PDA

View Full Version : Update?

wolfwars
Jul 19, 2010, 12:31 AM
Theres been a lot of talk about the new update coming out very soon, but the thought occured to me, since we have to DELETE AOTI, then re-download it, do we lose all of our stuff? o_o

pikachief
Jul 19, 2010, 12:42 AM
no all of your stuff is client side. saved onto the server. the only thing that will happen if we redownload AotI is that we wil have a nice shiny new update that u can see all the details of on www.phantasystaruniverse.com

:)

stinkyfish97
Jul 19, 2010, 02:21 AM
Yeah it really stinks that it is on the client side and saved to the server. The reason is because there will be no way to export your character once the servers do close down and private servers go up. :( But thats a little ways off still so I guess enjoy what is happening now?

JCGamer
Jul 19, 2010, 02:51 AM
Theres been a lot of talk about the new update coming out very soon, but the thought occured to me, since we have to DELETE AOTI, then re-download it, do we lose all of our stuff? o_othere no way in heck that sega will do something like that by removing are 4 years of hard work just go down like that. plus when we are paying 10 $ month just to make them happy. so don't worry wolfwars they wont remove your stuff , becuase if they did there will be hell to pay and there will be 100 customers will be posting a lots of hating mail and do crazy thing to get back on Sega H.Q.

JCGamer
Jul 19, 2010, 02:57 AM
Yeah it really stinks that it is on the client side and saved to the server. The reason is because there will be no way to export your character once the servers do close down and private servers go up. :( But thats a little ways off still so I guess enjoy what is happening now?^^; dont worry that would never happen that I am sure of it none of the character will not be removed ;-) :-D there just remodeling the patch so new stuff will come for the future of PSU.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jul 19, 2010, 03:38 AM
Hopefully they will get rid of the double boot...........

xxmadplayerxx
Jul 19, 2010, 04:45 AM
Yes, all of your items and characters get erased.

It's highly unlikely, alot of people will quit if they do that and it will end up like the old PC/PS2 Servers......where does it say that anyway or are you just bored?

Slayer76
Jul 19, 2010, 06:32 AM
the NA/EU servers may not have many updates and seems like sega doesnt care about us but sega likes the profit they get from us even if its not as big as japans so they wouldnt do something stupid enough to make 90% of the population quit such as having all characters deleted so need to worry as the others have said

easy123
Jul 19, 2010, 06:47 AM
do you lose
all you items when the Supplemental Update comes to xbox360

xBULLYDOGG
Jul 19, 2010, 07:05 AM
do you lose
all you items when the Supplemental Update comes to xbox360

No you don't man lol. All data is stored on SEGAs servers... which really worries me, Hopefully they have hired a maintenance man for the Server room of SEGA HQ ^^;

xjustsumloser
Jul 19, 2010, 07:18 AM
lol everyone keeps saying client side when referring to data being stored on the server

Yuicihi
Jul 19, 2010, 07:20 AM
What's that? Many, many rollbacks, you say?

Kidding. It's a silly way to go about it, but hey. I guess it makes sense, given M$'s silly policies about title updates.

blkbeast
Jul 19, 2010, 11:00 AM
What's that? Many, many rollbacks, you say?

Kidding. It's a silly way to go about it, but hey. I guess it makes sense, given M$'s silly policies about title updates.

i lold

pikachief
Jul 19, 2010, 12:05 PM
yes everything you've ever had and earned is deletted! Including your characters so that way u cant complain about a lack of things to do or a lack of stuff cuz u have to do and get it all over again! :D lol

joefro
Jul 19, 2010, 12:41 PM
yes everything you've ever had and earned is deletted! Including your characters so that way u cant complain about a lack of things to do or a lack of stuff cuz u have to do and get it all over again! :D lol

That would actually be a good idea. :)