PDA

View Full Version : question on a couple of rare droprates

Delow
Mar 5, 2003, 11:34 PM
I have been killing the dragon on v.hard and ult. for a while, prolly 100 times or more each. I found the dragon claw and yamato both once, but gave them away out of kindness. I have been searching again, and wondering what the hell is wrong. As stated, about 100 times each, do they just not drop often or what. Also, with the Barb. Wolf, I have been killing then like no tomorrow. No Photon Claw though. These weapons might not seem like much to you all, but I'm a collector. Kinda obsessive compulsive too, hehe, I want to have it all, no matter how rare or common, I'm sure there are some of you who understand that. But yes, my question, do they're drops rates just suck that much, or do they not drop much under Skyly. My char. I am doing this with a 119 HUcast, Skyly, 242 hours logged if that makes any difference. I just dont see how I found over 10 stags, a couple chain sawds and other such things like 10 star rares and higher, but other 9 star rares just wont drop. Maybe someone can shed a little light on this.

Another thing, with my friends Char. as host, we found 3 Custom Barriers on vhard I think episode 2 seaside was it, IN 1 RUN(caps)... its been a while, so its a lil fuzzy, think it was from meritas, the purple green and yellow ones. but my guy cant find a single db shield. with that said, my guy finds units like crazy. its a little disheartening, kinda makes your last bit of sanity just go away... especially after the BS I went through to get a BKB, being legit is a pain, but your collection makes you proud in the end, at least it does me.

Stalfos333
Mar 5, 2003, 11:49 PM
Under Redria, I get a Yamato every three runs through the forest, on average...I seem to be unusually lucky in this regard, but a hundred runs seems QUITE high.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stalfos333 on 2003-03-05 21:25 ]</font>

Cloud_01
Mar 5, 2003, 11:53 PM
True, you should have found quite a few with that many runs.

I found Musahi the first time through hard forest with my RAmarl(Viridia) and Yamato the 5th time through V.Hard Forest with my HUmar(Bluefull).

Richard
Mar 6, 2003, 07:45 AM
Oh, beating the (Sil) Dragon 100+ times and not getting the Dragon's Nail is definitely possible.

I got to Ultimate offline at level 60. I am now level 130+, and I still haven't gotten it.