PDA

View Full Version : Questions galore

Ragrappy99
Jun 28, 2010, 05:45 AM
Got this game a few days ago, can anyone answer these questions?
- Does hardly anyone play on Wi-Fi? I searched for some people and it just hung on searching, didn't find anyone.
- Are rares no longer in different coloured (red) boxes?
- As a FO, why does my PP go down so fast and Monofluid restore so little?
- Is there any way to assign the secondary palette to a different button? My R trigger is covered in sellotape to keep my DS in one piece, and at times it's really hard to press.
- Why do I have to keep fighting the same bosses over and over? I had to fight that damn Octopus three times. I mean, the whole "Octopus has returned!" quest basically made you repeat exactly what you just did on the last quest.

The last one was more of a complaint, but yeah..
If anyone can answer these, thanks.

Cruciarius
Jun 28, 2010, 09:29 AM
Lost of people play on WiFi. Either with friends of with Free Play (gets random people).

Rares are still red drops, but they're some common rares that drop, so seeing a red drop, isn't exciting.

Depends on the FO. My FOnewearl has PP regen, due to being a newman. Also has a PP recovery unit and other units to help with her PP. Depending on class and gear, you may not need fluids. If you do though, fluids are fairly common to find.

R is the only way to access the 2nd palette... sorry.

You can do quests or just go to areas. Quests give more exp, but lower drop rates. WiFi gives higher drop rates.

tigerlily
Jun 28, 2010, 05:22 PM
There is a item where it halfs the mp you used. Or try difluid or trifluid

There is a second quest you probably didn't noticed earlier. Which is the dragons quest. And for fighting the same boss over and over expecting to get a different boss, it's not going to be different that's usually the same for most games. They might get stronger when you do hard or very hard. But that's basically how it is.

Ech01
Jun 28, 2010, 05:25 PM
Got this game a few days ago, can anyone answer these questions?
- Does hardly anyone play on Wi-Fi? I searched for some people and it just hung on searching, didn't find anyone.
- Are rares no longer in different coloured (red) boxes?
- As a FO, why does my PP go down so fast and Monofluid restore so little?
- Is there any way to assign the secondary palette to a different button? My R trigger is covered in sellotape to keep my DS in one piece, and at times it's really hard to press.
- Why do I have to keep fighting the same bosses over and over? I had to fight that damn Octopus three times. I mean, the whole "Octopus has returned!" quest basically made you repeat exactly what you just did on the last quest.

The last one was more of a complaint, but yeah..
If anyone can answer these, thanks.

-Friend Codes.
-Most rare items are in red boxes.
-Rappies drop the Tech Save unit. Difficulty determines what level of unit you get. Monofluid restores 30% or 33% or something. Use Difluids and Trifluids.
-No.
-Welcome to Phantasy Star.

subversed
Jun 29, 2010, 09:32 PM
note: if a quest (in storymode) does not say "New!" next to it, you probably need to talk to some npc somewhere in town. normally this can be accomplished by either stepping outside of the guild hall or stepping into the mayor's office- OTHERWISE you can end up doing the same quest over and over and realize you're doing the same damn quest word for word over again. it's happened to my friend and yes, i laughed at him.

Tweengo
Jul 1, 2010, 07:59 AM
Not really a question, but a complaint. This game is good (I have no plans to play online, can't afford it :( ), but only 'cause I have been playing as a Human Hunter. My gripe is with the menus. Doing a level run, the quick access is good, but on a boss they are really annoying. The thing I miss is the quick access magic menu as on PS0. I'm dreading playing as a force. Does anyone else feel that the developers should have included an additional pallette for forces where you could select magic from the touchscreen by double tapping a magic icon for your currently learnt magic, and then pressing the button you want to use for it? I'm not going to enjoy playing as a force :(

Cruciarius
Jul 1, 2010, 11:00 AM
Love how others kept answering your questions after I already did. xD

@ Ragrappy99:
Yeah... the main story quests have a small story to them, but that's it. The side quests are basically chores, but the rewards aren't that bad.

@ Tweengo:
I have no problem with the quick menus. Once you know the boss weaknesses, you should have the techs setup on your palette, before getting to the boss fight next time. Even asking for boss tech tips here, would be helpful to you.