PDA

View Full Version : HEY!!! JUST ABOUT TO GET GAME< WAT IS BEST TYPE OF HUNTER HUNEWM OR HUMAR?

psz roks!
Jul 14, 2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah well i am gonna make a hunter as my main character in PSZ... i just cant decide? i really want a Hunewm, but are they A LOT weaker than HUmar? I want a Hunewm because they have good magic (which i like alot) but if they're A LOT weaker, than i'm not sure in to choose?? Oh, and by the way i hate casts (not even considering) because they cant use magic.. so not them. Its between Humar and HUnewm... so yeah my games coming (got off Ebay) in 5 days! 'm gonna need to decide by then, so plz help? All help is appreciated :-P so thanks!

Chaos Rappy
Jul 14, 2010, 11:02 PM
HUnewearl. ;P

Seth Astra
Jul 15, 2010, 01:12 AM
Well, if you're not using a cast, I say newm, but I am biased there, since I use one myself and have gotten a little self-conscious about my damage output, at times. HUmars have better ATP, HP, and DFP. Offensive magic, honestly, sucks if it's not a force using it. However, HUnewms have better resta (I'm healing about 1/3 of my health in one cast) and PP regen let's them do it, pretty much endlessly. Also, PP regen makes PA spam (sadly the best tactic for damage in this game) easier. Also, the high evasion is nice for the occasional save it gets you.

From an astetics standpoint, who would you rather be: Some lame kid who probably shouldn't be allowed to be a hunter yet because he's too young, or a young man, elf warrior who just lookes awesome? Of course, this is all personal oppinion.

Also, chaos is right with the above. HUnewearl probably does top HUnewm. They get better armor, and they excell in the HUnewm's two best stats: EVP and MST.

psz roks!
Jul 15, 2010, 12:39 PM
thanks guys.... well id like to have a male hunter... so yeah ill go for HUnewm... thanks for the advice! When i get it in 4 days would u like to play?

Krank32oz
Jul 15, 2010, 01:49 PM
HUcasts hit pretty hard. Its just really pref and what you like the most

leviayurashyguy
Jul 15, 2010, 01:49 PM
HUnewm is better at "gimmicky" builds, but doesn't preform as well as HUnewearl

HUmar is just better at being a Hunter

if this is about looks, HUnewm looks liek a emo girl, but that just may be my own bias because i despise elves/Bishounen/yaoi/emo

i do liek Bridget =3

Macman
Jul 15, 2010, 02:32 PM
I picked HUnewm because I wanted my Resta to actually mean anything. Plus he has more ATA than a HUmar so I don't have to shove so much DEX on my mag.

Krank32oz
Jul 15, 2010, 02:36 PM
That's good thinking actually Macman. I might have to try that out. I have one slot left open so I might give it a whirl. How is your Hunewm? You enjoy him?

leviayurashyguy
Jul 15, 2010, 03:31 PM
Mates are faster and heal more than a HUnewm's Resta. not to mention they are insanely cheap and readily available throughout the game

the drop in ATP is much greater than the drop in ATA, not to mention the lost ATP is Shifta-able, further increasing the gap.

if a Force can hit with a slicer, im more than confident a HUmar can hit with a sword

Macman
Jul 15, 2010, 04:13 PM
if a Force can hit with a slicer, im more than confident a HUmar can hit with a swordBosses (which have 1 EVP) don't count.

Also, I like my Gigas Romulus. ;p

psz roks!
Jul 15, 2010, 05:06 PM
I picked HUnewm because I wanted my Resta to actually mean anything. Plus he has more ATA than a HUmar so I don't have to shove so much DEX on my mag.

thanks! i agree...... cause hunters need a good gun.... and id like to focus my mag on POWER and MIND.... haha i think that decided my choice... haha cause since im a PSO player, i really like resta as well so HUnewms sound perfect :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.. i guess

pkrockin
Jul 15, 2010, 05:59 PM
Mates are faster and heal more than a HUnewm's Resta. not to mention they are insanely cheap and readily available throughout the game

the drop in ATP is much greater than the drop in ATA, not to mention the lost ATP is Shifta-able, further increasing the gap.

if a Force can hit with a slicer, im more than confident a HUmar can hit with a sword

Gotta agree here. Between human and newman hunters (CASTs are pretty different), I only consider HUmar and HUnewearl as options. HUmars because they have more of the stats that hunters want and HUnewearls because they're the best at "gimmicky" builds mentioned earlier in the thread (evade builds, tech builds, slicer builds, etc.). HUmarl and HUnewm are just less effective versions of their races' opposite gender.

Secondly, it makes no sense to complain about having to put more hit on your mag with humans because, as a newman, what you gain in power on your mag is less than what you give up to be a newman. The base power on the human can scale up with Shifta - the power on your newman's mag can't. This is, in fact, what mags are for: compensating for your character's low hit. Hit is worth the same no matter where it comes from, whereas base power, guard, and mind are worth 20-30% more than what a mag can contribute to those stats. Therefore, you should plan to use your mag to fill out your hit.