuts~!

ShieldDragon
Mar 5, 2003, 02:53 PM
No offline multiplayer for you, either?

Mystil
Mar 5, 2003, 02:58 PM
One friend, but he's since moved on with his life. So the answer is no.

CajunSamurai
Mar 6, 2003, 01:45 AM
I had to *manually* put in everything cause it wouldn't automatically obtain an IP address oh and *modem is 3.5mb/s* Wait, so... You're using a broadband adaptor, I take it? Do you have your GCN networked with your PC using a router or switch? And are you using a PPPoE connection?

It should be pretty simple to configure a BBA to connect to PSO, depending on your setup. For me, for instance, I have my PC and GCN networked with a router. I simply had to set PSO to obtain an IP via DHCP, and... well, that's really about it. You shouldn't have to input anything manually unless you use PPPoE or something...
Or maybe something is just hella screwed up. o_O

Mystil
Mar 6, 2003, 04:52 AM
I was able to get online. I just had to unplug my modem for about 5 minutes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-03-06 14:33 ]</font>