PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 7/14 Download Mission: Challenge Stage 3

Mike
Jul 10, 2010, 11:41 PM
On 7/14, the third stage of the new challenge mission will be distributed. In this mission, you have to protect certain targets from the advancing enemies. However, in this mission, there will be invisible enemies to keep you on your toes.

xBladeM6x
Jul 10, 2010, 11:52 PM
This. Just amazing.

ashley50
Jul 10, 2010, 11:52 PM
invisible enemies...interesting :E

Typestatic
Jul 11, 2010, 12:35 AM
There's a spy sappin' mah sentr- crap, wrong game.

Sinow Zoa's come to mind for a reason...

Despite the invisibility, being able to lock-on to the enemy makes it somewhat visible?
Though I'm sure it'll be something entirely different to how I'm picturing it right now.

kongajinken
Jul 11, 2010, 01:00 AM
Bunch of spinning swords/pole arms everywhere.

Lolitron
Jul 11, 2010, 03:37 AM
I'll bet you can either:
1. See a silhouette of invisible monsters.
or 2. Hold L to lock onto invisible monsters.

Sounds fun though. Looking forward to it.

GJARE
Jul 11, 2010, 03:42 AM
This sounds cute.

Krank32oz
Jul 11, 2010, 02:05 PM
Wow that sounds super fun. Thats a pretty good idea. Now if they are coming out for the jp version will they be coming out also for the us version once its released?

Fhin
Jul 11, 2010, 04:40 PM
First we need to see the game in our stores. Everything else will come after.

Krank32oz
Jul 11, 2010, 10:26 PM
First we need to see the game in our stores. Everything else will come after.

I'm just counting down the days dude. The rest will hopefully be even better!

Mike
Jul 14, 2010, 02:54 AM
The new mission is up. The reward(s) are the "dagger-handguns" from the item creration contest (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/itemdesigncontest/model/weapon.html). Which one you get depends on your job.

Semi-related, there were also a few more bannings related to cheating and (likely)sex-chat.

DoubleJG
Jul 14, 2010, 01:13 PM
Those are all some really awesome weapon designs. I look forward to seeing the Olga Grenade Launcher (it's a launcher, yes?)!

r00tabaga
Jul 14, 2010, 02:02 PM
there are shadows on the enemies...hence the name of the mission "Shadow Suppression" :)

Mike
Jul 14, 2010, 07:01 PM
there are shadows on the enemies...hence the name of the mission "Shadow Suppression" :)
There are also targets on the enemies. You can also see them on the mini-map. Them being invisible is more of an annoyance than anything else. If there was a way to remove the targets and the dots on the mini-map then this mission would be more interesting.

Those are all some really awesome weapon designs. I look forward to seeing the Olga Grenade Launcher (it's a launcher, yes?)!
Yes, it's a grenade launcher. It's called Dark Meteo and it and the Bil De Bear Rod are the last two design contest items to not yet released for PSP2.