PDA

View Full Version : GC HUnewearl Gear

disune
Jul 5, 2010, 05:30 PM
Hello! I've been playing PSO for a very long time and recently started up again but I'm at a standstill when it comes to gear. I'm a level 124(?) HUnewearl (Yellowboze), I'm an offline player so I don't have any EP2 quests or downloaded quests. My frame/shield gear in general is stuck at level 67ish and I think I really need to upgrade especially at this level.

Can anybody recommend items for my character? Frame, shield, even weapons and mag would be nice :)

I also don't currently have internet so I probably won't be able to reply very fast u.u

-------------------updated

Well here's just a list of what I'm currently wearing/using:

Yamato (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=283)
Red Handgun (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=178)
Flowen's Sword (AUW-3084) (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=505)

Kasami Bracer (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=239)
Shield of Delsaber (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=135&sortby=name) (vs "Megid/Dark throwers")

Units:
I almost always have these on me under normal circumstances.

God/Arm (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=147)
Elf/Arm++ (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=363&sortby=name)
Master/Ability (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=374&sortby=name)
Misc. Unit.

And I think that's it...

Splash
Jul 5, 2010, 06:09 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=9&version=v3

Search for a Guard Wave, Caves Ob Lily. Or search for a Luminous Field, Forest Hildelt.

If you only have normal PSO EP1 and 2, you won't be able to access the Control Tower monsters.

Some of them:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2035

H34V3N
Jul 10, 2010, 02:08 PM
Well, splash got the frame/armors covered lol...

Shield: I'd suggest Secret Gear. It is only lvl 41 but it is the best shield (in my opinion) until a lot high levels.

Weapons: A demolition comet (staff), dragon slayer (sword), and a diska of braveman (diska). These are all quite easy to get.

Mag: I'm not sure if you use spells a lot, because most Hunters stop casting in ultimate (I'm assuming that's where you are), so I would suggest a power/dex mag. A good one is Nidra (My HUcast is currently using one) with stats 5 DEF, 145 POW, 50 DEX, 0 MIND. To make it a Nidra (rare mag with very good buffs) at level 100 it needs to be 5 DEF, 50 POW, 45 DEX, so that DEF+DEX=POW+MIND.

disune
Jul 13, 2010, 04:47 PM
Oops, I'm not level 112 but 120, my bad D:

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=9&version=v3

Search for a Guard Wave, Caves Ob Lily. Or search for a Luminous Field, Forest Hildelt.

If you only have normal PSO EP1 and 2, you won't be able to access the Control Tower monsters.

Some of them:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2035

Awesome, thank you! I was looking through the frame and armor section but there's just so many and I wasn't sure which one would be best for me.

Well, splash got the frame/armors covered lol...

Shield: I'd suggest Secret Gear. It is only lvl 41 but it is the best shield (in my opinion) until a lot high levels.

Weapons: A demolition comet (staff), dragon slayer (sword), and a diska of braveman (diska). These are all quite easy to get.

Mag: I'm not sure if you use spells a lot, because most Hunters stop casting in ultimate (I'm assuming that's where you are), so I would suggest a power/dex mag. A good one is Nidra (My HUcast is currently using one) with stats 5 DEF, 145 POW, 50 DEX, 0 MIND. To make it a Nidra (rare mag with very good buffs) at level 100 it needs to be 5 DEF, 50 POW, 45 DEX, so that DEF+DEX=POW+MIND.
At the moment I use Revival Garment but that does seem slightly better especially since the hp regeneration is just sad and useless, I think I may have some Secret Gear on another one of my characters. I'll nab it off of him and try it out.

I used to bring Dragon Slayer with me and I love it but I don't find myself using it a lot where there's not mobs of monsters but I always seemed to gravitate towards Yamato (maxed) because I can take out most mobs on Ultimate with one combo system. Is there perhaps another 5-hit weapon/dagger/sword that's better than the Yamato? I was looking into my dagger collection but they don't seem to be as good at a glance. I also bring a Red Handgun (Ob Lilies) just in case.

Yep, never use spells besides buffs/debuffs and the Gizonde for boxes XD I see you don't have DEF on your mag? Is that stat useless? Currently I'm raising a Savitri, it has all the "good" attacks (no Golla yay) but no buffs which is good because I don't need them since I have my own. But PB attacks seem a little useless on Ultimate since they don't seem to hit for a lot. Anyways... I was raising it to be about even, I wanted POW and DEX to be a little higher but... so far it's about 32 DEF, 44 POW, 36 DEX, 31 MIND, (I've just been feeding it nothing but star atomizers) does that mean I should just focus on POW and DEX and nothing else?

--------------------

Well here's just a list of what I'm currently wearing/using:

Yamato (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=283)
Red Handgun (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=178)
Flowen's Sword (AUW-3084) (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=505)

Kasami Bracer (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=239)
Shield of Delsaber (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=135&sortby=name) (vs "Megid/Dark throwers")

Units:
I almost always have these on me under normal circumstances.

God/Arm (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=147)
Elf/Arm++ (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=363&sortby=name)
Master/Ability (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=374&sortby=name)
Misc. Unit.

And I think that's it...

*Is Devil/Battle useful? I know it speeds up the natural swing/shoot speed but I usually use Simple/Normal/Normal(?) attacks and I know that Normal/Hard attacks "charge" which it doesn't affect charge time but it does affect the actual swing/shoot time. Since Simple attacks require no charging I find that it speeds that up tremendously. So I'm asking is if the Devil/Battles are worth using for me?

Sorry if that was confusing :x

Ce'Nedra
Jul 14, 2010, 03:04 AM
First of all the battle units don't stack so equiping 2 doesn't help. Secondly only god/battle is worth it to use, you barely notice diffrence with Devil/Battle. Unlucky for you though, God/Battle is a Redria only drop so unless you make a Redria and have him hunt Hildets in Ultimate Forest, you won't be able to get it at all.

Red Handgun sure is a keeper for now. You might wanna hunt a Red Saber and a Luminous Field in forest. Also replacing that MAster/Ability with the Pal Rappies Hero/Ability would be a nice addition. If you can handle caves and specially their boss, i suggest you hunt a Red Sword dropped by Melqueeks (i know its a tough one for yellowboze but it's worth it) and a Holy Ray form the boss, to replace that Red Handgun (assuming you got 680 mst to equip the holy ray). Sange is also a easier to get drop (Mil LIly caves) and it's rather decent to use untill you get something better. It's a Katana and only strikes one foe but it's a good starting weapon.

Now if i were you, go to temple and kill Ob Liliy's and pray that they drop their FLowen Sword with hit. It has spirit on it and is the strongest sword a HUnewearl can get damage wise as far as i know (maybe charge calibur?). WHile add it you can also hope a Hildetorr drops and gives you a Fligt Cutter, a rather decent Slicer.

Hope this helps you a bit. YOu can always check the drop charts for other stuff you might like, i just noted a few that are good choices at your level.

Sienna
Jul 14, 2010, 12:28 PM
Ah, if only there were Adepts on GC. I would have loved the TP reduction for spirit.

disune
Jul 14, 2010, 12:48 PM
First of all the battle units don't stack so equiping 2 doesn't help. Secondly only god/battle is worth it to use, you barely notice diffrence with Devil/Battle. Unlucky for you though, God/Battle is a Redria only drop so unless you make a Redria and have him hunt Hildets in Ultimate Forest, you won't be able to get it at all.

Red Handgun sure is a keeper for now. You might wanna hunt a Red Saber and a Luminous Field in forest. Also replacing that MAster/Ability with the Pal Rappies Hero/Ability would be a nice addition. If you can handle caves and specially their boss, i suggest you hunt a Red Sword dropped by Melqueeks (i know its a tough one for yellowboze but it's worth it) and a Holy Ray form the boss, to replace that Red Handgun (assuming you got 680 mst to equip the holy ray). Sange is also a easier to get drop (Mil LIly caves) and it's rather decent to use untill you get something better. It's a Katana and only strikes one foe but it's a good starting weapon.

Now if i were you, go to temple and kill Ob Liliy's and pray that they drop their FLowen Sword with hit. It has spirit on it and is the strongest sword a HUnewearl can get damage wise as far as i know (maybe charge calibur?). WHile add it you can also hope a Hildetorr drops and gives you a Fligt Cutter, a rather decent Slicer.

Hope this helps you a bit. YOu can always check the drop charts for other stuff you might like, i just noted a few that are good choices at your level.

Thank you for clearing that up for me! I can free up some space then and put in some different units ^^ I think I wanted to make a Redria anyways, don't they get the most high level shields/frames? Or maybe I'm thinking of a different section ID...

I have a couple Red Sabers but haven't used it, is it really that good? Or I could try it out myself and see... Seems like all of the Red weapons are great weapons to use. Dal Ral Lie has never dropped anything for me and I hate him for it... Guess I'll have to keep on trucking through the dreaded Caves.

Well, I have two of those too! I have tons of grinders taking up all of my storage space and now I have something worth using them on... Yay \o/

-----------------

Now I have items to work for :) Thanks everybody for your help and feel free to continue to suggest things for myself (and other HUnewearls).

H34V3N
Jul 16, 2010, 03:02 PM
Thank you for clearing that up for me! I can free up some space then and put in some different units ^^ I think I wanted to make a Redria anyways, don't they get the most high level shields/frames? Or maybe I'm thinking of a different section ID...

I have a couple Red Sabers but haven't used it, is it really that good? Or I could try it out myself and see... Seems like all of the Red weapons are great weapons to use. Dal Ral Lie has never dropped anything for me and I hate him for it... Guess I'll have to keep on trucking through the dreaded Caves.

Well, I have two of those too! I have tons of grinders taking up all of my storage space and now I have something worth using them on... Yay \o/

-----------------

Now I have items to work for :) Thanks everybody for your help and feel free to continue to suggest things for myself (and other HUnewearls).

Here's what my HUcast uses atm if you're interested:

Demolition Comet - trying to update but its hard...
50hit vulcan - still cant find a charge 1 with high hit lol
dragon slayer - trying to get a vjaya (charge special)...currently i have 999999 in bank and 999999 in inventory so i have to drop all my meseta in the town before going anywhere...
guard wave
god/battle
2x god/arm
god/power
secret gear - trying to get a DF field but its rare lol

And btw, the Demolition Comet is 1 of the best offline 1v1 weapons in my opinion. It is stronger than the yamato (which i used to use), also has a 5-hit combo (2, 1, 3), and the special is nice if you have high accuracy (personally i dont use it much)

About the mag: the reason i think def is useless on a mag is because it works like this (sorry if you know already):
Mag stats:
1 def=1 def
1 pow=2 atp
2 dex=1 ata
1 mind=2 mst
Materials stats:
def mat=2 def
pow mat=2 atp
mind mat=2 mst

so as you see eating def mats is a lot better than def on a mag, so you should save you mat usage for def mats (because its worse to get def from the mag) and evp mats (because you cant get it from your mag), which using your mag for things like atp, ata (because there isnt a mat for it), and mst (though not recommended until maxing stats at 200 because you dont cast much as you said). Another thing to consider is which slot is better. 1 god/power=50 atp=25 lvls on your mag, while 1 god/arm=15 ata=30 lvls on your mag. This means that it is better to wear arms slots and put power on your mag than to have high dex on your mag and use power slots. My suggestion on your mag is to try to keep the def on it as low as possible until you're lvl 200 and trying to max your stats. You might not build just like my HUcast's mag because it has 0 mind (because he's a droid =p) but id suggest making it similar if you dont use techs often.

H34V3N
Jul 16, 2010, 03:21 PM

Yea, he's right about the battles, but I actually wouldnt suggest flowen's sword over dragon slayer because it is a lot weaker. I know this because I was running the ultimate rappy quest with my fomar to get xp (lvled 69-80 doing this, avg 2k xp per min, 12k per run in 5-6 minutes), and i got 38 flowen's swords (1/64 from a ultimate rappy, whitil), which you might think made me happy but because it isnt as good as the dragon slayer, and my bank maxed out so i NPC-ed all of them except the 1 with the highest attribute % (sadly none had hit% either)

SStrikerR
Jul 16, 2010, 05:18 PM
There's more than 1 type of Flowen's sword, heaven. DT is talking about the "real" version of the Flowen's Sword ('84 model, I think?) It is much stronger and it's special is great. The flowen's swords you got weren't the right model.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 17, 2010, 11:02 AM
There's more than 1 type of Flowen's sword, heaven. DT is talking about the "real" version of the Flowen's Sword ('84 model, I think?) It is much stronger and it's special is great. The flowen's swords you got weren't the right model.

3084 indeed, has Spirit special which is really good on a HUNewearl. Sacrifice a bit of TP for double damage.

@disune: Red Saber's are decent to begin with at low level.

If you were to make a Redria i'd like to point you out to look for Red Slimes once you hit Ultimate. They have the change to drop the strongest saber in game, Lavis Cannon, and it's the easiest drop for it. Note that this weapon is considered an uber (short for very very rare i guess). It's really worth your time, even if you don't like sabers. You can change it into a Dagger and finnaly a Double Saber type, at least if you can get your hands on the just as rare Syncesta which you need for it.

I could name down countless of items for use for HUnewearls lol, i got 3 HUnewearls myself, each with a own set of equips, unique from each other.

First try get these items, once you get a few and can handle more area's i'll give you advice for the nexr few weps to look out for :)

disune
Aug 2, 2010, 02:43 PM

dragon slayer - trying to get a vjaya (charge special)...currently i have 999999 in bank and 999999 in inventory so i have to drop all my meseta in the town before going anywhere...
guard wave
god/battle
2x god/arm
god/power

And btw, the Demolition Comet is 1 of the best offline 1v1 weapons in my opinion. It is stronger than the yamato (which i used to use), also has a 5-hit combo (2, 1, 3), and the special is nice if you have high accuracy (personally i dont use it much)

About the mag: the reason i think def is useless on a mag is because it works like this (sorry if you know already):
Mag stats:
1 def=1 def
1 pow=2 atp
2 dex=1 ata
1 mind=2 mst
Materials stats:
def mat=2 def
pow mat=2 atp
mind mat=2 mst

so as you see eating def mats is a lot better than def on a mag, so you should save you mat usage for def mats (because its worse to get def from the mag) and evp mats (because you cant get it from your mag), which using your mag for things like atp, ata (because there isnt a mat for it), and mst (though not recommended until maxing stats at 200 because you dont cast much as you said). Another thing to consider is which slot is better. 1 god/power=50 atp=25 lvls on your mag, while 1 god/arm=15 ata=30 lvls on your mag. This means that it is better to wear arms slots and put power on your mag than to have high dex on your mag and use power slots. My suggestion on your mag is to try to keep the def on it as low as possible until you're lvl 200 and trying to max your stats. You might not build just like my HUcast's mag because it has 0 mind (because he's a droid =p) but id suggest making it similar if you dont use techs often.

Awesome thanks! I also have a Skyly on Ult so I'll try getting that Dem. Comet *u*

I just ended up throwing mats onto my character because I didn't know there was a limit/how exactly they worked. Sometimes I wish they would put that kind of stuff in the manual >.> But it doesn't seem like a deal breaker so I think I'm okay (I have great luck since I seemed to find luck mats a lot).

disune
Aug 2, 2010, 02:45 PM
3084 indeed, has Spirit special which is really good on a HUNewearl. Sacrifice a bit of TP for double damage.

@disune: Red Saber's are decent to begin with at low level.

If you were to make a Redria i'd like to point you out to look for Red Slimes once you hit Ultimate. They have the change to drop the strongest saber in game, Lavis Cannon, and it's the easiest drop for it. Note that this weapon is considered an uber (short for very very rare i guess). It's really worth your time, even if you don't like sabers. You can change it into a Dagger and finnaly a Double Saber type, at least if you can get your hands on the just as rare Syncesta which you need for it.

I could name down countless of items for use for HUnewearls lol, i got 3 HUnewearls myself, each with a own set of equips, unique from each other.

First try get these items, once you get a few and can handle more area's i'll give you advice for the nexr few weps to look out for :)

Alright, thanks! I'll be sure to let you know x)

FoCaster
Aug 8, 2010, 02:35 PM

guard wave
god/battle
2x god/arm
god/power

Mag stats:
1 def=1 def
1 pow=2 atp
2 dex=1 ata
1 mind=2 mst
Materials stats:
def mat=2 def
pow mat=2 atp
mind mat=2 mst

Might I suggest looking for an Asuka to replace the Yamato? I'm also a HUCast player. With your current weapons, how do you deal with long range? I'm using a Red Handgun, but HUCasts don't have enough ATA for handguns to be effective.

As an afterthought... what are Del Lillies, Epsilon, etc?? o.O

http://www.pso-world.com/beastiary.php?location=7&artid=341&version=v3

Del Lillies, Epsilon, Ill Gill, etc. appear only in the Control Tower, which is only accessed via online quests, PSO+ Ep 2 quests, or challenge mode. The Control Tower offers quite the array of monsters. If only you could play it in multi-mode outside of quests...

disune
Aug 19, 2010, 02:04 PM
Woo, got lucky and got a Kasami's Bracer from my first Sinow Blue whilst breezing through quests (so I can have all available at once). Now if only I could get some stinkin' frames u.u;; Well, technically I did get a Stink Frame (my first)... while playing V.Hard Seabed with my brother, first Morfos too. Then we got like 2 more after that and then it wasn't so exciting. Olga Flow was not fun at all... multiplayer is so much harder (my brother wasn't much use, he was in his 90's and a HUcast) but we eventually got it done... barely.

My brother gave me his God/Arm since he doesn't use it. \o/ Still haven't managed to nab any frames (besides the Stink Frames, yuck). I haven't played in a while but I'll keep trying. :<

And I cannot thank you guys enough for recommending me that Flowen's Sword, I love it!

EDIT: For the sake of curiosity, was is the real version of DB's Saber (3077?)? Who was DB?

doubleEXP
Sep 14, 2010, 10:04 PM
I find with HUnewearls that all I really *need* is a mechgun with 50% hit (for single targets and flyers) and a good sword weapon (for crowds). Other weapons are cool and worth experimenting with, but single target pwnage and crowd-slapping are the staples. A lot of other weapons look cool, and may even do great damage and/or have great animations, but pound-for-pound nothing beats mechguns with high hit% if you have god/battle when it comes to a single target. Especially since you can launch into your attack from medium range. As your timing improves with the mechguns you'll use them almost all the time unless there are three or more creatures right on top of you.

For HUne's it seems our biggest weakness is ATA, so I'm praying a Gulgus Gue decides to be nice to me one day and drop me a God Arm.

My Skyly HUne is currently 131 and uses:
Red Sword (only has 30% A.Beasts)
Vulcans (50% hit)
Brightness Circle
God Battle
God Power
Elf Arms ++
Elf Arms +
Standstill Shield
Rati (145 pow, 50 dex)

If I can ever find a God Arm then I'll get my Redria RAmarl to hunt me down one more God Power.

And, of course, I'm still hoping to find a Red Sword with sick hit%.

This works well for me at the moment though in ult forest, caves, and mines.

I am curious if other players use other weapons with their HUne's besides a sword-type (or partisan-type) and mechguns. If so, tell me about how you use them during your runs please!

I have a nice demo comet (30% hit and other %'s) but I can't seem to make myself use it over my mechguns, since the range is so limited.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 18, 2010, 04:15 PM
Am I the only one that has a different sit up for certain areas?

I use level 20 rafoie, + rafoie merge with 50 hit charge vulcans for mines. When set up a build to max MST (sacrificing some luck, EVP, and ATP), you can take down most enemies before they get close.

Add in a 50 hit diska of liberator with machine % for the lulz, and you can cruise through mines.

Saffran
Oct 18, 2010, 09:03 PM
Maxing MST is really not worth the trouble. You will get more damage increase from a merge than from 1000 extra MST, and the Hune only has 1100 ish to begin with.

Espescially on GC where it is impossible to max all stats on a hunewearl.

But hey, to each his own.