PDA

View Full Version : Question about PS:P2 areas

Pavichokche
Jul 16, 2010, 10:35 AM
I've been watching videos of PS:P2 and I was wondering if the dungeons are different every time you go in, like they were in PSZ. I know that it was way different in PSZ, with every room being separate, allowing for completely randomly-generated dungeons. Still, will there be any difference in the layout of a dungeon every time you enter it?

Tyreek
Jul 16, 2010, 10:45 AM
PSP2 I'm not entirely sure of. The area layouts are usually the same, but the only change going on is enemy spawns. At least when I played.

Neith
Jul 16, 2010, 11:18 AM
From what I've seen, the 'dungeons' are the same each time in layout. The enemy spawns do change though (not randomly generated).

Izuna
Jul 16, 2010, 11:45 AM
From what I've seen, the 'dungeons' are the same each time in layout. The enemy spawns do change though (not randomly generated).

Confirmed: for the most part, each area remains the same. The only things that change are enemy types (not rare), and sometimes there is a rare teleporter leading to secret bosses/areas.

The secret areas are only the Cake/Pizza shops.

Seth Astra
Jul 16, 2010, 11:55 AM
I'm glad they won't be randomized. The random maps in PSZ sucked. You'd often see the same room layout a lot, in one run. Sure, some elements were different (some elements meaning traps and enemy spawns), but the overall fact that two rooms back looked just like the current room is just annoying.

Pavichokche
Jul 16, 2010, 02:13 PM
I'm glad they won't be randomized. The random maps in PSZ sucked. You'd often see the same room layout a lot, in one run. Sure, some elements were different (some elements meaning traps and enemy spawns), but the overall fact that two rooms back looked just like the current room is just annoying.

Yeah, that's true, it did get a bit repetitive. On the other side, in a game with [barely] 8 dungeons, you pretty much need to have them somehow be different, otherwise the game would be useless.

I've heard that in PS:P2 there will be over 30 DIFFERENT "dungeons" so I'm not the least worried that they aren't randomized. Thanks for the info, guys :D

Krank32oz
Jul 16, 2010, 04:05 PM
Dang. 30 really? Or is it just going to be 30 different missions? Because some of the missions had the same layout.

Pavichokche
Jul 16, 2010, 05:54 PM
Well, I heard 31 different areas. There will be waaay more than one mission per area. Sega advertises over 100 missions, but there will be downloadable content too. I'm sure those locations will be plenty

Izuna
Jul 16, 2010, 07:29 PM
Well, I heard 31 different areas. There will be waaay more than one mission per area. Sega advertises over 100 missions, but there will be downloadable content too. I'm sure those locations will be plenty

I think PSP2 has the most amount of areas. It has all of the areas PSU has and more, though each mission isn't as long. There's less to see, but more variation in what you see. =)

Mike
Jul 16, 2010, 09:19 PM
It has all of the areas PSU has and more, though each mission isn't as long.

I believe this stems from PSP1's design as a portable game.

Lolitron
Jul 16, 2010, 11:00 PM
Every time you do a mission, it'll have the same map layout (with a few complicated exceptions).

Free missions generally have 3 different spawn patterns:
Normal A
Normal B
Rare

Many missions have 2 different spawn patterns (some missions and most DLC, Magashi mission, MAX I-IV, PSO Forest, Gemaga):
Normal A
Rare

Some missions are rather odd (mostly party missions):
Jet Black Extravaganza has a bunch of different map variations (same b1 but different sample locations and different paths)
HSM has always been nutty
Egg Thieves has a 1/4 chance of having the eggs in the same place as last time
etc.

Anyway, there are enough missions to keep you occupied for a long, long time. If you ever get sick of one, go do another, rinse and repeat, and you won't be sick of the mission that you were sick of after awhile.

Pavichokche
Jul 17, 2010, 02:26 PM
Plus, most of the phun of this game (at least for me) comes from playing with other people online. There will be multiple online modes and even if it's the same mission, it will be different every time depending on the people you're with :D

Krank32oz
Jul 17, 2010, 02:33 PM
Oh yea dude. Playing online is the best. And those missions and game play modes sound really awesome. I want it to come out now!