PDA

View Full Version : PSOW Play with a GM session - July 7th at 7 PM Pacific

RubyEclipse
Jul 7, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hey everyone,

It's admittedly been a while since I played PSU for fun (or even for work), but I'd like to do so tonight to catch up with some old friends and also answer some questions for people. I've talked with Edward a bit and gotten up to speed on the latest in terms of the updates, so you're welcome to ask questions on that front too.

I'll be running at the Paracabana Coast on Phoenix (07), doing some SEED Express. If there are a lot of people there, I'll switch out parties each run to answer more questions and spread the love a bit. If only a few people are there, we can run for a couple hours or until people decide to stop.

So, the meetup will be on the seventh day of the seventh month at seven PM pacific on the seventh server. I kind of just picked today randomly, but it's a fun coincidence. ;)

Hope to see some of you there!

Ruby

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 7, 2010, 07:12 PM
So, the meetup will be on the seventh day of the seventh month at seven PM pacific on the seventh server. I kind of just picked today randomly, but it's a fun coincidence. ;)

Hope to see some of you there!

Ruby
777-7 ?!

Looks like we get to add the Shenmue Slot House Capsule toy prize to our bag. One more step towards 100% completion.

RubyEclipse
Jul 7, 2010, 07:14 PM
777-7 ?!

Looks like we get to add the Shenmue Slot House Capsule toy prize to our bag. One more step towards 100% completion.
Haha. Oh, and check your messages on the SEGA Boards - just sent you a reply!

xBladeM6x
Jul 7, 2010, 07:24 PM
Oh hey Ruby!

Well I'll definitely be in attendance. :-D

BIG OLAF
Jul 7, 2010, 07:32 PM
Hey Ruby,

I'll be there (unless I forget :wacko:). I hope it won't be too crowded. Probably won't be unless you posted this message on the official forums as well.

EDIT: Ruby, be prepared to be bombed with hate mail and ten billion (rough estimate) messages regarding "OMG when R we gon get Suplimential Updeat?" if there's a large showing.

xBladeM6x
Jul 7, 2010, 07:34 PM
Hey Ruby,

I'll be there (unless I forget ). I hope it won't be too crowded. Probably won't be unless you posted this message on the official forums as well.
When I looked, I don't believe he did. If he did I'm just blind then. :wacko:

EDIT: Ruby, be prepared to be bombed with hate mail and ten billion messages regarding "OMG when R we gon get Suplimential Updeat?" If there's a large showing.
I think that's why It might be a better idea to not post it on those forums since, chances are, the OMFGComplainers will use it as a chance to bombard Ruby with pointless messages. :P

Cloudstrife xx
Jul 7, 2010, 07:35 PM
Oh hey Ruby!

Well I'll definitely be in attendance. :-D
Oh me too!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 7, 2010, 07:37 PM
Boy those 777 jackpots were super rare, never happened ever. And then instead of the Slot Machine they might give you a Cherry toy. But you already had a cherry!

That Shenmue Atmospheric-Action-RPG had its own Mini-game endless grind going on there.

-

Have fun Online with Ruby, everyone that makes it out.

You can also probably direct half the load of questions to GM Edward for possible answers and not pull Ruby 40 different ways at once.

RubyEclipse
Jul 7, 2010, 07:39 PM
I am getting pulled into a video conference with Sonic Team. Might be just a little late, I will update as soon as I get out. :)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 7, 2010, 07:49 PM
I am getting pulled into a video conference with Sonic Team. Might be just a little late, I will update as soon as I get out. :)
Space Michael <-diff from regular posthumous Mike showed up with Space Ch.5 Ulala, last second?!

The perks of SEGAmerica... baby

-

Or SO(f)America.

RubyEclipse
Jul 7, 2010, 09:33 PM
Finally out and on my way home. Should be online before 8 PM Pacific. :)

Sorry for the wait!

Max B
Jul 8, 2010, 04:04 AM
Maybe next time.^^

RubyEclipse
Jul 8, 2010, 04:14 AM
It was fun. Thanks to everyone who showed up and ran some missions tonight!

ThePendragon
Jul 8, 2010, 11:35 AM
I showed up, but you looked like you were busy and I was alone, so I didn't bother you. Did anyone get any good info?

Ethateral
Jul 8, 2010, 01:10 PM
I don't know, I asked him if they'd ever implement anything like "Rare Candies" into our game. He said he didn't know. :< You know how much money Segac would make off that if they were GC things? Lol...

(This was a joke as I was trying not to laugh while saying it over the mic last night)

ThePendragon
Jul 8, 2010, 01:24 PM
I think the only thing that everyone really wants to know is, when.

TheAstarion
Jul 8, 2010, 06:41 PM
D'aaaaaaaaaw I was at work! I didn't get to ask about Acromasters, or why Wartechers don't have 40 (to be GAS- upgraded to 50) skills, or why Tails didn't send anyone his card...

... Oh well. GM Q&A time is always cool, hope to be there for next time!

xBladeM6x
Jul 9, 2010, 07:39 PM
You should post it on the official forums next time.
I really hope that's a joke. :sleepy:

Ethateral
Jul 9, 2010, 08:19 PM
Some people like myself NEVER go on this site. This is the first time I've come here in like 2 weeks, while I'm on the officials 24/7.

Just sayin'.

I think he was saying that for the purpose of that those runs with Ruby, would end up with people complaining left and right. No runs would be done and nothing would be enjoyable. :l

BIG OLAF
Jul 9, 2010, 09:38 PM
Ruby told us during our run with him that he thought it would be a nice gesture to the folks at PSOW forums. The official forum community doesn't always have to be involved with everything.

This was a nice, relaxed meet-up with a GM, without all the riffraff. I, honestly, hope that Ruby (and Edward, too) do this a lot more.

Max B
Jul 10, 2010, 05:27 AM
You should post it on the official forums next time.
I think the name of the thread should make you realize why he did not post it on the official forums.
Title says"PSOW Play with a GM session" the word you want to pay close attention to is PSOW.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 10, 2010, 05:35 AM
People definitely addicted edge of their seat awaiting "the news" or "any news" or "brand new news" - surely someone on both sites could have relayed it. Users asking, Hey check this out "quote from Ruby From other MAJOR PSU forum" anybody going to make it out?

As news exchange gets passed around, trickle down that goes on PSU official first, quoted brought over here, get everyone or most all players informed as possible. The exact same way.

As well, there's always a next time. Hopefully sooner for Ruby to join you guys online, show him some good times and runs while he answers (all the) questions as he can.

It's admittedly been a while since I played PSU for fun (or even for work),
From that,

Didn't seem to be a work requirement but he wanted to see the community, you guys in any form:

If there are a lot of people there, I'll switch out parties each run to answer more questions and spread the love a bit. If only a few people are there, we can run for a couple hours or until people decide to stop.

Seemed conducive to bigger groups as well with that.

-

But seeing dude in person, yesterday, different perspective of yes not some corp machine, but definitely head on straight - right guy for the job, at times the only guy you see and thus "burn/stone the messenger."

Healthy respect should be reciprocated.

Cleptomaniac
Jul 10, 2010, 02:33 PM
Ruby told us during our run with him that he thought it would be a nice gesture to the folks at PSOW forums. The official forum community doesn't always have to be involved with everything.

This was a nice, relaxed meet-up with a GM, without all the riffraff. I, honestly, hope that Ruby (and Edward, too) do this a lot more.

You're right! Why should the forum for the game be notified that the GM for the game is playing ON THE GAME?
Silly me for thinking that.

BIG OLAF
Jul 10, 2010, 03:16 PM
You're right! Why should the forum for the game be notified that the GM for the game is playing ON THE GAME?

It was Ruby's choice. He told us that himself. Also, refer to Max's post:

Title says"PSOW Play with a GM session" the word you want to pay close attention to is PSOW.

Thanks for just having to be unnecessarily rude, though.

xBladeM6x
Jul 10, 2010, 04:12 PM
They shouldn't when that part of the community is going to just ask 10x more questions about "Why this? Why that Ruby? Waaaa I want my updates Ruby!", than actually play the game.

Kion
Jul 10, 2010, 04:24 PM
Would have been fun to play a few laid backs runs, but I'm not on 360. But to pose a question; is there any hints or info at a new console phantasy star or what the tenth year anniversary will bring?

Lolitron
Jul 10, 2010, 05:36 PM
Would have been fun to play a few laid backs runs, but I'm not on 360. But to pose a question; is there any hints or info at a new console phantasy star or what the tenth year anniversary will bring?

SEGA likes to announce when they'll make an announcement for other announcements. No idea.