PDA

View Full Version : HUnewearl - Evade build?

Cruciarius
Jun 17, 2010, 01:20 PM
I'm thinking of doing an evade build for my HUnewearl. Heard people mention the Rika's Suit & Claw for the set evade bonus, but I hate claws. ^^;

That said, what kind of units and materials are usually used with an evade build?

I run Paru a TON and sick of the rare 1-hit KO from the apes and tired of those robot machine guns. :argh:

Assuming high evade will mean the apes will miss more and the robots may actually miss as well (they ALWAYS hit me).

Galax
Jun 17, 2010, 01:51 PM
I'm thinking of doing an evade build for my HUnewearl. Heard people mention the Rika's Suit & Claw for the set evade bonus, but I hate claws. ^^;

That said, what kind of units and materials are usually used with an evade build?

I run Paru a TON and sick of the rare 1-hit KO from the apes and tired of those robot machine guns. :argh:

Assuming high evade will mean the apes will miss more and the robots may actually miss as well (they ALWAYS hit me).

From what I've seen, 4 divine/swifts, 80evade mats, and a 100pow mag, because Mags can't boost evp.

I, personally, would do:

2 or 3 Divine/Swifts, the other two units being a spare slot & a Protect Unit, depending on the area. I personally, if fighting Humilias, would do Slow/Ice protect until you get used to taking him down fast. Which is why I don't run Arca <_<...
Also, I'd use Compress PA, but if you don't have that, then don't worry about it, seeing as it's not a "OMFG THIS UNIT IS NEEDED FOR EVERYTHING BLAAAAAAARGH!" type of thing. Yeah, people do use Rika's Suit & Rika's Claw / Orgaclaw usually, but that doesn't mean YOU have to.

Broken_L_button
Jun 17, 2010, 02:13 PM
Evade builds usually use D/swifts for evasion and some people like to use evade mats. Myself, I prefer to shy away from mats that go into stats that can't be buffed (I usually put my mats in ATP, MST or DFP). Also, EVP will only make the enemies with attacks that do MELEE damage miss, so there are a few enemies that will ALWAYS hit you even with high EVP. Here they are:

-Anything that SHOOTS at you will ALWAYS hit you, with a few minor exceptions; Arkzein missile & the Ishrak/Azhrowa flash grenade can miss.
-Any enemy that casts techs will always hit you
-Dark Falz's beams of doom will never miss, but the rest of his attacks will miss.

Also, as Galax said, put some utility units in. One element boost will help a lot. Though, I find protects obtional unless it's light protect (and that's if I don't have anti on my palette). Also, from my experiences, once you get over 800 in EVP, you're set.

Seth Astra
Jun 17, 2010, 02:18 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Humillias's lasers can also miss. At least, I think I've had them miss on my HUnewm. Also, an EVP HUnewearl would be even better than a HUnewm at the biggest lol in the game (IMO). Getting frozen by Humillias's lasers, then getting a miss when he uses the sword. I always chuckle when I see this.

Cruciarius
Jun 17, 2010, 02:42 PM
lol That actually gives me a reason to go to the valley then. I'll need to hunt divine/swifts, since I only have one. Think I'll run 3 of them, with a protect unit. Already running with all power mats and a 100 power mag.