PDA

View Full Version : Can't find a rare?

H34V3N
Jul 5, 2010, 12:25 AM
So i just tried to hunt a addslot and drop charts say rare Lilly at ep2 temple normal for a redria, so on my lvl121 fonewm I piped and killed 3 rare lillies, and got no drops. I read that certain chars will sometimes have rare famines so I hunted 2 more rare lillies with my lvl 102 humar (redria) also with no luck. I came up with a wild theory that maybe level affected drop rate so I made a lvl1 fomar (redria) and gave it some stuff and piped another rare Lilly which didn't drop either. I don't have any stacked items (ie. Mates/fluids) or lvl 200+ mags. Did I really just get the 1/262144 chance (1/8^6 because it has a 7/8 chance of dropping) or is there another explaination? And by the way I dont think it is the gamecube because I found 3 other rares today as well as 4 photon drops.

Dhylec
Jul 5, 2010, 02:37 PM
If your game/chars are clean then it's a matter of luck - your real luck, not the stat in the game.

H34V3N
Jul 5, 2010, 06:48 PM
If your game/chars are clean then it's a matter of luck - your real luck, not the stat in the game.

Ok, that's very depressing buts thanks for the response. I actually found it after one more rare Lilly which makes it the 7th. Is it possible that the drop chart is wrong? Maybe with a 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 chance? I've used the same drop chart all my life and I've had all my faith in it until yesterday.

HUMARS
Jul 5, 2010, 08:48 PM
The drop chart isnt wrong its just that "fate" wasnt on your side. It took my friend 50 hidebears befor he got the hildy head, also my other friend found the wals first time he kiled a hildy and he didnt even have to pipe for it

Nitro Vordex
Jul 6, 2010, 01:47 AM
Don't think of the drop charts as every 8 kills will get you one rare. Think of it more as a dice roll. 1/6 drop chart= 6 sided die. Lands on 1, you get the rare. Lands on anything else, ya don't.

H34V3N
Jul 10, 2010, 01:58 PM
Don't think of the drop charts as every 8 kills will get you one rare. Think of it more as a dice roll. 1/6 drop chart= 6 sided die. Lands on 1, you get the rare. Lands on anything else, ya don't.

Yes I know. Thats why I calculated probability. If it really is 7/8 then its like rolling an 8-sided dice and landing on the 8, being the number I don't get it, 6 times. The probability is still 1/262144 no matter how you look at it that I would miss 6 times with a 7/8 probability.

noh
Jul 24, 2010, 11:10 PM
6 times in a row for 1/8 chance is extremely far-fetched. Perhaps the drop chart is just wrong.

SStrikerR
Jul 25, 2010, 12:32 AM
It's true. The rates in our database aren't exact. Personally, I think the 7/8 drop rates are more along the lines of a 1/2 chance. Missing that 6 times is statistically improbable, but it happens. The numbers make it seem a lot worse than it really is. Either way, your luck is pretty crappy.