PDA

View Full Version : The Death of a Hero.

MonkeyFunky
Mar 6, 2003, 01:20 PM
when i was a kid, there was a movie that all kids had to see... its tv show
was at the height of its popularity, and it was finally time to make it into
an even more popular full length feature. every kid on my block went to go
and see it... all except for me, who had strict, untrusting parents. I felt
like the only unprivelaged kid in the neighborhood who didn't get to see
it. needless to say, as good as the movie was, everyone raved about it. thay
all talked about their favorite parts of the movie...

all except one part... the part that i didn't find out about till much, much
later...

my cousin found the movie at a video store months later, and we popped it
right into our VCR once we got home. I was ecstatic that i was finally able
to see it... maybe not on the big screen, but it was better than not seeing
it at all.

the bad guys were giving the good guys a run for their money. actually the
good guys were getting their asses kicked. After an intense battle, the
leader of each side finally faced off in a no-holds-barred one on one fight
to the death... fists clenched, i tensed up and i saw my favorite leader of
all time get pummelled by the most sinister being in the universe! i cheered
as he turned the tables and knocked the crap out of this rat bastard, and
finally... my hero had won. Horray!

all was well until a juvenile from the good team interfered, and the tables
were turned again. the bad man had a hostage. stupid kid. I then gasped as i
saw the unthinkable happen... my hero was shot several times by his arch
enemy, all because of that stupid kid.

i watched it like it was happening in slow motion... I saw him shaking as he
tried to pick up his weakened body. and then i saw him as he delivered a
final blow... the MOST THUNDEROUS blow to his enemy as i have EVER seen. one
last blaze of glory...

unfortunately...

i saw him as he told his comrades not to be sad... i saw him as he turned
from his proud red color into a sad dark grey... i saw him as he closed his
eyes for one final time...

(sobbing softly)

Optimus Prime... my hero... i'll miss you.

R -3/1/01(revised)

Davion
Mar 6, 2003, 01:26 PM
I remember that. My heart died with him.

FinalMasterM
Mar 6, 2003, 01:27 PM
On 2003-03-06 10:20, MonkeyFunky wrote:
the bad guys were giving the good guys a run for their money. actually the
good guys were getting their asses kicked

That gave it all away, but you have to relize why the Autobots were losing, it was because the Decepticons owned most of the energon.

And technically, Megatron lost also.

Atari
Mar 6, 2003, 03:28 PM
and technically optimus didnt die
and neither did megatron
so you can be happy now

Kemon
Mar 6, 2003, 05:21 PM
i want it back no more 2d cartoons!

Subliminalgroove
Mar 6, 2003, 07:35 PM
I cried. The first time I saw that movie, I missed the 5 minutes after his death as a result of my sobs.

One of the saddest moments of my childhood.

And Hotrod was stupid. Why did he get the matrix? He turns into a winnabego with a flame-job. I mean, that's just weak.

RuneLateralus
Mar 6, 2003, 07:48 PM
That was one of the saddest things I saw in a kids cartoon.

*sniff* Prime...

Gartywood
Mar 6, 2003, 07:54 PM
Rodimus Prime. Stupidest name ever
Optimus Prime IS such the man its not even funny how much ass he kicks

raiden999
Mar 6, 2003, 08:03 PM
must............watch............

JohnCable
Mar 6, 2003, 08:14 PM
What made ME cry in that movie was that Orson Welles was slumming it up real bad.

However, the scene where Optimus Prime was killed gave me a mean, just totally angry red erection. And I was 8 years old at the time.

Let it be said here now and forever: the Transformers turned me on to S&M. Optimus Prime's death scene: hot as hell.

And no, I'm not making this up. It's true because that was probably the intention of that whole scene in the first place. Just like those Godzilla movies when Godzilla and Jet Jaguar would get wailed on repeatedly for a straight half hour. A scene that invoked sweaty feety-pajama clad prepubescent erections.

Subliminalgroove
Mar 6, 2003, 08:19 PM
On 2003-03-06 17:14, JohnCable wrote:
What made ME cry in that movie was that Orson Welles was slumming it up real bad.

However, the scene where Optimus Prime was killed gave me a mean, just totally angry red erection. And I was 8 years old at the time.

Let it be said here now and forever: the Transformers turned me on to S&M. Optimus Prime's death scene: hot as hell.

And no, I'm not making this up. It's true because that was probably the intention of that whole scene in the first place. Just like those Godzilla movies when Godzilla and Jet Jaguar would get wailed on repeatedly for a straight half hour. A scene that invoked sweaty feety-pajama clad prepubescent erections.

ummmmmmmm . . . http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Atari
Mar 6, 2003, 08:33 PM
what whats wrong with hot rod, i mean he was no optimus but you would rather have the matrix in ultra magnus, please he is lame, or springer?
hot rod was a good choice, he learned from his mistakes and was there when he needed to be, he was like a young optimus, optimus was prob the same back in the day
also hot rod had only the best intentions when he was stopping megatron. why did he get the matrix you ask because ultra magnus was such a crappy leader hot rod took control, then he kicked galvatrons ass and then took the matrix, can any autobot open the matrix no, only the best of the best such as hot rod, so stop trashing him

Subliminalgroove
Mar 6, 2003, 08:39 PM
Dude... he's a winnabego. A WINNABEGO! A recreational vehicle! He is a pud.

you know who would have rocked with the matrix. . . Grimlock. Or Swoop. That would be great.

JohnCable
Mar 6, 2003, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I bet you like hot rod. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/hotdog.gif

Cylene
Mar 6, 2003, 08:59 PM
Grimlock was the best! Grimlock smash!
Mmmm..I gotta watch that movie again. I still can't find the episode I recorded with Sky Fire in it. That was my favorite episode ever. And I can't find it. *sob*
...Optimus Prime was really cool too.

Guntz348
Mar 6, 2003, 09:17 PM
I said it more then once, that scene mad me cry my 8 year old eyes out. Grimlock would definatly rock with the matrix. I think I'm gonna have to watch some DVD's now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Atari
Mar 6, 2003, 10:21 PM
to bad grimlock was a complete moron and he would not know how to lead the autobots, he would just kill them all
in the movie grimlock is outsmarted by a kid

Gartywood
Mar 6, 2003, 10:58 PM
Dinobots=best invention ever

Subliminalgroove
Mar 7, 2003, 01:33 AM
On 2003-03-06 19:21, Atari wrote:
to bad grimlock was a complete moron and he would not know how to lead the autobots, he would just kill them all
in the movie grimlock is outsmarted by a kid

I'm not reffering to being a leader here... I'm refering to sheer badass-ness. Grimlock has that in spades. While, hotrod... pud.

Abaddon
Mar 7, 2003, 08:15 AM
Its been AGES since i saw it
i have to see ita gain

Nidarrock
Mar 7, 2003, 10:45 AM
Actually Springer would have been a decent leader. Springer actually says one of my favorite lines fro the movie, "I've got better things to do than die." My favorite quotes belong to Unicron. Orson Welles had such a great voice for Unicron. Right up there with Darth Vader and Goliath(Gargoyles). Nobody can ever match Optimus, that goes without saying. Granted Rodimus' vehicle sucks but I think Hot Rod was a good choice. I wish I could remember more of the series after the movie. We need a new Tranformers movie/show based upon the Transformers we know and love. I keep thinking a live action movie would be awesome, but who knows.

Vitamin_D
Mar 7, 2003, 12:01 PM
Optimus' death was a shock to me (and my brother)...I mean how the HELL are you gonna kill of Optimus!? We were seriously shocked amd speechless for atleast a few minutes. And i agree...Rodimus Prime is QUITE lame...oh, and Grmilock is the shit, quit hatin'.

Zeebo
Mar 7, 2003, 12:06 PM
i slightly remember this

Auracom
Mar 7, 2003, 04:54 PM
Your story broke my heart just as much when he died... I didn't cry at that part though... honestly...

My brothers reaction stopped me hehehe, he scream out
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" so loud... it was so funny. He said itas if it might stopped him from dieing. You had to be there.

BWS-1
Mar 7, 2003, 05:22 PM
On 2003-03-06 17:39, Subliminalgroove wrote:

you know who would have rocked with the matrix. . . Grimlock. Or Swoop. That would be great.

w00t

O yeah, Swoop would have kicked azz ...

"Fear can hit targets unreachable to bullet"

Yeeess

Ur da man, SWOOP!

Deathscythealpha
Mar 10, 2003, 07:08 PM
On 2003-03-06 17:33, Atari wrote:

hot rod was a good choice, he learned from his mistakes and was there when he needed to be, he was like a young optimus, optimus was prob the same back in the day

A young Optimus Prime was called Orion Pax, who tried to make a foolish deal with Megatron before getting killed. He was then remade by that bearded old Transformer (damn, i cant remember his name now, but i know before he didnt have a beard, so how the hell did a robot grow facial hair?!) into Optimus, where he learnt how to be a courageous leader. SO you kinda hit the nail on the head with your comparison.

Oh how i love the old Transformer episodes piled up on my shelves.

MonkeyFunky
Mar 11, 2003, 12:16 PM
That old man would be Alpha Trion. He also made a counterpart to optimus: Aelita One.

R