PDA

View Full Version : Retired dupe useres.

Cl0ud
Mar 6, 2003, 03:06 PM
I'm a retired dupe user and i use all legits now. I find it much more fun to be legit now, than when i was a nob and got my hands on any and every weapon. What do you think?

Zeebo
Mar 6, 2003, 03:17 PM
legits is more challanging and funner and you can read my signature to see what I think of cheaters=P

MonkeyFunky
Mar 6, 2003, 06:05 PM
Welcome to the light side of the force, young Jedi.

R

Aldark
Mar 7, 2003, 09:51 PM
People who cheat will fail and non-cheaters will rise. They're the honest ones and will soon find a way to stop the cheaters.

Zeebo
Mar 7, 2003, 11:23 PM
I like that quote

God-Slayer
Mar 8, 2003, 12:00 AM
Very insightful quote, but do you think it will really happen? Let's stop being an optimist, and start being a realist eh? DC PSO cheating was never stopped; so don't hold your breath on it happening for GC.

Omni-SqwirL
Mar 8, 2003, 12:22 PM
Cheating is just like a sign that says "Hey, I suck, so I'm gonna get all the rare weapons and kill players because I am jealous"

Heh...yeah

Zeebo
Mar 8, 2003, 01:05 PM
No no, more like Ilm a loser at everything i try so i need to cheat

Ramus_Valle
Mar 8, 2003, 06:19 PM
I wonder why people complain about a game entirly too much.. If somones hurting because there SO CALLED cheating or whatever you call it. Just play in your own secret communities. "password games"

Or go play on *** ships like i do..

edit - please do not use racist terms.
--IceBlink

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2003-04-03 23:58 ]</font>

Mystil
Mar 8, 2003, 10:00 PM
^yeah.

Anyhow, since duper is the TRUE reason why my old character was corrupted in the first place, I don't do duping no more. Me stay away from it, and I wont help anyone dupe either. Welcome to the good side of PSO. lol

ravendarknight
Mar 8, 2003, 10:19 PM
cheatings ***

edit - please read forum rules. No homosexual insults.
--IceBlink

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2003-04-04 00:00 ]</font>

ravendarknight
Mar 8, 2003, 10:20 PM
Why is Robert Pribyl under my name. Who is that

Zeebo
Mar 9, 2003, 12:05 PM
I wonder why people complain about a game entirly too much.. If somones hurting because there SO CALLED cheating or whatever you call it. Just play in your own secret communities. "password games"

Ehm, maybe we enjoy complaining!

Raven please don't double post...
there's an edit button on the bottom under your signature

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeebo on 2003-03-09 09:06 ]</font>

PalRappies_go_splat
Mar 9, 2003, 01:11 PM
Honestly i would cheat if i could but i dunno how to on GC... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Aldark
Mar 11, 2003, 09:51 PM
Someday I will stop or atleast bring the beginning to the end of cheating.

heaiser
Mar 12, 2003, 01:11 AM
good call, I use to dupe in the dc version and it ruined it for me so now Im pretty much all legit

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: heaiser on 2003-03-12 14:49 ]</font>

Krank40oz
Mar 12, 2003, 06:00 PM
Yea i think i have a couple of dupes but not to to much and trying not to get into the trend!

Zeebo
Mar 12, 2003, 06:39 PM
I want to be different like everyone else!
sorry just though of it........
Ehm Cheating blows people who cheat should be banned from everything....!@

Aldark
Mar 12, 2003, 07:13 PM
I want to be different like everyone else!

Does that even make sence? different like everyone else

Cl0ud
Mar 14, 2003, 10:56 PM
neg, none at all

TheDarkRaven
Mar 15, 2003, 12:22 AM
I wish that a big rag rappy would eat all of the cheaters. Then, we could all kill the rappy and it would give off 1,000,000,000 exp. points!!!! *sigh* I hate living in a dream....

Cl0ud
Apr 3, 2003, 04:31 PM
a billion experience, eh? thats a little too much, because everyone who fought him would be level 200, and that would be ***. also i dont think he could eat the cheaters, although it would be pretty cool =p

edit - please read forum rules. No homosexual insults, please.
--IceBlink

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2003-04-04 00:01 ]</font>

Aurra
Apr 3, 2003, 05:20 PM
On 2003-03-08 10:05, Zeebo wrote:
No no, more like Ilm a loser at everything i try so i need to cheat

Nah, that's not why cheating happens. Cheating in all its forms relates to the nature of power. Power is desirable, but getting power is not often easy; especially if done the "legit" way. Everyone wants power, but very few have what it takes to get it and keep it... in real life. In a game or other highly-controlled environment, getting power is very easy to do, because all you have to do is cheat. Having strong weapons in PSO = having power, so naturally people do everything they can to find the easiest, fastest way to get them. Perhaps if it wasn't human nature to try to take the shortest, least challenging route to every goal, we wouldn't have cheaters at all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

latimer
Apr 3, 2003, 10:06 PM
I like the use of the word "gay" as a way to insult something, it is proof of a well thought out sentence and arguement.

Onto your newfound legitimaticy:

If you have at any point in time used an item or played in a group with someone that had an item gained through illegitimate means, you have gained experience by "cheating". So even if you stopped playing with those items or people who used those items to help you kill monsters, you character still got to the point it is at by "cheating".

By even acknowledging that duping goes on, you are affected by it, and if you play with someone, who played with someone, that used a duped item to go up levels or even just had one in their inventory there by affected the time that they spent doing anything else in the game ... you still have been aided with your progression in the game by duping ...

Basically, if you want to be a "true legit", either play with people you can absoltely trust, or go offline.

Basically, if you play online, odds are you are a "cheater". You may not of intended for that to happen, but you are going to have to accept the fact the somewhere along the line, your character has most likely gained experience through illegitmate means.

I guess all of you should just restart your characters and have little secret club meetings and cover your heads with Glad wrap ...