PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Wii?

PSZFann
Jul 14, 2010, 06:35 PM
I was just wondering if they had a PS for Wii?

pkrockin
Jul 14, 2010, 07:08 PM
Only if you count the two Gamecube games - PSO 1&2 or PSO Episode 3.

Mike
Jul 14, 2010, 07:13 PM
That's not Wii though. That Wii emulating a Gamecube.

pkrockin
Jul 14, 2010, 08:25 PM
Yeah, it was my point that they aren't Wii games - that's why I called them "Gamecube games." Also, I don't think the Wii has to do any emulation to run GC games. The Wii hardware is the exact same architecture with some higher clock speeds and more memory, so I'm pretty sure the GC's firmware runs natively on Wii hardware, since it's the same stuff.

By the way, you can also buy the 4 original Phantasy Stars for Wii Virtual Console.

psz roks!
Jul 14, 2010, 10:49 PM
Yeah, it was my point that they aren't Wii games - that's why I called them "Gamecube games." Also, I don't think the Wii has to do any emulation to run GC games. The Wii hardware is the exact same architecture with some higher clock speeds and more memory, so I'm pretty sure the GC's firmware runs natively on Wii hardware, since it's the same stuff.

By the way, you can also buy the 4 original Phantasy Stars for Wii Virtual Console.

Yeah dude.... Their the same thing.... Well yeah theirs also Pantasy Star Online Episode 1+2 Plus........... well yeah its not worth it cause it more rare (A.K.A. more $) and basically it just fixs the copy glitch. No new stuff..... so for wii? nope... but u were to buy one... get PSO EPISODE 1+2!!!!!!!!!!! ITS AMAZINGLY FUN!!!!!!

psz rocs!
Jul 14, 2010, 10:50 PM
"That's not Wii though. That Wii emulating a Gamecube."

LOOK AT THE CONSOLE UR PLAYING THE GAME ON!! WII!! LOOK AT IT WITH GREAT FORCE!! WII!!!!

Seth Astra
Jul 15, 2010, 01:01 AM
Back to the origional question. I WISH! That would be great.

PSZFann
Jul 15, 2010, 02:20 AM
i think i am gonna get PS for Gamecube and play on my wii..

PSZFann
Jul 15, 2010, 02:30 AM
nvm all i can find are like $100

Mike
Jul 15, 2010, 02:36 AM
True. They aren't native Wii games though and thus have less functionality on the Wii over the Gamecube. Even though that may only be connecting to certain not-to-be-named servers now.

LOOK AT THE CONSOLE UR PLAYING THE GAME ON!! WII!! LOOK AT IT WITH GREAT FORCE!! WII!!!!
I see a Dreamcast. What's wrong with your eyes (and caps lock for that matter)?

Yeah dude.... Their the same thing.... Well yeah theirs also Pantasy Star Online Episode 1+2 Plus........... well yeah its not worth it cause it more rare (A.K.A. more $) and basically it just fixs the copy glitch. No new stuff..... so for wii? nope... but u were to buy one... get PSO EPISODE 1+2!!!!!!!!!!! ITS AMAZINGLY FUN!!!!!!
Nice. Try a bit harder when you call someone dumb.

PSZFann
Jul 15, 2010, 02:56 AM
so can you go online on the GC version?

Seth Astra
Jul 15, 2010, 07:40 AM
If you are playing on a Wii: No.
If you're playing on a GC: You would have to use a private server. In other words: A server not created by sega. The official servers are, sadly, closed.

Krank32oz
Jul 15, 2010, 02:33 PM
God don't even talk about that. I tear comes when I think about that. I loved the GC version and played it religiously. I payed 90 bucks for the broadband adapter for the GC when it first came out so that I could play online. Good times!

PSZFann
Jul 15, 2010, 05:42 PM
darn.. so you need an adapter to get your GC online?

pkrockin
Jul 15, 2010, 06:19 PM
http://img.amazon.ca/images/I/51RVQ86Y6GL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

PSZFann
Jul 15, 2010, 06:48 PM
sweet they expensive.. i doubt you can even buy them at game stors anymore huh?

PSZFann
Jul 16, 2010, 04:52 AM
anyone know if they are gonna make PSWii?

Tyreek
Jul 16, 2010, 07:22 AM
There was nothing of the sort ever mentioned. The closest you'll get with Phantasy Star on the Wii is Phantasy Star I-IV on Virtual Console.

pkrockin
Jul 16, 2010, 08:36 AM
Considering how well the fan base seems to enjoy these portable games, they'll probably continue focusing on them. Another console or PC game would probably sell, but they could sell just as many copies on a DS or PSP with less development time and cost.

PSZFann
Jul 16, 2010, 01:26 PM
darn cause i would totaly buy it..

Seth Astra
Jul 16, 2010, 01:35 PM
I can top that. I'd preorder ASAP.

PSZFann
Jul 16, 2010, 01:38 PM
i am with you on that