PDA

View Full Version : GC: Racast or ramar ???

hoffy
Mar 6, 2003, 03:42 PM
Hi im french!
PSO release date is tomorrow in France on GC. YEAH!!!!
I want a Racast or Ramar
Who s the best???
Thanks
I hope i will meet you guys online soon !!!

Trt499
Mar 6, 2003, 03:45 PM
Just out of those two I would say RAcast because of his power.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 6, 2003, 04:24 PM
Don't forget that the Racast gets a ton of hp too (highest in the game), and traps. The lack of techs is not so bad because you're not going into melee range with this character, and you can safely use a Gush Laser to steal back hp (or use a Crush Bullet).

BeatZero
Mar 6, 2003, 04:28 PM
RAmar, if u solo or anytime resta is a must for any class

Trt499
Mar 6, 2003, 04:32 PM
True, but if you have a lot of HP, like RAcast, you dont need to use resta.

Raxxon_Ironis
Mar 6, 2003, 05:00 PM
Also, Monomates are extremely inexpensive when compared to other shop-sold items and androids tend to compile more meseta than humans or newmen

Zeebo
Mar 6, 2003, 05:04 PM
RAmar offline RAcast online

Raxxon_Ironis
Mar 6, 2003, 05:16 PM
Honestly, do I have to repeat myself?
RAmars have nothing good about them!!!
The fact that they can learn Resta doesn't matter when they die in one hit!!!!
Just check the max stats guide!

Zeebo
Mar 6, 2003, 05:28 PM
thats why they stay back and no i play as RAmar they dont die 1 hit so pshhh

Raxxon_Ironis
Mar 6, 2003, 05:30 PM
We'll see when my RAcast drops your puny human in one hit. SO HA!! ^_^

Zeebo
Mar 6, 2003, 05:32 PM
Pshh not so

Raxxon_Ironis
Mar 6, 2003, 05:35 PM
It's true, RAcasts have a good 30% more attack when maxed and have a tendency to be able to take hits better than RAmars, AND they can see traps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zeebo
Mar 6, 2003, 05:45 PM
And they probably will get boring faster then a character with techniques

gideonx
Mar 6, 2003, 06:15 PM
I would use a RAcast hands down for online play. But if you want to cast or whatever you may want to do a RAmarl because lvl 20 Shifta/Deband is alot better then RAmars 15. Also RAmarl get 20 in attack techs and they can use Ryuker (which can save you 1000000000s of meseta if you do the telepipe trick alot!).

RAcasts on the other hand have HUGE HP and ATP. They are alot of fun if you like being the guy who hits for 900. Also you don't have to worry about spell collection, so you can free up space on your action bar for special attacks and traps. And the See Traps bonus is very nice.

Benjamin
Mar 6, 2003, 07:16 PM
RACAST!!!
see traps
huge HP
dont have to worry about techniques and fluids. oh and dont worry about poisoned

gideonx
Mar 6, 2003, 07:26 PM
yeah poison or paralysis.
SO, no antiparalysis, antidotes, fluids taking up space in your inventory.

Orange_Coconut
Mar 6, 2003, 07:36 PM
Ah, but be warned, the RAcast makes the *CLANK!* *CLANK!* noises even if he's a thin scrap of metal. Plus, I don't know about you guys, but I check the character database here and, I hate to break it to you, but 50 ATP difference is NOT really effective, it adds what? 3 more damage? lol. I would go with the RAmar since Resta IS useful and throughout the entire game you don't have to worry about losing so many mates to the fact that you don't have any magic to restore your health. Also, HP regen is just like TP regen, but even a bit more useless in my opinion. The time it takes an Android to regain HP gives the Newman a chance to regain the same amount of TP to eventually use resta and max out thier HP. Traps? No, not too useful. Why do I say this? Because they really don't go off unless you lure the enemies over to them which is NOT a good idea when you're a lv.3 RAcast dodging Booma swipes. Plus, unlike power, ATA makes more of a difference with hit % and the RAmar has plenty of that packed in his character. The only thing I can say is, if you really want that extra 50 ATP, go ahead, my personal preference lies without androids. However, I'm not sure, but don't Androids have a faster attack speed? I thought I noticed that with a HUcast.

Raxxon_Ironis
Mar 6, 2003, 08:33 PM
::sigh::
OK, here I go yet again.
First of all, yes you are correct, androids DO attack faster, though noone has said anything official. Second of all, at high levels you get plenty of traps and do massive amounts of damage with them. Third, RAcasts do have the best stats of all the Rangers, except perhaps the RAcaseal's accuracy rating. RAcasts are better overall than RAmars, and what the hell's the difference if you make the *CLANK* *CLANK* noise with every step? TURN THE GODDAMN VOLUME DOWN FOR CHRISSAKE!!

BeatZero
Mar 6, 2003, 08:58 PM
well to put it all together

base stats at lvl 200:

RAmar:
hp: 1520
atp: 806
dfp: 359
ata: 230
evp: 639

RAcast:
hp: 1964
atp: 859
dfp: 505
ata: 199
evp: 626

The RAcast does have higher hp, but if your online youll most likely be with force with deband and resta to help the RAmar out there. The atp difference can easily made up by a mag, units, or mats. The RAmar does on the other hand have the highest ata out of the rangers (but that can be made up with a mag or units).

Either class can be better than the other with the right equipment or person behind it.

Zeebo
Mar 6, 2003, 09:01 PM
Lord quit argueing let him pick what he wants he knows whats what with each character... let him choose...

Orange_Coconut
Mar 6, 2003, 09:17 PM
A hmm, I definitely didn't see the HP and Def difference... Now that would be helpful... Yeah, it is really up to you.. As for me, I now have no preference, I like magic casters, but a higher defense and HP combined is something you might also want to look into. Here are the facts,

RAmar:
-Spell casts
-Highest ATA
-Well Balanced

RAcast:
-Higher HP
-Higher DEF
-Traps (I dunno what his best trap is)
-Faster attack speed

Ah, you are right Azuri. Muting it can also cure the *CLANK* problem. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Also for the RAmar you may need a lot more money every once in a while, such as he needs monofluids which do cost twice the amount of monomates, plus you will definitely need antiparalysis, antidote (each cost 60).. That's all I can think of at the moment. Plus the chances are you'll never use stuff like foie, and barta, and zonde since Forces can really only use those quite effectively.

As for the RAcast? He looks cooler first of all. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif He has HP regen, which isn't too helpful but my guess is, like TP regen, the higher the level, the faster the regen speed. He does have a nice max ATP and although his ATA is considerably lower then the RAmar he still has enough to have great accuracy, just like any Ranger. Traps can be useful depending on which you use. Freeze traps are nice for those hordes of enemies that just won't leave you alone. Confuse is ok, however, depending on which enemy is confused they each have a different confuse personality. And from what I remember damage traps don't really do enough damage.

Each has it's ups and downs, it's really up to you to choose. There is no such thing as "Best" when it comes to this game. It's all a matter of opinion.

P.S-I am sorry Azuri I did not look at the defensive attributes of the RAcast before comparing.

P.S(P.S)- lol, sorry, another thing is, if the RAcast has that much more DEF and HP the chances of your survival rate being high will be nice compared to being the RAmar.

sharkie-do
Mar 6, 2003, 10:25 PM
Going through caves with racast is easy. No poison. See/lay traps. My Racast has about 950 hp at level 120 and 1200 atp. He never gets hit cause as long as you use a rifle, nothing can touch you if you time your shots just right. RAcasts4ever!

Raxxon_Ironis
Mar 7, 2003, 07:46 AM
Finally, someone with brains joins the argument, thank you Coconut, and I appreciate your apology.
Really, what it comes down to is this:
RAcast
survive easier
kill things faster
get better boost with Shifta/Deband from FOs
Get more money
it costs 500 meseta to stock up on 10 Monomates
Besides that, with more power you can kill things before they can even land a hit on you.
with a level 25 RAcast, I went in hard mode and didn't take ONE HIT until De Rol Le's purple orb attack.

Orange_Coconut
Mar 8, 2003, 12:10 PM
Another thing you might need is a good Section ID for your character. I made the mistake of having a Pinkal RAcast when I was a n00b, lol.

G0D
Mar 8, 2003, 10:06 PM
Racast Generally suck in Ultimate Mode since they have no techniques like Shifta and Deband or Jellen and Zalure, I would Go with a Ramar because he has the highest accuracy possible in the game and Has Techniques to back him up and not to mention Racast Make annoying sounds when they walk....

Sephiroth4902
Mar 9, 2003, 12:46 PM
For me its simple
Ramar offfline mainly
Racast online mainly

Tulathis
Mar 9, 2003, 01:01 PM
True, but if you have a lot of HP, like RAcast, you dont need to use resta.
That's a good trick. You must never get hit. I find that I have to heal quite a bit with my RAcast, despite his high HP. For my first character I would definitely go for a RAmar over a RAcast.

Zeebo
Mar 9, 2003, 01:18 PM
I agree with ^