PDA

View Full Version : Gigas Romulus?

Cruciarius
Jun 19, 2010, 12:48 AM
I found a Gigas Romulus today. It has "Thunder Tech. 110%" on it.
Now is that +110% to zonde or just actually 10%?
Because I tried it out and with lvl 10 zonde, I only did 30-40 dmg. Granted I'm no force (HUnewearl with all power mats and mag), I'd expect more, if it was +110%.

ARChan
Jun 19, 2010, 12:53 AM
100% is standard and you're just looking at a +10% power boost. Yeah, this is a common misunderstanding. Don't feel bad.

Cruciarius
Jun 19, 2010, 09:40 AM
Figured as much. Thanks.

Is the Gigas cursed by any chance? >.<
Since I equipped it, all the NPCs with me die a LOT more than they were before. Sometimes multiple times per room, even after being fully healed. Yet it also seems like everything in the room is going for me and although I used to evade most melee attacks, I'm not really evading anything now.

mMarikom
Jun 19, 2010, 11:07 AM
If being the best double saber in the game is a curse, be happy the game decided to curse you instead of me (cant find a GR to save my life)

Cruciarius
Jun 19, 2010, 11:14 AM
I like it's damage, though it'd be nice to have %s on it, but I've been dying a lot more since using it. Even the NPCs, which I know aren't great, but still.

Reve, for example, died 3-4 times in the same room. He even looked as if he was just running around, not attacking.

Before finding the Gigas, I could go several floors, with nobody dying.

bns1991
Jun 19, 2010, 12:29 PM
I have 2 gigas romulus'. The first one was a stun gigas romulus, and the second was a celeb gigas romulus. Im willing to let one go for sale or trade since i do not have either a HUnewm or HUneweral.

mMarikom
Jun 19, 2010, 06:11 PM
Are either of them level 3? and what about the percents? What do you want for them?

Broken_L_button
Jun 19, 2010, 09:50 PM
I like it's damage, though it'd be nice to have %s on it, but I've been dying a lot more since using it. Even the NPCs, which I know aren't great, but still.

Reve, for example, died 3-4 times in the same room. He even looked as if he was just running around, not attacking.

Before finding the Gigas, I could go several floors, with nobody dying.

You're just unlucky, man. Or...Maybe the reason why you're dying more is PROBABLY because of the double saber's combo length; staying in the face of a mob for THAT long is very detrimental to your health, even as a HUney. Unless I'm spamming Million rave/using the combo for stunlocking certain mobs/charging the PA on the third attack, I usually never whip out my Gigas.

Heck, only char I got who's actually using one is my FOney, and a level 1 Life at that (It's my lol weapon). I usually take it out quickly, use million rave, then retreat like a coward and use resta...Unless Masha is around to use resta on me ^^. Then, and only then, do I start using it more. But that's just me.

Cruciarius
Jun 19, 2010, 10:14 PM
I think it may just be the PA + unluckiness.

Before getting the Gigas, I was using another double saber, so it's not the combo. The only new things about it to me is the PA, which I do wish wasn't million rave. My previous double saber was a Morgenlote, which has tornado dance. Was helpful to deal good damage AND get away from the enemy at the same time. Or even push the target enemy away from a location, if needed.

Broken_L_button
Jun 19, 2010, 10:19 PM
Heh, yeah, I know what you're talking about; I tried life lv.1 on my HUney's Gigas as well. It was nice...until I got shot by a Korse. I hate robots :/

Cruciarius
Jun 19, 2010, 10:25 PM
Oh I changed the element to X, for now. I like the little extra XP, when leveling.

mMarikom
Jun 20, 2010, 07:00 PM
I usually take it out quickly, use million rave, then retreat like a coward and use resta...Unless Masha is around to use resta on me ^^. Then, and only then, do I start using it more. But that's just me.

Aww...I do tend to spam Resta a lot, especially when melee-ing...I really need to do towards the future and get myself a level 5 tachyon gun for the non-hunter weapon friendly areas...but I have been a little hooked on Persona 3 lately (also explaining why I haven't been on too much)

Cruciarius
Jun 20, 2010, 07:02 PM
I'll be needing one of those myself, I suppose. Though I do enjoy doing melee, with my HUnewearl...

Jam3s
Jun 26, 2010, 05:56 PM
i found a giga romulus a couple days back in a SH ET run, had some percents and the PA million rave but dont remember having a element on it though, have to check if anyone really wants to trade for one.

i can hold onto the GR until i get a wifi connector or find another way to connect online.

pm or reply with offers?

Cruciarius
Jun 26, 2010, 06:25 PM
To make an offer, someone would want to know the details of it. Like mine, for example, 0% on everything and only a lvl 1 element, wouldn't likely get me much.

Cruciarius
Jun 26, 2010, 10:01 PM
This is Gigas Romulus related...

First off, for those who don't know, the Gigas Romulus is said to be Reve's double saber.

So... I'm sitting here, bored because of issues with my WiFi, watching the intro. I noticed something. It shows Reve with a blue double saber. Similar design to the Gigas, but the Gigas is purple, with pinkish blades.

Chaos Rappy
Jun 26, 2010, 10:05 PM
If it's blue, it's probably more or less like the Double Spear or Double Rapier, maybe? I also noticed that somewhat with his handgun as well, it sorta looks like the Pulse handguns as well... maybe the developers got lazy in creation and made them even MORE of simply color variations of older weapons? : /

Macman
Jun 27, 2010, 12:23 PM
I would assume since it seems the ray/clear items and double rapier etc were Newman oriented, so Reve just uses modified versions of them.

It's better than Sarisa just using normal items. Give me that Al Azif you undeserving wench!