PDA

View Full Version : Game Am I the only one excited about Other M?

EK Dynomite
Jun 24, 2010, 03:21 AM
I mean, it looks like one of the best games of the year, it's looks way better than Halo: Reach. Metroid: Other M has a WHOLE complex story, thats where things like Halo fall flat. Don't get me wrong. I love halo! I have every halo game! (Except Halo Wars..it sucked) Back on topic, well the trailers for other M look amazing. I haven't been this excited since...like..forever! (Sadly...)

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jun 24, 2010, 06:23 AM
im just not really into metroid, the style doesnt work for me, the sicescrollers or the 3D ones, but there definitely not bad games

joefro
Jun 24, 2010, 07:51 AM
Yes, just because Samus has big bug eyes, means that this is going to have an amazing story.

Outrider
Jun 24, 2010, 11:13 AM
For the most part, I hate Team Ninja's games.

And for the most part, Metroid games should not be about cinematic cut scenes and intrusive storytelling.

So I wasn't thrilled about this game when it was first announced.

Still, with each new hands-on article or gameplay video, I've found myself warming up to it. I'm now pretty excited, assuming the game is more like the recent E3 2010 trailer and less like the E3 2009 trailer.

Seth Astra
Jun 24, 2010, 11:16 AM
To answer your question, no. I've been excited since I stumbled across a preview for it when ordering MP:Collection. Everything I see for that game makes me drool.

amtalx
Jun 24, 2010, 11:59 AM
I find it hard to get excited about Wii games these days. Every time I look at one I think it would be better served with a controller that has more buttons so devs wouldn't be forced to add waggle.

HUMARS
Jun 24, 2010, 12:38 PM
This looks like its going to be an awsome game. the weird part is that its in third person most of the time but you can zoom in to first person, look around, shoot sum stuf but not move. You van only move in third person so its going to tahe some geting usto

AC9breaker
Jun 24, 2010, 04:45 PM
Metroid other M is probably going to be the 2nd game a buy for my Wii. In fact I remember Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (NEED RARZ PLZ) was my biggest reason why I wanted a Wii to begin with. I'm totally hyped for Other M and looking forward to it.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jun 24, 2010, 05:01 PM
wait, uve only bought 2 games on the wii ever? so u didnt even get twilight princess or super smash?

amtalx
Jun 24, 2010, 05:59 PM
Twilight Princess was worth the price of admission, as with almost every Zelda title. SSB is the typical button mashing circle-jerk all SSB games are though. Pass.

However, the new Sin & Punishment game looks AMAZING.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jun 24, 2010, 06:19 PM
super smash brothers is the best fighting game ever (in my opinion), yes there is a lot of button mashing, but having a whole bunch of different attacks and characters +it takes lots of skill.

AC9breaker
Jun 24, 2010, 06:25 PM
wait, uve only bought 2 games on the wii ever? so u didnt even get twilight princess or super smash?

I bought a Wii becuase of Monster Hunter, a used Wii at that. It's the only game I have. I'm planning on Getting the Metroid prime trilogy , and Twilight Princess. Then Other M and maybe Mario Galaxy 2.

Ash1ey
Jun 24, 2010, 07:16 PM
I'm very excited for this game.

Kion
Jun 24, 2010, 09:16 PM
I was really looking forward to it, but after seeing the trailer I was pretty disappointed. It looks like it plays like ninja gaiden, so I might as well.... play ninja gaiden. Other than that it doesn`t look like a true metroid games. Metroid games are generally about isolation and exploration. That`s why I couldn`t get through metroid prime, because it felt like i was on some desolate planet. A game that makes you feel like that is really great in my opinion, so breaking down the style to an easily consumable rpg for everyone is kind of degrading it in my opinion.

The new Zelda game looks really amazing. They got the art down just right. Wind Waker had an amazing style (just crappy game play), so an adult link with cartoon graphics just seems like a "HEL YEH". If you had the option of playing with a controller it would be worth it. Miyamoto just didn`t have any luck playing it on stage, so it makes me skeptical of how the actual game will play even with the wii motion plus. The wii hardware is just too much suck. Nintendo will probably bank on games this Christmas and then announce a new console next year.

AC9breaker
Jun 24, 2010, 10:53 PM
I was really looking forward to it, but after seeing the trailer I was pretty disappointed. It looks like it plays like ninja gaiden, so I might as well.... play ninja gaiden. Other than that it doesn`t look like a true metroid games. Metroid games are generally about isolation and exploration. That`s why I couldn`t get through metroid prime, because it felt like i was on some desolate planet. A game that makes you feel like that is really great in my opinion, so breaking down the style to an easily consumable rpg for everyone is kind of degrading it in my opinion.

Somewhere on the internet, a windows powered PC just BSOD'd from that logic error.

darkante
Jun 25, 2010, 04:05 AM
Other M is one of my top wants this year. ^^
Metroid ftw.

Now i kinda just wished that Serious Sam Second Encounter HD would just get on the crackerbox. >.>
Darn it.

McLaughlin
Jun 25, 2010, 03:11 PM

Wait.

Metroid games are generally about isolation and exploration.

That`s why I couldn`t get through metroid prime, because it felt like i was on some desolate planet.

What?

And for the record, ` is not an apostrophe. You want the key beside Enter.

I'm pretty pumped for Other M. Only really played Fire Emblem, TP, SSBB, and the Metroid Prime collection on my Wii. All good games, but it's been a while since I've turned my Wii on.

Pirrip
Jun 25, 2010, 03:15 PM
I never played a Team Ninja game... but I <3 Metroid games... so I will most likely be getting it. ^_^

Kent
Jun 26, 2010, 12:45 AM
I've enjoyed Team Ninja's games, to an extent. Ninja Gaiden II, I felt, was a pretty good game (despite some parts where the difficulty could swing from "a good challenge" into "how many rockets does a single infantryman carry?"), and certainly better than the previous entry, and the DOA series (the fighting games, that is) are pretty good, despite all the flak they get for their physics.

Metroid: Other M though... I don't know if I want it quite yet. So far, none of the gameplay footage or reports have really hinted at it being an actual Metroidvania genre entry, but just focused on the action. People play Metroidvania games because of the exploration, first and foremost, with the action taking second place to it.

SubstanceD
Jun 27, 2010, 03:27 AM
I'm not exactly a big fan of the Nintendo Wii or any of the games that are on it. I just don't like the way Nintendo ( or any of the game developers ) try to shoe horn 'motion control' controls into games that would better off played with the Classic controller. Metroid: The Other M is good example of this, how the game forces us to point at the screen the Wii Mote in FPS mode, why is there even a FPS mode, I thnk the side scrolling stuff looks awesome without it. I also don't like the idea of the 2D bits being played by holding the Wii mote sideways, the Wii mote is uncomfortable that way and the button placement feels wrong.

I like alot of what I saw in the gameplay trailors and I think this could be one of the better Metroid games to date, i just wish it had a better control scheme. At the moment I am on the fence as to whether I will buy this.

Gahnik
Jun 27, 2010, 05:56 PM
I would be excited about it if it was another first-person Metroid, because i loved the Prime trilogy, and i would like more metroid games in that fashion.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 27, 2010, 09:25 PM
I bought a Wii becuase of Monster Hunter, a used Wii at that. It's the only game I have. I'm planning on Getting the Metroid prime trilogy , and Twilight Princess. Then Other M and maybe Mario Galaxy 2.
How about some Travis Touchdown since a PSTriple port could get bungled/be a while/Latest Numero dos getting price slashed all the time (and PS3 port is going to be of first one?)

I couldn't hold out anymore when it was $18.50 eligible for free super saver shipping.

Red Steel 2 seemed to be something worth checking out as well due to nothing else like it out there.

AC9breaker
Jun 28, 2010, 01:20 AM
Limited time, and money. :( Other wise I'd be all over those porcelin bank save points. But definitely gonna add it to my Gamefly now. Thanks for the brominder.

NeonaPulsar
Jun 28, 2010, 03:27 AM
I'd have to say no, your not the only one.

I played through MP;Corupsion after a friend insisted i play it, and you know what... It was awesome, great graphics, and a great way to start a game title (as in, it was my first Metroid game)

I'm looking forward to "Other M"

Rei-San
Jun 28, 2010, 06:54 PM
Ignoring the haterz here..... :p I would have to say that I am very exited for Other M. I'v always been a fan of Team Ninja's games, and This was a surprisingly new twist. I saw it for the first time and I nearly came. A mix of Ninja Gaiden and Metroid Prime would be the coolest thing ever for the series. (expecially when I saw the Haloid flash and then this game, didn't really help my fanboyishness.)

So you are not alone my friend. I'm actually glad that something new and good is coming out of the company. When Itagaki left I thought it was all over. :)

darkante
Jun 29, 2010, 04:51 AM
When is the last time a Metroid game has failed to deliver?
Itīs good some new idea is on, ^this makes me open to believe that.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jun 29, 2010, 06:31 AM
i guess ive just never been into meroid games, on gc it was because i dont like fps all that much, and the sidescrollers just aren't very fun (to me) this one actually looks cool, but i doubt i'll be getting it, seeing as atm i want other games more.

Akaimizu
Jun 29, 2010, 11:21 AM
I did get to see the previews for this game. I do have to admit, I do like what I see. I also like how they seem to have more stuff in that side-view perspective making the game take more of an old-school approach to Metroid. There are some stuff, in the 2D Metroid realm, you just can't translate to First Person, and it's nice that they're revisiting that in a 3D system.

Ranmaru
Jun 30, 2010, 10:00 PM
I saw it at a melee tournament I was at (in New York) but I was too busy playing a hacked melee hahaha. It was balling. (custom skins and custom music)

Oops. I confused this for Project M, lol.

Ok, now for Other M, seems really cool. Although I think I must finish Metroid Prime before I even lay my eyes on it again haha. (I didn't bother to finish the boss)

Tomeeboy
Jul 1, 2010, 12:58 PM
They just added a $20 video game credit for pre-ordering Metroid: Other M. Thought you guys would want to know :)

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2010, 01:19 PM
They just added a $20 video game credit for pre-ordering Metroid: Other M. Thought you guys would want to know :)

Hey, Tomee, didn't you or someone make an announcement about some sort of pre-order credit for Phantasy Star Portable 2? Who was doing that?

unicorn
Jul 2, 2010, 03:34 AM
Metroid games always had RAVE reviews. No game in the whole series had bad scores. In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if Metroid games have overall better reviews over Zelda games.

The only reason why I never picked up the series was because:
1. Was too young when the first ones were released, and too scared to play them...
2. Although players love Prime, I dont like first-person-shooters... I'm just not quick enough with them!

Sooo yes I'm excited. I can finally play a metroid game!

Outrider
Jul 2, 2010, 10:29 AM
2. Although players love Prime, I dont like first-person-shooters... I'm just not quick enough with them!

That's specifically why Nintendo stresses that Metroid Prime is a first-person adventure game, and not a shooter.

You don't need super quick reflexes - most of the combat is handled through the lock-on feature and it feels great. If that's the biggest reason you haven't played Metroid Prime, then you should give it a try. It's really not an issue.

(Though in all fairness, the Wii versions are a bit more action heavy due to the nature of the controls - my recommendation is to get a used copy of the Gamecube version.)

AC9breaker
Sep 3, 2010, 10:00 AM
So is anyone else playing this?

It took a while to get use to but I'm starting to like how the game incorporates switching to 3rd person and 1st person views. Makes the fights that much more intense. Also loving the cinematic presentaion and how the game fluidly switches from cinematic to gameplay. As if they took careful notes from the Uncharted and Resident Evil games.

So far the game is reminding me of a mix of Metroid fusion and Corruption. One thing that kinda pisses me off though is how your abilities are locked and are then conveniently unlocked at the appropriate time. Really enjoying the narrative though and I likes me Samus's voice actor. Her inner monologue is good.

Randomness
Sep 3, 2010, 10:09 AM
So far the game is reminding me of a mix of Metroid fusion and Corruption. One thing that kinda pisses me off though is how your abilities are locked and are then conveniently unlocked at the appropriate time. Really enjoying the narrative though and I likes me Samus's voice actor. Her inner monologue is good.

The unlocking crap is annoying. Also, it reduces the length of the game, since you aren't fighting bosses to get shit back. I honestly think only 4 or 5 enemies in the game actually had a boss health gauge.

Secondly, you cannot get 100% until you've beaten the main game. Its impossible, because of power bombs.

Mostly, I think the game needed more areas, it just feels really small. Hidden areas should be more than just one room with a powerup, too. (If you look at Metroid Fusion, over half the map is not given to you... here, you're given 90% of the layout for free). It just feels... small. Compared to other Metroid games.

My only other gripe is that somebody didn't bother to research the plot of other games. This one is inconsistent with Fusion.

Outrider
Sep 3, 2010, 10:55 AM
I should be getting it from Amazon today, but I probably won't have time to play it until Sunday at the earliest. I'm looking forward to it, though.

FOkyasuta
Sep 3, 2010, 11:32 AM
I never played a Team Ninja game... but I <3 Metroid games... so I will most likely be getting it. ^_^
Well There The Geniuses That Made Ninja Gaiden! With Means Samus Might Get Real Athletic In 2nd Person Mode. =3

Outrider
Sep 3, 2010, 12:07 PM
Well There The Geniuses That Made Ninja Gaiden! With Means Samus Might Get Real Athletic In 2nd Person Mode. =3

Third-person mode.

Second-person gameplay would be... weird, to say the least.

EDIT: Actually, the more I think about it, you could argue that games in which the player appears on screen (like some webcam or Eyetoy/Kinect games) are examples of second-person gameplay.

AlexCraig
Sep 3, 2010, 05:22 PM
I own every Metroid game thus far, I DEFINATELY want Other M.

Seth Astra
Sep 3, 2010, 05:26 PM
Got it yesterday, probably gonna play it in a minute. Fun gameplay, I love that wall jumping is no longer the hardest thing ever. Right now I'm just past where you get the diffusion beam. I can't deny that the combat is some of the best I've seen in a Metroid game. Also, I really like the preorder bonus I got from gamestop.

DragonForce
Sep 3, 2010, 05:36 PM
I'm gonna have to see some vids for the game. I just want a sequel to fusion or a 2-D game.

Seth Astra
Sep 3, 2010, 09:34 PM
@DragonForce: It's basically a prequel to Fusion, seeing as it explains Samus's past with Adam.

FOkyasuta
Sep 4, 2010, 12:03 AM
And You Forgot It Takes Place Between Super Metroid And Metriod Fusion.

Randomness
Sep 4, 2010, 12:44 AM
@DragonForce: It's basically a prequel to Fusion, seeing as it explains Samus's past with Adam.

It goofs in one critical location, which you'll notice, pretty late in.

Tetsaru
Sep 4, 2010, 09:49 AM
I was kinda excited for this game too... until I saw G4's review (http://g4tv.com/games/wii/61992/Metroid-Other-M/review/) (be sure and watch the first video to see what I mean). GameInformer (http://gameinformer.com/games/metroid_other_m/b/wii/archive/2010/08/27/nintendo-s-team-ninja-team-up-robs-metroid-of-its-atmosphere-and-character.aspx) only gave it a 6.25 out of 10, although IGN (http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14354733/metroid-other-m/videos/_metroid_otherm_vdr_082710.html) gave it an 8.5 out of 10...

A friend of mine likes it, and he showed me some Youtube videos, but from what I saw, I'm going to have to agree with G4 on this one - I could tell a lot of the fights were awkward at times, Samus' character was completely ruined, and holding the A button to completely heal yourself? REALLY?? Stick with the DOA kerjiggletits physics, Team Ninja.

As for good points, I'd say the cutscenes look good... of course the horrible dialogue ruins it all... :nono: I think I'd rather try playing my copy of Metroid Prime 3 that for some reason I never got around to.

FOkyasuta
Sep 4, 2010, 10:27 AM
Well It Sucks If You'd Like To Know The Whole Story. And Your Clueless About It. Then You Have A Reason To Play This. *Facepalm*

DragonForce
Sep 4, 2010, 01:08 PM
Anyone hear of that Metroid SR-388 fanmade game? Seems a lot better than from what I'm hearing about Other M.

Split
Sep 4, 2010, 01:32 PM
I don't get why GI panned this game so badly...I liked it, and most other reviewers did, too. They seem to be doing that a lot lately (i.e. prototype, which I enjoyed immensely), which fills me with disillusionment because I used to trust their scores implicitly.

Akaimizu
Sep 4, 2010, 01:56 PM
I'm interested, but I still need to finish the Prime trilogy first. For me, Team Ninja's crowning achievement will always be Ninja Gaiden. Still my favorite skillful 3d action combat adventure of all time. Followed closely by God of War. The way the previews kind of made it seem like it was more action, with a perspective that's a little less confusing for what you need to do and where to go than the 90% First Person aspect of Prime.

FOkyasuta
Sep 4, 2010, 01:58 PM
I'm interested, but I still need to finish the Prime trilogy first. For me, Team Ninja's crowning achievement will always be Ninja Gaiden. Still my favorite skillful 3d action combat adventure of all time. Followed closely by God of War. The way the previews kind of made it seem like it was more action, with a perspective that's a little less confusing for what you need to do and where to go than the 90% First Person aspect of Prime.

Hell Yeh. Just Going And Sliceing The Bad Guys Right In Half. =3

DoubleJG
Sep 5, 2010, 12:01 AM
The only game I own for my Wii is PBR, and I seldom use my Wii for anything other than Netflix. However, this game does looks like it's going to be pretty awesome.

AC9breaker
Sep 5, 2010, 11:50 PM
I beat the game last night. Finished the Extra part later this morning. Here are my thoughts. I totally loved Samus's inner monologue and I thought they expanded on the character development from the mangas, perfectly. The fighting I thought was fresh and made for some interesting boss encounters but felt lacking in some parts. Mostly only when fighting normal doods. It was fantastic in boss fights and I was a bit startled to no longer get my health and ammo pick ups from monsters but to have to recharge them myself and although it may sound like cheating it was harder to do then you'd expect in some of the more hectic battles of the game. I also really enjoyed the simplified control schemes. The game had fantastic pacing and often found myself saying,"okay gonna turn it off at next save point." and an hour later I was still playing and still telling myself the same thing. It's hard to put down.

Overall I beat the game in under 9 hours and came up with 53% item collection completion. I was kinda surprised at how fast i got to the end . I totally felt that the game was just a step above what Metroid fusion was. The game felt a lot like fusion to me actually. Which i thought was a good thing. I thought the voice acting was solid, not amazing but definitely not bad and overall I was just more interested to see how they developed Samus's character. Since she was just reeling from the shock of losing the baby metroid, destroying the Space pirates and Mother brain, and how those experienced shaped her to to help her deal with the circumstances she faced in this game, as a human though.

I thought it was kinda misleading how the game says they would divulge her past more since very little of her past that hasn't been covered in other games. It did definitely give us an intimate look into her psyche though which I thought was just as powerful. However if you've never read any of the Mangas or missed out on some of the other games, since things will leave you lost and confused.

Overall I'm torn with this game. As a Metroid fan, I love with this game has done with the series, as an unbiased gamer, I have to admit this game is lacking in some areas.

Randomness
Sep 6, 2010, 02:22 PM
I think Fusion is better than Other M. Fusion had far more exploration in it. Even with linear goals, you often ended up going far out of your way to get places, and the number of hidden areas is immense. Other M... hidden areas are basically a small room with a powerup on the floor behind a super missile hatch, as opposed to four-five room ordeals culminating in crazy speed-booster action for a missile tank.

DragonForce
Sep 6, 2010, 04:24 PM
I did some crazy Fusion runs. I did a run where I had only like 5% or less of the items in the game. It was pretty fun.

Seth Astra
Sep 6, 2010, 04:30 PM
@DragonForce: Now THAT's hardcore!

Sord
Sep 6, 2010, 04:57 PM
Gameplay looks like it could be good, but I would need to really play it myself to tell. As per story, I can't ever recall Team Ninja ever doing that right (imo of course.) Nor has Metroid ever really had a deep story to begin with, it was mostly to do with gameplay. Which, when it comes down to it, I think gameplay is about 50x more important, since that's the bulk of what you're doing (unless you're playing Xenosaga or something, durhur.) I certainly would never have picked Team Ninja to make the game, but we'll see when it comes out.

Seth Astra
Sep 6, 2010, 04:59 PM
@Sord: Uhh... It's been out since Tuesday.

Sord
Sep 6, 2010, 10:18 PM
Eh well, will still have to wait for the job to kick in to make some money to buy it anyway. Current opinion (or lack thereof in certain respects) more or less remains the same. I never judge gameplay fully by just watching a game be played, and I'd rather not look at story spoilers in the event Team Ninja did actually write a decent one (or even if they wrote a bad one really, don't care much for spoilers.) Least I can put it on the to buy list now.

Seth Astra
Sep 6, 2010, 10:22 PM
The story, IMO, wasn't half bad. Course, I'm not a very good critic. Even if the story doesn't get you, the gameplay will probably have you hooked.

Outrider
Sep 7, 2010, 03:27 PM
I'm probably about two or three hours into it. This is a summary of the pros and cons I've come across:

+ Combat is pretty fun
- Exploration is almost non-existent
- They don't use the first-person mode to its fullest potential during exploration, however it's pretty awesome during boss fights
- OH GOD THE STORY IS AWFUL; it's just terrible monologue after terrible monologue. Somebody needs to inform the writers that "show, don't tell" is an important rule to follow
- Why did Samus suddenly go from an unstoppable badass to a whiny chick with daddy issues?
- D-pad movement isn't great. I wish they offered a Wiimote/nunchuk control scheme so that you could move around using an analogue stick. Don't get me wrong - the simplified controls work just fine - but it would be nice having an alternative scheme that allows you to use the additional controller.

Sord
Sep 7, 2010, 04:20 PM
So there's no more of that doubling then re-doubling back again to get into other areas?

Tyreek
Sep 7, 2010, 05:02 PM
What's Metroid without traditional backtracking?

Sord
Sep 7, 2010, 05:15 PM
From what I'm googling you really don't get to backtrack as much until after beating it or getting closer to the end. It's more streamlined and pushing you forward, but you'll find that places can loop back or something.

DragonForce
Sep 7, 2010, 05:20 PM
I finally read the whole story of the game on the wiki. I always wondered how Adam died.

Now they just need to make a sequel to fusion and make it 2-D.

Tetsaru
Sep 7, 2010, 10:46 PM
Hell, I didn't even know there WAS a guy named Adam before this came out...

Of course, I've barely played the original Metroid and Super Metroid, though I've played all the way through Metroid Fusion and the first two Metroid Prime games. Maybe I missed something, but I don't remember any mention of him in what I did play, so he must not have been a very memorable or important character to me. :confused:

Outrider
Sep 8, 2010, 03:31 PM
He's basically the only other character in Metroid Fusion.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 8, 2010, 03:40 PM
He was talked about like half the time while you played Fusion. How did you not read about him?

Tetsaru
Sep 8, 2010, 03:58 PM
He's basically the only other character in Metroid Fusion.

He was talked about like half the time while you played Fusion. How did you not read about him?

I vaguely remember a group of random guys getting attacked by those X parasite things, but I moreso remember the introduction of "Dark Samus" or whatever the doppelganger version of her was called. It's been a long time since I played that game anyway... I don't think I have it anymore, sadly. I tend to trade in a lot of old games for new ones. =x

Nitro Vordex
Sep 8, 2010, 04:11 PM
She talked about him in monologues mostly. Usually were elevator scenes or something similar.

Outrider
Sep 8, 2010, 04:22 PM
Beyond the opening, the only story sequences in the game were between Samus and Adam.

That's it. There is no other story aside from that.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 8, 2010, 04:37 PM
Funny how most of the most interesting parts of the story end up being in an elevator.

Or whatever the hell those things were. Also, I want a grapple beam, it'd be fun to move around Downtown like that...as long as I could land without breaking bones that is.

Randomness
Sep 8, 2010, 04:40 PM
Basically... in Fusion...

[spoiler-box]The computer was Adam. Well, a backup of Adam before he died.[/spoiler-box]

In any case, Other M has issues with Fusion, which is ironic since it tries to close the loose end of how Adam died... (I'd always assumed it occurred before Metroid, when Samus was still with the Federation)

[spoiler-box]In Fusion, Samus is surprised and appalled to find Metroid breeding programs on the BSL space station. Furthermore, she had no idea that the Federation had been breeding them, or had ever been. In Other M, she finds a breeding program, which contradicts the encounter in Fusion being her first encounter with such a program to clone Metroids from the remains of the baby.[/spoiler-box]

Honestly, with all the enemies that are obviously taken from Fusion directly and made into 3-D, its almost like Other M is supposed to be an alternative Fusion storyline.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 8, 2010, 04:41 PM
More like Metroid Delusion.

Outrider
Sep 8, 2010, 04:46 PM
Or Metroid Confusion.

Tetsaru
Sep 8, 2010, 04:57 PM
She talked about him in monologues mostly. Usually were elevator scenes or something similar.

That's what I thought, lol. I never really committed any of those to memory. :razz:

The fact that Adam on that game was a computer(???) just further complicates things for me...

Either way, he just seems like a forgettable and uninteresting character...

Outrider
Sep 12, 2010, 10:20 PM
So, I finally got around to finishing this and I just got 100% a few minutes ago.

Definitely a fun game, but I still have my issues with it. Thankfully, Samus stops monologuing as much about halfway through the game.

My big question: Why does Samus freak out when she sees Ridley? By my count, she's killed him four times already in previous adventures. I figure she's gotten over any fear of him long ago.

Seth Astra
Sep 12, 2010, 10:31 PM
Honestly, I liked Samus's monologs. But that's just me.

Volcompat321
Sep 30, 2010, 06:35 AM
GO FUCKING BUY IT!

Haha, a friend got this for his birthday, and I've been observing him play.
I'm gonna buy it when I get paid next.

I suggest everyone to at least go rent it!

DragonForce
Sep 30, 2010, 07:44 AM
lol, I don't have a wii and I'll never get one. I'll wait for the next one. Hopefully it won't be on a system with gimmicky controls...

FarenKar
Sep 30, 2010, 08:06 AM
I'm with DragonForce on this. I don't have a Wii, and as cool as some of the games I want to play are on it, I don't like motion controls The only motion I want to do in relation to video games is DDR.

Volcompat321
Sep 30, 2010, 08:38 AM
The controls for this game are easy to understand.

You just use the one controller, Wii mote thing, not the other part.

The game itself was badass, but short.
He beat it just about 12 hours. Could have been much faster, but he was trying to get everything.

Let me change what I originally said then-
If you have a Wii, I suggest at least renting it.

FarenKar
Sep 30, 2010, 08:41 AM
From what I've seen of the game, I don't think I'll like it much, even though I'm a Metroid fan. I much prefered Samus as a silent hero; the Prime trilogy was probably the best in Metroid so far, imo.

Seth Astra
Sep 30, 2010, 08:55 AM
GO ****ING BUY IT!

^This.
Really a great game. Shame it's kinda short, but it's fun all the way through, and pretty hard to stop playing.

DragonForce
Sep 30, 2010, 09:06 AM
I prefer metroid in 2-D.

AC9breaker
Sep 30, 2010, 10:18 AM
GO FUCKING BUY IT!

Haha, a friend got this for his birthday, and I've been observing him play.
I'm gonna buy it when I get paid next.

I suggest everyone to at least go rent it!

Actually it's quite a shitty game and the lowest entry in the Metroid series.

I beat the game a few days ago.

So the game is very Objective based, making it feel like fusion. Combat is great, although it feels like it's missing something when your fighting regular doods; it totally shines with boss fights though.

The story is competent enough and does it's job as being the vessel for this game, it was touted that this game would touch on Samus's back story but no it doesn't. The main thing the game does is fleshes out her personality; and if you've read any of the mangas or the backstory to the Metroid universe you'll agree they do a good job on that, although as others have stated the dialog is silly, while it may have sounded cool in japan it loses it's effect in our language and just seems childish, like a little kid trying hard to be cool. Overall the game feels short, like I beat it in under 9 hours. With a 53% item completion though.

In closing I just wanna say that the pervasive feeling I have with this game is that its lacking in just about every aspect. It feels like it was meant to be on a handheld rather then as a console game. As a Metroid fan, I really enjoyed it. As an honest gamer, I've gotta say this game fucks up too much to warrant buying it and should be treated with caution. Rent it first, use gamefly. It's Definitely a solid rent since you can beat it fast and send it back and get the next game on your que sooner. At the very least, it's a competant game and like Naba said,"it does things."

http://i41.tinypic.com/1z66vjt.jpg

darkante
Sep 30, 2010, 10:19 AM
I bought this game a 2 weeks ago, but i canīt get myself to play it.
It got good action, but no actual feeling to it. (Doesntīt feel like a Metroid game)

Metroid Prime > Super Metroid > Other parts >>>>>>Other M. Sorry

Volcompat321
Sep 30, 2010, 11:14 AM
Actually it's quite a shitty game and the lowest entry in the Metroid series.

http://i41.tinypic.com/1z66vjt.jpg

Have you played it yourself?

I agree, it's definitely not the best Metroid game, but it was pretty cool.
I enjoyed observing it, and I'm sure I'll enjoy playing it myself.

unicorn
Sep 30, 2010, 11:20 AM
Well I find the game to be pretty awesome.

Probably not the best for veterans, but its great for me (who couldnt get myself to play the older ones intensely). The controls are smooth IMO and one of the best looking games on the Wii.

Outrider
Sep 30, 2010, 01:00 PM
The game starts off a little slow and the story is way too invasive in the beginning, but as you start unlocking new moves and everyone starts shutting the hell up the game gets really good.

I genuinely hope that they build upon the combat system in this game, because it's really, really good, despite the awkward perspective-switching.

And it is more linear than the previous games - it's not a huge difference from Metroid Prime, though. On average, Other M is only slightly more linear than the Prime games.

But yeah, there are crazy story issues. The narrative can be summed up as "Samus has daddy issues and the dialog sounds like it's written by a disenchanted teenager in his first high school creative writing class."

DragonForce
Oct 1, 2010, 07:32 AM
I hope Team Ninja has nothing to do with the next one.

Zeek123
Oct 1, 2010, 08:00 AM
Pass.

I'm one of the whiny geeks that complain they "ruined" Samus. Story was never an issue, because there was never much of one, but I don't like Ninja making Samus out to be anything less than a lone bad-ass.

Volcompat321
Oct 1, 2010, 08:09 AM
Team Ninja didn't do as expected though...
They didn't make her with huge bouncy tits, running around half naked... I was really surprised.

WitheredAce
Oct 6, 2010, 11:27 AM
Great game, sadly I beat it the day I got it.

Tetsaru
Oct 6, 2010, 01:34 PM
Well, I found something else I can mock about Other M, lol.

Apparently there's a game-breaking glitch in the game (it's the second story covered here (http://screwattack.com/videos/Hard-News-092710)). From what I understand, if you go back to a previous save point and save your game after defeating a specific boss, it causes one of the doors afterwards to become permanently locked and unopenable. What gets me is how Nintendo is handling it: instead of simply releasing a patch online like anyone else would do, they're asking players to MAIL IN THEIR SD CARDS so their save files can be repaired, THEN sent back. REALLY, Nintendo??

Outrider
Oct 6, 2010, 02:13 PM
Wii games don't support software patching.

Tetsaru
Oct 6, 2010, 03:15 PM
Wii games don't support software patching.

Just more proof that Nintendo is behind the times and needs to get on Microsoft's and Sony's levels in terms of online support and standards. :disapprove:

Outrider
Oct 6, 2010, 03:28 PM
I'm sure they're very concerned about your complaints from atop their castle made of money.

(That being said, the DSi allows for software updates, so it's quite likely that this will be standard moving forward.)

Tetsaru
Oct 6, 2010, 03:47 PM
I'm sure they're very concerned about your complaints from atop their castle made of money.

(That being said, the DSi allows for software updates, so it's quite likely that this will be standard moving forward.)

I sure hope so. Even if they are making money from their casual gamers and waggle controls nowadays, I just think it's wrong for them to ignore their hardcore gamer demographic and turn a blind eye to industry standards in favor of hit-or-miss innovation. I'm afraid that by not catering enough to hardcore/traditional gamers, their casual gamer demographic will remain just that - casual gamers. They'll be the kind of people who don't spend a lot of money on games (unless they end up blowing their money on mostly-useless peripherals, etc.) because they simply don't play them that much, and Nintendo will end up LOSING money in the long run for not being able to effectively compete because they've performed such a drastic market shift. So far, I don't see many gamers wanting to get into Microsoft and Sony's Natal and Move peripherals, but I guess it's still too early to pass judgment because there aren't that many titles out yet that support them. Right now, the only game I'd see myself playing with the Move is LittleBigPlanet 2, and even then, I'm not sure how involved it would be.

Outrider
Oct 6, 2010, 04:11 PM
We've been over this before. We've looked at the numbers. There are still an absurdly high number of hardcore gamers playing games on the Wii. Let's not bring this up again.

I also don't understand how you can argue about hardcore gamers having nothing to play on the Wii in a thread about a Metroid game developed by Team Ninja, but I suppose that's neither here nor there.

Tetsaru
Oct 7, 2010, 07:03 AM
We've been over this before. We've looked at the numbers. There are still an absurdly high number of hardcore gamers playing games on the Wii. Let's not bring this up again.

I also don't understand how you can argue about hardcore gamers having nothing to play on the Wii in a thread about a Metroid game developed by Team Ninja, but I suppose that's neither here nor there.

Sorry if I seem to be upsetting you. Sure, Team Ninja makes hardcore games like Ninja Gaiden, but this is the first time they've even TOUCHED the Metroid series, as far as I know. And if they're going to ruin the series by plaguing it with bugs and poor controls, and turn Samus into a dependent little girl, then that's anything BUT hardcore as far as I'm concerned... neither is Nintendo's outdated forms of player support on the matter. Maybe it's because my gaming tastes have matured since the N64/Gamecube days, but I'm glad that I stuck with my PS3 over the past couple of years.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 7, 2010, 07:21 AM
neither is Nintendo's outdated forms of player support on the matter. Maybe it's because my gaming tastes have matured since the N64/Gamecube days, but I'm glad that I stuck with my PS3 over the past couple of years.
The most hardcore are those with Nintendo Club stuff that takes many many games bought to even get near. Nintendo faithful will spend their money, don't you worry. And they'll get things in the mail you don't even know about. Nintendo knows they exist.

Its funny you say that, when PS3 has gotten some bad ports of supposed hardcore games like, say a Bayonetta, Oblivion, Fallout, etc. When if given the choice (we should all start doing that by now, console wars are nonsense - especially if you're "MATURED [spoiler](lol those caps for a "point") since your younger days" when the price entry is all around the same nowadays, games worth playing on both, STFU with this loyalty bullcrap and play what you want and don't tell anybody about it in negative manners - having to justify purchases - people like talking about it more than playing it)[/spoiler-box] and have either, people would hopefully find out and go with the 360 version.

Outrider
Oct 7, 2010, 10:29 AM
Sorry if I seem to be upsetting you. Sure, Team Ninja makes hardcore games like Ninja Gaiden, but this is the first time they've even TOUCHED the Metroid series, as far as I know. And if they're going to ruin the series by plaguing it with bugs and poor controls, and turn Samus into a dependent little girl, then that's anything BUT hardcore as far as I'm concerned... neither is Nintendo's outdated forms of player support on the matter. Maybe it's because my gaming tastes have matured since the N64/Gamecube days, but I'm glad that I stuck with my PS3 over the past couple of years.

It doesn't upset me - I'm just pointing out your hyperbole (and hypocrisy, I suppose.)

Other M certainly has its problems, but a single game-breaking bug (while embarassing) does not mean a game is "plagued" with issues. You're also redefining "hardcore games" in an illogical way to suit your purposes by saying that a game with bugs and a bad story are not for "core" gamers. Even if the term is actually just an ill-defined colloquialism, it has a generally accepted implied definition and you know that it has nothing to do with technical issues or poor writing. If an action game in a "core" franchise developed by a "core" developer that is being enjoyed by "core" players is not a "hardcore" game, then you either don't understand what the word means or you're simply complaining for the sake of complaining.

You have no first-hand knowledge of the game; you also (by your own admission) have very little second-hand knowledge of the game. Why not just accept that you might be wrong about something that you have very little experience with and be done with it?

Tetsaru
Oct 7, 2010, 01:14 PM
Other M certainly has its problems, but a single game-breaking bug (while embarassing) does not mean a game is "plagued" with issues.

If I can't even finish the game in the first place, at that point, it isn't a game to me anymore because it fails to entertain me. Also, the terms "bug" and "plague" are also loosely synonymous with each other in terms of an illness, in the same ways that a software "bug" and a computer "virus" ("virus" also being synonymous with "plague") can both prevent software from working in the manner it is intended to.

You're also redefining "hardcore games" in an illogical way to suit your purposes by saying that a game with bugs and a bad story are not for "core" gamers. Even if the term is actually just an ill-defined colloquialism, it has a generally accepted implied definition and you know that it has nothing to do with technical issues or poor writing. If an action game in a "core" franchise developed by a "core" developer that is being enjoyed by "core" players is not a "hardcore" game, then you either don't understand what the word means or you're simply complaining for the sake of complaining.

I guess I'm just complaining then. Fair enough.

You have no first-hand knowledge of the game; you also (by your own admission) have very little second-hand knowledge of the game. Why not just accept that you might be wrong about something that you have very little experience with and be done with it?

In response to this, why would I even drop money, rent or buy, on a game which I already know I won't like in the first place? I've already seen gameplay videos of it on Youtube (as well as the G4 and ScrewAttack videos I posted), as well as read several reviews on it. Throw in horrible Wii controls, and my mind's already made up. It'd be kinda like asking me if I wanted to drop money towards a 360 and a new subscription to play PSU again just because of the Supplemental Update and other "updates" PC/PS2 never had; my answer would be NO, of course not, because I don't want to financially support a game that I know hasn't significantly changed for the better. Even though you could argue that I've played PSU before and know what it's like to begin with, I could argue back that I've played other Metroid games before and know what they're like as well, enough to establish a standard for the series as a whole (same as how a lot of PSO fans were disappointed with PSU). No, I have NOT actually played Other M myself, but I find it odd how you defend it yourself when, according to these (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2533231&postcount=60) previous (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2536373&postcount=76) posts (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2549460&postcount=89), you bash it for a lot of the same reasons I have. Maybe you like it overall, that's ok by me. I'll agree that it is intended as a hardcore Wii title. BUT, that doesn't change my mind that I believe that gamers, hardcore or casual, shouldn't play Other M because it leaves a poor impression on the Metroid series as a whole. I'll just leave it at that.

The most hardcore are those with Nintendo Club stuff that takes many many games bought to even get near. Nintendo faithful will spend their money, don't you worry. And they'll get things in the mail you don't even know about. Nintendo knows they exist.

Its funny you say that, when PS3 has gotten some bad ports of supposed hardcore games like, say a Bayonetta, Oblivion, Fallout, etc. When if given the choice (we should all start doing that by now, console wars are nonsense - especially if you're "MATURED [spoiler](lol those caps for a "point") since your younger days" when the price entry is all around the same nowadays, games worth playing on both, STFU with this loyalty bullcrap and play what you want and don't tell anybody about it in negative manners - having to justify purchases - people like talking about it more than playing it)[/spoiler-box] and have either, people would hopefully find out and go with the 360 version.

I bought my PS3 back in the days when they were still $500-$600. This was also when I already had a Wii and was starting to get bored with it, and of course, during the same time, 360 RROD's were running rampant. Keep in mind, a friend of mine ended up getting a 360 one year for Christmas only to have it fail on him a few days afterwards; he promptly got a PS3 after the incident. Needless to say, back then, I had no intention of getting a 360 because of these reasons (and yes, I'm aware that the PS3 can YLOD too, although it wasn't nearly as bad a problem). And nowadays, with the 360 Elite(?) model, I most likely still will not get one, simply because there aren't any exclusive titles that really pique my interest, and more importantly, I just don't have the money to drop on one (or a Gold Membership thingy to play stuff online) in the first place, lol, especially seeing how I need a new TV. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182219) So no, I don't have the option of picking which port is better, unless it's between the PS3 and the Wii, in which case I'll most likely pick the PS3 anyway for the obvious reasons. If somehow a legit Mario, Zelda, or other similar Nintendo game got on the PS3, I'd get in a heartbeat, because nowadays, that's really all I keep my Wii for, other than playing old Gamecube games. Then, something like Other M comes along and just diminishes what little interest I have in the Wii even further. :confused:

[spoiler-box]Also, I find it odd that you think it's weird of me to use caps for emphasis on words (I highly doubt I'm the only one who does it; to me it's just easier than setting up BBCode tags for bold/italic), yet your own ID on here is in all-caps. "Just remember all caps when you spell the man's name?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewc1hixzYPY[/spoiler-box]

Outrider
Oct 7, 2010, 02:28 PM
If I can't even finish the game in the first place, at that point, it isn't a game to me anymore because it fails to entertain me.

Do you know how to recreate the bug (without looking it up)?

This doesn't happen during intended gameplay. It only occurs in one exact point of the game where the player backtracks to get to an earlier save point rather than moving forward to a save point right in their path. The average player should never even come across it.

I'd wager that almost nobody posting in this thread was even aware of the bug while playing the game until it was brought to their attention. I certainly didn't.

It's a small mistake in the level design that wound up being a problem. It's certainly an embarrassing oversight, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Also, the terms "bug" and "plague" are also loosely synonymous with each other in terms of an illness, in the same ways that a software "bug" and a computer "virus" ("virus" also being synonymous with "plague") can both prevent software from working in the manner it is intended to.

Except that "bug" is a term used in programming, and "plague" - an instance of sickness being widespread - is not only not a programming term but an absurd metaphor to use, since we are referring to a single issue. Again - this is hyperbole. I think we're all very capable of counting the number of relevant issues (1) without you not-so-subtly trying to multiply them through poor wordplay.

In response to this, why would I even drop money, rent or buy, on a game which I already know I won't like in the first place?

Because you don't know. That's my whole point.

You have made an educated guess using the information made available to you and have decided not to buy this game.

That's good.

You're also presuming that you know anything else about the game aside from other's opinions and some trailers - instead of admitting that you're just guessing.

That's bad.

No, I have NOT actually played Other M myself, but I find it odd how you defend it yourself when, according to these (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2533231&postcount=60) previous (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2536373&postcount=76) posts (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2549460&postcount=89), you bash it for a lot of the same reasons I have. Maybe you like it overall, that's ok by me. I'll agree that it is intended as a hardcore Wii title. BUT, that doesn't change my mind that I believe that gamers, hardcore or casual, shouldn't play Other M because it leaves a poor impression on the Metroid series as a whole. I'll just leave it at that.

Do keep in mind the facetious nature of those posts and the fact that my opinions warmed up to the game with each successive post.

Put 2 and 2 together and you'll realize that yes, I did indeed enjoy the game, despite the flaws. Not every game that deserves a playthrough is perfect. For comparison's sake, many classics are not without their flaws (though I can't say Metroid: Other M is a "classic".) As I've been saying, the game is more fun than it is flawed.

Maybe that doesn't sound like something you want to take a risk on, and that's your decision. It's completely fair.

However, it also means you don't really have the most valid opinion on anything being discussed here.

amtalx
Oct 7, 2010, 03:26 PM
If I can't even finish the game in the first place, at that point, it isn't a game to me anymore because it fails to entertain me. Also, the terms "bug" and "plague" are also loosely synonymous with each other in terms of an illness, in the same ways that a software "bug" and a computer "virus" ("virus" also being synonymous with "plague") can both prevent software from working in the manner it is intended to.

This made me chuckle.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 7, 2010, 08:02 PM
[spoiler-box]Also, I find it odd that you think it's weird of me to use caps for emphasis on words (I highly doubt I'm the only one who does it; to me it's just easier than setting up BBCode tags for bold/italic), yet your own ID on here is in all-caps. "Just remember all caps when you spell the man's name?"

YouTube - Madvillain - All Caps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewc1hixzYPY)[/spoiler-box]
I used to post about that masked man on here handful of times after someone got me into his sound. But I wouldn't put you in his category of a character to give you creative license to use it.

And I said last time, take it from the ALL CAPS named man (Guess I'm more DOOM, also pick Dr.DOOM in the MVC2), it doesn't apply to anywhere else in life. It only seems to happen online, which with maturity, you'll find using the quick, BBCODE versions will suit you better in the long run. They're easier elsewhere with quick button add em in and used to be easier on here, sure, but not too big a hassle and one word points does not an argument ever make. Saving time? When you are postulating something long and wordy anyway with all the time to make yourself clear? Not a text message need to get out now, do an edit, train yourself to remove a bad habit that's infamous with not making points. Doing it the normally accepted way is easily transferable back to Schoolin reports, TPS reports, e-mail correspondence, all that good stuff.

XBOX360 is the PS2 of this generation. PC/XBOX dev. synonymous then port to PS3 can be wonky in the same vein with PS3 dev port over to PC/XBOX side can be wonky. PS3 has been the weird, since the beginning black sheep. With its own hardware explode issues. "YLOD" which is what it says, not the Red Ring which is just 3 lights, 3/4tr ring. But gamers don't usually set the curve or make their own trends, opinions. Again we should all look into that.

Cynara
Oct 10, 2010, 03:15 PM
I've never played a Metroid game, although the series looks very interesting to me. I thought about buying Metroid Prime Triology to get into the series, but then I watched a few parts of an Other M Let's Play... I don't know, Other M looks very beautiful.
Is it really that different from the other games?

Nitro Vordex
Oct 10, 2010, 03:46 PM
I'd say definitely start with the Prime trilogy. Those ones were done extremely well. I haven't played Other M, besides seen gameplay videos and such. That said, I wouldn't mind playing through it, except I don't own a Wii, purely for monetary reasons. I had a lot of fun with the Prime series, except for 2, my own thing was with the ammo. Urgh that irritated me sometimes. Otherwise I loved the game immensely. The story was comprehensible and very deep, and you could always find small tidbits of information on almost anything. It really felt like you were exploring while trying to not get killed. Plus the feeling of isolation(aside from the pirates, metroids and wildlife <_>) was done very well. It wasn't like something was going to kill you when you turn around, it was the feeling that no one is around, and you know it. Like going through the Chozo Ruins in the first one, a whole civilization, and you were the only one alive(as Samus).

Anyway, get the Primes first, they are definitely one of, if not the most enjoyable part of the Metroid series.

Rust
Oct 10, 2010, 08:08 PM
Anyway, get the Primes first, they are definitely one of, if not the most enjoyable part of the Metroid series.

This.
And I'd suggest you avoid Hunters.
I think it's the poorest Metroid so far (not taking Other M into account since I haven't got to play it yet), but it might be only my opinion.

Seth Astra
Oct 10, 2010, 08:10 PM
Get Hunters if you want multiplayer. That aspect's good. Otherwise... Yeah, really poorly designed...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 10, 2010, 08:27 PM
Get Hunters if you want multiplayer. That aspect's good. Otherwise... Yeah, really poorly designed...
It always being the Single player game the whole time anyway, got caught in that reviewer trap - "If it only had mulitplayer we wouldn't have knocked off 2 points in score!!"

But Trilogy has all 3 anyway. A deal, with extras not in the individual games, someone mentioned around another thread about it.

Tetsaru
Oct 10, 2010, 09:04 PM
I've never played a Metroid game, although the series looks very interesting to me. I thought about buying Metroid Prime Triology to get into the series, but then I watched a few parts of an Other M Let's Play... I don't know, Other M looks very beautiful.
Is it really that different from the other games?

If you're new to the series, I'd suggest getting the Metroid Prime Trilogy as well. If you want to go further back to the 2D games, I'd go with Super Metroid (SNES) and Metroid Fusion (GBA).

Outrider
Oct 11, 2010, 12:02 AM
The unfortunate thing is I think Metroid Prime Trilogy was discontinued.

Which sucks because it was a cheap way to pick up all three games, but it's better in the sense that the first two Metroid Prime gamers weren't designed for motion controls, and wind up feeling a little... easy.

MP3 is much more action heavy for a reason; they know the player has more agile controls. Unfortunately, the enemies aren't nearly active enough to compensate for the new controls in the older games.

Still, definitely worth it - I'm just nitpicking.

Cynara
Oct 11, 2010, 07:10 AM
Oh, thank you very much for your advices!
I'll really start with Metroid Prime Triology then. From what you say about Other M, it seems Metroid Prime is also longer, is it? Probably a good way to brigde the time until the 3DS comes. :-)

DragonForce
Oct 11, 2010, 10:20 AM
Why would you start with prime? I would've told him to go in this order:

-Metroid: Zero Mission
-Metroid 2
-Super Metroid
-Metroid Fusion
-Prime Trilogy
-Other M

Outrider
Oct 11, 2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah, if you're looking for something that will keep you busy for a while, you can't go wrong with Metroid Prime Trilogy. It's three decently-long games, all with a variety of hidden objects to keep searching for after you've finished the main story.

Orange_Coconut
Oct 11, 2010, 01:21 PM
Oh gosh, I remember Metroid Fusion. I haven't actually been captivated by any other Metroid game. I don't know why I ended up purchasing that game, (I was never a die hard fan of the series) but I thoroughly enjoyed it. People tell me if I liked Fusion, I should check out Super Metroid because it's even better than Fusion.

Not sure if this counts as a spoiler, but I loved the feeling you got when the copy of Samus would arrive and threaten your very existence. It felt so suspenseful when she would walk across the screen while you hid for dear life.