PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to this game and these forums

Sour_Peanut
Jun 26, 2010, 11:23 AM
I was told by GameFAQS that this is a pretty active PS forum. Well, let's get right to the point, I just recently picked up this game at my local Gamestop for about 15 dollars and as soon as I got to the race selection screen, I was wondering, are CASTS hard to use for a beginner? Thanks in advance

Cruciarius
Jun 26, 2010, 11:58 AM
Casts tend to have higher ATP (attack power), so they deal more damage.

However, casts have no techs (spells), but do have traps and can see traps.

They also have some HP regen.

Kastore
Jun 26, 2010, 12:24 PM
It really depends on your play style.

I've never been comfortable with CASTs in any Phantasy Star game, and I found them just as difficult in this game. However, my brother always chooses CASTs as his first character, and he didn't seem to be having any trouble at all.

Chukie sue
Jun 26, 2010, 12:55 PM
I was told by GameFAQS that this is a pretty active PS forum. Well, let's get right to the point, I just recently picked up this game at my local Gamestop for about 15 dollars and as soon as I got to the race selection screen, I was wondering, are CASTS hard to use for a beginner? Thanks in advance

Yeah, you could definetly roll with any race without much trouble. Do you have wifi? I'd be happy to dump fweebies on you.

tigerlily
Jun 26, 2010, 01:07 PM
You will also noticed you have 5 mates in your inventory. Just sure to put mates in your 2nd palettes just to be sure. :3 The HU are generally for fighting and RA are for long range. And it depends if you like going for short range or a long range fighting.

Grimhart
Jun 26, 2010, 01:09 PM
CASTs are a great place to start off if you're completely new to the series!

Since they don't learn techniques, it's a lot less to worry about. You can just focus on getting a good weapon, learning the timing for combo/heavy attacks, and wait until later to experiment with the more advanced stuff.

CASTs have higher HP and ATP than the other races, making it a little less dangerous to jump into the fray and smack hostiles, which is what you'll most likely be doing at first regardless of what character you choose.

Jam3s
Jun 26, 2010, 05:42 PM
yeah, im sort of new to the forums myself, so rather than start another new post topic, i just posted in this one.

however, ive been reading some posts but actually made an account & started using this account just recently.

n about the cast thing, not really sure, like what one person said earlier, i guess it may depend on the players playing style in general.

either way , welcome to the forums, lol.

pkrockin
Jun 26, 2010, 08:40 PM
I agree that CASTs are a great beginner class. They are pretty good right off the bat and you don't have to worry at all about techs and PP management - just get the hardest-hitting thing you can and play the game. Toward the end of Hard mode, though, the lack of buffs, debuffs and Resta become noticeable both due to increased difficulty and maybe boredom from not having new buttons to push since level 1.

kirtblue
Jun 28, 2010, 01:44 AM
i wouldnt say casts are hard to use just different but all the races have ups and downs if your new to phantasy star i recommend just to pick a race and class and go with it if you dont like it start over and do this till you find a race class your comfortable with