PDA

View Full Version : Soul Vs celeb element

Dnd
Jul 14, 2010, 01:44 PM
Now, meseta isnt an issue at all with me (2.5 mill if you must know) however i was looking into the soul element and was just wondering.

At lv5, which is better for damage output. Soul or celeb?

At face value it looks like celeb is an easy winner, because its less risky and seems to have a better damage modifer (50%)

Soul on the otherhand boosts atp by 30% if your hp is under 33% (right?), so i was just wondering which is better.. i'd test it myself but i've not got my DS for 3-4 days :(

leviayurashyguy
Jul 14, 2010, 02:22 PM
Soul affects ATP/MST and Celeb affects final damage.

the main difference is Soul calcs before resist while Celeb calcs after

Celeb beats Soul in all cases except when resist are exceptionally high

Broken_L_button
Jul 14, 2010, 04:17 PM
Soul affects ATP/MST and Celeb affects final damage.

the main difference is Soul calcs before resist while Celeb calcs after

Celeb beats Soul in all cases except when resist are exceptionally high

And exceptionally high resists only occur if...you use a type of attack to which the foe is resistant (for example: using melee in Makara ruins), which you won't do unless you LOVE making this game much harder than it alrea--wait, nah, this game ain't hard, who am I fooling?

Chaos Rappy
Jul 14, 2010, 04:20 PM
A good case of unnecessarily high resistances apply where even using the least resistance attacks are still mixed, Bolixes and Goldixes... but they're so weak, they're almost negligible. However, Arkzeins and Arkzein R's are kinda in there too, and they don't exactly go down so easily, especially Boosteds...

Galax
Jul 14, 2010, 04:43 PM
And exceptionally high resists only occur if...you use a type of attack to which the foe is resistant (for example: using melee in Makara ruins), which you won't do unless you LOVE making this game much harder than it alrea--wait, nah, this game ain't hard, who am I fooling?

Booma Origin as a CAST says Hi.
Remember, those are strong against both melee and ranged, but are weak to techs.
Gigobooma Origin are the other way around.
Therefore, when you have no techs...I know they aren't strong, but meh.
Also...
Ontopic: Celeb > Soul. Soul is like the new Dark Flow special, only without the really cool wave of energy. It's too risky for practical use.

Dnd
Jul 17, 2010, 08:14 PM
I like meleeing everywhere, to lazy to get something new out just for afew areas :P..

I've got my ds back so gonna do afew areas and get some numbers i guess

Dnd
Jul 18, 2010, 11:13 AM
Update: Soul sucks, its not even worth it (was hitting 150s in shrine instead of 210s :p) lock/delete w/e :p