PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast: PSOv2 help please...

Tiamat
Mar 6, 2003, 04:33 AM
Hello all. I just want to find an expert on this forum and get a few questions I have cleared up!

I have a US copy of v2, but it came with no serial numbers. The ones I'm using I found on the net, and they work alright for offline play. Now, what I want to do is play online with the game and I've found somewhere I can buy an European version from. What I need to know is:

A> Can I use the "Dressing Room" bug to clear the serial number from the DC when I've got my EU version? And will this make my previous v2 saves useless? (I think it will.)

B> What is the deal with the Hunters' License and Europe? Do we pay for a license and online play, or is it all free?

C> Are any of the Euro servers even up? (I play in 60Hz anyway, so it won't make that much difference.)

Thanks beforehand for the helps...

Captain_Dude
Mar 6, 2003, 04:46 AM
On 2003-03-06 01:33, Tiamat wrote:
Hello all. I just want to find an expert on this forum and get a few questions I have cleared up!

I have a US copy of v2, but it came with no serial numbers. The ones I'm using I found on the net, and they work alright for offline play. Now, what I want to do is play online with the game and I've found somewhere I can buy an European version from. What I need to know is:

A> Can I use the "Dressing Room" bug to clear the serial number from the DC when I've got my EU version? And will this make my previous v2 saves useless? (I think it will.)

B> What is the deal with the Hunters' License and Europe? Do we pay for a license and online play, or is it all free?

C> Are any of the Euro servers even up? (I play in 60Hz anyway, so it won't make that much difference.)

Thanks beforehand for the helps...

The dressing room bug I'm pretty sure will work for clearing your serial. The game saves are gonna be rendered useless due to the fact that saves made on one serial number cant be played on another *shakes an angry fist at ST for doing this*.
I believe europe got ver2 free of charge due to the long wait they suffered, I may be confusing this with something else, but I'm fairly sure.
As for the servers... I've no idea, I can't get my bleedin dreamcast online due to the fact that I've a strictly broadband house >_< but I assume they're up. If not, well... no real help I can advise.

Tiamat
Mar 6, 2003, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the help.

I was pretty certain that I'd lose poor old Selphie if I changed my serial code. I can't even get the DC to dial-up and access the website with my US disc - let alone connect to the online games. It will work fine on my EU PSO though...

It's very difficult to get a copy of PSOv2 here in England. There are none at all in my local game shops and the only place I've seen it for sale online is a site called Gamers for £24.99.

Maybe I'm destined not to go online with this game!