PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 7/23 Download Items

Mike
Jul 18, 2010, 11:15 PM
Hot enough for ya? It's time for some summer related download content.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1153&pictureid=14269

Photon Fundoshi
200 yen
Parts and clothing sold seperately

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1153&pictureid=14270

School Swimsuit
300 yen
Parts and clothing sold seperately

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1153&pictureid=14271

Squirt Gun
200 yen
Machinegun, :ice: 50%

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1153&pictureid=14272

Kickboard
200 yen
Shield, :dark: 50%

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1153&pictureid=14273

Photon Lamp
200 yen
Madoog, :fire: 50%

So, if you were to buy all of these it would cost 1600 yen, or around 16 US dollars give or take the exchange rate.

ashley50
Jul 19, 2010, 12:15 AM
lol Fundoshi...

Seth Astra
Jul 19, 2010, 12:18 AM
I have to say, I hate about all of this download content. However, if I did have the JP PS:P2, I would probably get the squirt gun, just for lols.

NeonaPulsar
Jul 19, 2010, 12:22 AM
All I have to say... LOL

Well, more to say, I also want the gun

Typestatic
Jul 19, 2010, 12:56 AM
Looks like another 3(4) purchases orz

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXY-PpxZKY4[/SPOILER-BOX]

kongajinken
Jul 19, 2010, 01:04 AM
Gimme that squirt gun.

Ami
Jul 19, 2010, 06:32 AM
Wooo look at that male ass :'D

But yeah *puts swimsuit on list of things she must get when she's not broke*

Pavichokche
Jul 19, 2010, 12:46 PM
Wait so you have to pay real money for this??? Whaaaat??? Do you have to pay for ALL of the downloadable content???

Since we're kind of on the subject, I have a[nother] question about the downloadable content in PS:P2. I was wondering if the stuff you download is entirely new to the game, or if it is something that is in the game but you sort of unlock by buying it. Because if it's entirely new to the game, that's cool since it means that the game is expandable beyond its already wide limits...

pso_crash
Jul 19, 2010, 01:10 PM
The squirt gun is sorta cool

Looks like another 3(4) purchases orz

[SPOILER-BOX]YouTube- Fundoshi?Boys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXY-PpxZKY4)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Did that kid just put a stick in his butt?!?

Ami
Jul 19, 2010, 02:23 PM
Wait so you have to pay real money for this??? Whaaaat??? Do you have to pay for ALL of the downloadable content???

Since we're kind of on the subject, I have a[nother] question about the downloadable content in PS:P2. I was wondering if the stuff you download is entirely new to the game, or if it is something that is in the game but you sort of unlock by buying it. Because if it's entirely new to the game, that's cool since it means that the game is expandable beyond its already wide limits...
Nope. There are about 17 or so items (weps and clothing) from the PSN store that is free. Of course this is for the Jpn. version so whether or not this number will remain the same when it's released in Eng. is not certain

And yes, all the DLC is new...as in it won't show up in your collection lists.

because the others won't even be able to see your DLC weps/clothing unless they too get/buy it. It'll just show the default wep/clothing in it's place.

GeoSword
Jul 19, 2010, 03:25 PM
I can't imagine or picture my character wearing the Photon Fundoshi. Just creeps me right the crap out. The school-type swimsuit I will get, along with the Squirt Gun and Kickboard shield.

landman
Jul 19, 2010, 03:36 PM
Oh lol, and I still have 200 yen left from the 5000 yen card I used to buy the game and the Santa suit, I hope this 200 yen is not a typo instead of the usual 300 for clothes, because I didn't feel like wasting them on a weapon :)

Mike
Jul 19, 2010, 06:45 PM
Oh lol, and I still have 200 yen left from the 5000 yen card I used to buy the game and the Santa suit, I hope this 200 yen is not a typo instead of the usual 300 for clothes, because I didn't feel like wasting them on a weapon :)

200 yen is what the official site says so unless the official site is mistaken, it's 200 yen.

Pavichokche
Jul 19, 2010, 07:25 PM
Nope. There are about 17 or so items (weps and clothing) from the PSN store that is free. Of course this is for the Jpn. version so whether or not this number will remain the same when it's released in Eng. is not certain

And yes, all the DLC is new...as in it won't show up in your collection lists.

The others won't even be able to see your DLC weps/clothing unless they too get/buy it. It'll just show the default wep/clothing in it's place.

Yeah, I'm sure there will be different content in the NA PS:P2, I mean, I simply cannot imagine anyone in North America putting the Photon Fundoshi on their character. But yeah, that's cool that they can introduce new content to the game. It would be awesome if you can download new locations to play in !!! That would be the bomb xD

Mike
Jul 19, 2010, 09:12 PM
I simply cannot imagine anyone in North America putting the Photon Fundoshi on their character.
Why not?

It would be awesome if you can download new locations to play in !!!
This will not happen.

Typestatic
Jul 19, 2010, 10:10 PM
I simply cannot imagine anyone in North America/Europe/ZA WARUDO putting the Photon Fundoshi on their character.

Are you sure about that?

50/50?

Ask the audience?

I don't play as a male character but I'm definitely purchasing the fundoshi for it's manliness.
Enough of speedo moustaches, this will reign supreme!

landman
Jul 19, 2010, 11:33 PM
Yes, I don't have a male character either, but I'm remaking my PSU character just to make him wear it XD

Pavichokche
Jul 20, 2010, 12:06 AM
Okay, well now people are just doing this as a fad xD I assure you that if the NA fashion police saw your character, they would erase your PSN account, come to your home, smash your PSP and banish you from the North American continent.

Mike, why do you say that they'll never make locations available for download? Do you think it would be too big?

Mike
Jul 20, 2010, 12:30 AM
Okay, well now people are just doing this as a fad xD I assure you that if the NA fashion police saw your character, they would erase your PSN account, come to your home, smash your PSP and banish you from the North American continent.
Pfff, fashion-smashion. People will wear this and do the "boogie" emote so they can wag their butt in your face :p Though if you aren't interesting in seeing that, you just need not purchase the fundoshi and you won't see it. Someone will still be wagging their butt in your face but it will just be a bit more covered.

Mike, why do you say that they'll never make locations available for download? Do you think it would be too big?
Because I'm pretty sure it's not in the code. It would also likely be a hefty download but that's not really a problem. The problem would be differentiating between players with the download and without. This could generate an imbalance in the game, which was something dlc isn't meant to do as mentioned by Sakai waaay back.

Ami
Jul 20, 2010, 06:50 AM
I can't imagine or picture my character wearing the Photon Fundoshi. Just creeps me right the crap out. The school-type swimsuit I will get, along with the Squirt Gun and Kickboard shield.
DO EET REO DO EEEEEET

I MEAN.....yeah....>////>

And Mike is absolutely completely right about why DLC will never include new locations to play. Sakai had mentioned that the DLC will never give those who get it an advantage over those who don't. Hence why the DLC is only clothing and B-rank weps. B-rank......unless you use extend codes on them

And what's wrong with a little manly and/or not so manly ass. Oh no I would never buy it myself, I wanna spend my nonexistent money on something I would use a lot but a little man ass hasn't hurt anyone. Unless it was nasty looking. But Sakai wouldn't do that...

OR WILL HE?! DUN DUN DUUUUN

..okay I'll lay off the sugar in the morning....

Pavichokche
Jul 20, 2010, 03:37 PM
HAHA I guess you all have a point. I'll just play it safe and NOT purchase it. I will be very afraid, however, whenever someone does the boogie in my face xD

Other than offering a new map, it is possible that a downloadable location doesn't really put people at an advantage. I mean, if it has the same drops as other places and similar monsters, I don't see the harm in a shiny new locale to explore. At any rate, if it hasn't been done for the Japanese version yet (and sadly it hasn't) then it surely won't happen for the NA one either. And that makes me a saaaad panda :(

Ami, what does it mean to use an extend code on a weapon??? If it is a lengthy description, I'd appreciate it if you posted it in its entirety in the Class/Weapon mechanics topic (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179737) :)

Ami
Jul 20, 2010, 06:32 PM
If that were supposed to happen then it's just less hassle for the devs to make a part of a system file update (so that everyone can get it), instead of making it available at PSN store @~@.

Pavichokche
Jul 20, 2010, 08:38 PM
Oh yeah, that's true. Does that mean that they can still add locations to the game VIA [mandatory] updates??? Have they done it so far?

kongajinken
Jul 20, 2010, 10:07 PM
The updates aren't mandatory unless you wanna play online, but they have added areas using recycled textures and props.

Pavichokche
Jul 21, 2010, 05:50 AM
THAT...is...AWESUM !!!!

Mike
Jul 21, 2010, 07:14 AM
THAT...is...AWESUM !!!!
It's not what you're thinking.

Ami
Jul 23, 2010, 07:12 AM
MEN, GET YOUR ASS INTO SHAPE

For the items just showed up to purchase on PSN Store

WBMike
Jul 23, 2010, 07:51 PM
Fundoshi: I for one hope to see this appear in the NA version for obvious reasons.

Typestatic
Jul 23, 2010, 07:53 PM
Fundoshi: I for one hope to see this appear in the NA version for obvious reasons.

Oh you

landman
Jul 25, 2010, 05:31 AM
Enjoy :)

http://i27.tinypic.com/zk5mo8.png

Typestatic
Jul 25, 2010, 10:31 AM
DAT ASS