PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgic.

War_Child
Jul 11, 2010, 11:09 PM
The other day, I remade WC and went through Forest. I even did the Mag quest. I've burned the PSO V1 ost and will be listening to it in my car tomorrow. I got this game what, 9 years ago? Sad to say it, but it changed my life and even my career choices.

I miss coming home every day to a vibrant, welcoming community and joining them online to beat up on Rappies and dance with Del Sabers.

I miss staying up until 4:30am in the morning every time I didn't have to get up in the morning, cursing at Vol Opt and laughing as Poison Lillies tried to poison me to no avail. Megid on the other hand..

I miss having a set of 60% mechguns for every level. I miss being told my RAcaseal couldn't do ruins on her own. And then doing it.

But most of all, I miss hamming it up PSO-World. Some of the finest years of my life.

With tears in my eyes,
WC

PS not quitting, just in a mood

HeartBreak301
Jul 12, 2010, 05:53 AM
Well, we're not dead as long as you know where to look. If you do find yourself playing again in the future and you run into a guy named Hex, be sure to say hi.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jul 12, 2010, 04:22 PM
u could always join a private server, but i dont think there are very many people on DC/PC and i dont think there any xbox private servers, but the BB private servers are still pretty active.

Mike
Jul 12, 2010, 06:50 PM
know where to look.

private server
Not quite the same, unfortunately. Also, RAcaseal=shotgun. :p

steaIth
Jul 17, 2010, 11:34 PM
Well, we're not dead as long as you know where to look. If you do find yourself playing again in the future and you run into a guy named Hex, be sure to say hi.

i ran into a guy named hex today, but just said ty, instead of hi

HeartBreak301
Jul 18, 2010, 12:01 AM
Be sure to tell me you're from PSOW if you find me. I'm notoriously bad with names. And unless you post in FKL I probably won't know you.

EvilMag
Jul 18, 2010, 03:15 AM
I'll play with you if you need someone to play with.

MKL122788
Jul 20, 2010, 04:39 PM
This reminds me. I will never forget my first experiences with many things.

My Greennill RaMarl's first red, a Visk. What a wonderful item.

Her first shotgun, provided by my Viridia toon, cleave weapons? Yes please!

Her first level 200 Mag. It was 30 defense, 100 power, 70 dex and happen to evolve. Introducing me to the world of special Mags. I am a Rati/Sato person now, but how I loved my first Rukmin.

Her first Frozen Shooter. That weapon may have well changed the game because, wow.

My first God/Arm, God/Power, Devil/Battle, eventually God/Battle. The units that really changed the game for me.

More recently, her first spread needle. That weapon is probably the MVP of ranger weapons in total use it gets.

Lastly, my first 50 hit charge vulcan. The glorious single target damage that is not comparable.

I forgot about referring to my first Yasminkov from farming Mines for about 2 weeks, but I don't use it anymore.

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing.

Yuicihi
Jul 22, 2010, 08:44 PM
I remember picking this game up nine years ago, and popping it into my Dreamcast. I chose a RAcaseal, and didn't get online for a good while. However, I still enjoyed playing offline. Then I got Version 2, and I continued to love the game.

Of course, then came the GCN versions, which I'll admit, I never played as extensively. I went to Blue Burst after it came out, and played on the official servers for a while, and now play on a private server.

I do still have that VMU, with my RAcaseal on it. In fact, I went and plugged my DC back in a few days ago. I still have that VMU, with my RAcaseal on it.]Explored the Ruins, and then went to play Ikaruga. Damn, I love the DC.

The hell of it all?

Not once have I found that goddamn Psycho Wand. I've seen it drop, but a friend picked it up. Of course, I haven't exactly been looking. I think I'd almost die inside if I see it drop again.

In fact, just to preserve the legacy of me being the only one amongst my circle of friends to not have a Psycho Wand, I'd probably leave it be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8remh8uA4MM

Just because.