PDA

View Full Version : Game Over for psz

bns1991
Jul 22, 2010, 10:13 AM
In my opinion, I think that psz is going to literally fall off the map in the next few months. The loyal fanbase will be the only ones playing it. For me, i am forever loyal to PSO, and psz has gotten boring. The lack of content is what has gotten me. I got all of my characters to lv 100 on my first card, and traded it in and got a new copy in hopes of rekindling the desire to play it. I got my humar to 98, ramar to 47, and a force to 88, and just said forget it. I just got pokemon heart gold, and Im having a great time "one shoting" all of the elite four's pokemon. Im on a permanent vacation from psz, and looking forward to psp2.:-D

Ranmaru
Jul 22, 2010, 10:18 AM
Hehe I'll be trying to complete everything, and having fun with friends. : D

I also have Pokemon Heart Gold.

archlvt
Jul 22, 2010, 10:26 AM
Lack of....content? You realize this is a DS game right?

Diablo 2 also has a lack of content when you get your characters rushed you know. If you DON'T rush your characters (in psz) to max level, then you had to have spent at least a few hundred hours playing, which is gargantuan for a DS game. Look at the other DS wifi titles. Tiny in comparison

There's no lack of content, you just played way, way too much. And telling everyone the game is dying is just going to make it die faster. I'm real happy you found something else to occupy your time but do you really have to bring the negativity here?

Ranmaru
Jul 22, 2010, 10:31 AM
And don't forget, this is a DS game which is a little bro version of PSO. Cmon now, who wouldn't want that for their DS? Nintendogs? Are you kidding me? lol. Elite Beat Agents is good. : D

I'm on I have a humar lvl 80 now and I spent 90hours and 18minutes. : ]

DoctorQuark
Jul 22, 2010, 10:43 AM
Phantasy Star Zero...

Pokemon SoulSilver...

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles...

They're all good games, and they can really eat up your time. But I guess it's not too far fetched to say that they all get old after a while. Doesn't any good game do that? :P

With the 3DS coming out soon, maybe we can start to see more "fully featured" games. :3

Chukie sue
Jul 22, 2010, 11:05 AM
It's so hard for me to keep an active list now, unlike a couple months ago, when I could stay up till 6am playing with 10+ active friends on :(

archlvt
Jul 22, 2010, 11:15 AM
I'm very active, I could see myself putting in hundreds of hours.

Ranmaru
Jul 22, 2010, 11:20 AM
True. I don't even CARE AT ALL for Left 4 Dead 2. I only have it because everyone plays it, and my friends play it. Resident Evil is better than l4d2.

But I am also active haha. I played yesterday, and today. I will play later as well.

Akaimizu
Jul 22, 2010, 11:22 AM
True. It's a DS game with limited content. So while you won't play this forever, it still has/had a lot to go with it. I've already put in a lot of time between the Japanese and US versions. Am actually close to endgame on the US version.

Westcoat
Jul 22, 2010, 11:48 AM
Don't grind.

Just play the game at your own pace.

Have fun.

Do what you want with the game.

It is a game.

Just play the game and have fun.

Giggity.

DoctorQuark
Jul 22, 2010, 12:33 PM
Giggity.

Giggity, indeed.

Ranmaru
Jul 22, 2010, 12:46 PM
Don't grind.

Have fun.

It is a game.

Giggity.

This man (or woman) speaks wise words.

Westcoat
Jul 22, 2010, 01:27 PM
I am a dude. :3

Chukie sue
Jul 22, 2010, 01:37 PM
Well I've made every possible build I can think of, completed bestiarys/titles and etc, and have hunted hundreds of hours to find ANY super rare item and still have yet to find one. It's kind of annoying to see people who barely have a character in SH saying "oh look I found 2 akatsuki In's and a Twin phycho gun". Maybe if I was a bit more lucky I'd still be in to this game, but quite frankly, the only thing keeping me playing is friends that I talk to in-game.

Enjoy it while you can :)

kirtblue
Jul 22, 2010, 02:54 PM

omg this is so funny i fell out of my chair

archlvt
Jul 22, 2010, 03:22 PM
omg this is so funny i fell out of my chair

Heh, I'm not sure how to take that >.> It could go one way or the other. My point was that PSZ has one of the highest, if not THE highest hours per dollar ratio in the DS library and that you can't expect to get World of Warcraft's hours out of a DS game.

Red Ring
Jul 22, 2010, 03:37 PM
PSZ<PSP<PSP2<PSU<PSO

archlvt
Jul 22, 2010, 03:46 PM
I don't quite see how that's relevant to this topic in any way shape or form. I don't necessarily disagree, but you're posting in the wrong thread.

bns1991
Jul 23, 2010, 10:08 AM

Diablo 2 also has a lack of content when you get your characters rushed you know. If you DON'T rush your characters (in psz) to max level, then you had to have spent at least a few hundred hours playing, which is gargantuan for a DS game. Look at the other DS wifi titles. Tiny in comparison

There's no lack of content, you just played way, way too much. And telling everyone the game is dying is just going to make it die faster. I'm real happy you found something else to occupy your time but do you really have to bring the negativity here?

1. Dude... I have played close to 1200 hours in this game (more than you) so I didnt really rush any of my characters. And this game PALES in comparison to other ds games. Its huge for the phantasy star franchise, not nintendo. I will admit that Im wrong if a sequel comes out, but Im not

2. This is a forum...and I can post anything that I like. Its my opinion, and if you done like it, dont comment on my posts telling me that because i really dont care.

archlvt
Jul 23, 2010, 10:36 AM
1. Dude... I have played close to 1200 hours in this game (more than you) so I didnt really rush any of my characters. And this game PALES in comparison to other ds games. Its huge for the phantasy star franchise, not nintendo. I will admit that Im wrong if a sequel comes out, but Im not

2. This is a forum...and I can post anything that I like. Its my opinion, and if you done like it, dont comment on my posts telling me that because i really dont care.

Name a DS game where you can spend 1200 hours online. I don't even think I've spent that much on WoW, and I went through all of the content in BC and WOTLK including raids.

Some opinions you should keep to yourself, especially if they are going to deteriorate the experience of other people. And obviously you do care or you wouldn't have replied in a nerd rage.

There is a difference between fact and opinion. Phantasy Star Zero having TONS of content for a DS game is a fact, not an opinion. As far as I can tell, this is a trolling thread. You made it SOLELY to tell people on a PSZ board that PSZ sucks. If you want to go onto a game board and whine about the game, I suggest the Final Fantasy 13 board on gamefaqs.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Ranmaru
Jul 23, 2010, 11:31 AM

Which ds games? I also have played Pokemon Gold but I'd put the same time into Pokemon as I do PSZ. It's quite addicting.

But since you say it sucks that much, why did you spend that much time in it? ;x

I think it's fine for a DS game. It's a smaller version of PSO so nothing wrong with that... I got this because I never got to play PSO online haha.

Also, do you want it to die? (I mean faster than it apparently may be, it won't be dead till us people stop playing it, and we won't)

And I'm not getting a psp. ;p

I mean the poor thing already doesn't have that much support, just us. Why don't we just play it till we drop? (some rares), instead of talking of it's forecoming death. Maybe it'd live a little longer if we don't speak of this. If you want to play a game that won't die, go play l4d2. I have that haven't even touched it. Well only to play with friends. Its meh

Sure it is your opponion, but meh. I don't really care about PSP2. I'll just play this and PSO... and other things.

Westcoat
Jul 23, 2010, 01:38 PM

Slr.

1,200 Hours? That equals 50 days of your life. In my honest opinion, you over played the game. No one is telling you to play the game. You have the free will to stop playing any time you like.

Go play Pokemon, bns1991. It is a good game with a lot of replay value, too. It will get boring at some point just like Phantasy Star Zero. You can only play a video game so much until you drive it into the ground. Good things don't last forever... especially a game that doesn't keep adding things. If you want an addicting game you can waste more hours of your life with then get World of Warcrack.

-Westcoat

Ranmaru
Jul 23, 2010, 01:42 PM
Or play Halo... whatever is out now. ODST? haha. Really it's no good if we whine and pout about things, only actions can satisfy us. Meaning, go play another game. There is nothing you can do, surely, after 1200 hours. I may even go play some pokemon for a bit, and come back to PSZ like... later today. Or tommorow. Haha.

New Movies, games, and music are becoming crap anyways. Does anyone notice this? Sure there may be some people with talent and such, but things aren't as good as they were....meh.

Westcoat
Jul 23, 2010, 01:45 PM
Go outside and ride a bike.

Or play a competitive sport.

:)

Cruciarius
Jul 23, 2010, 02:35 PM
It's so hard for me to keep an active list now, unlike a couple months ago, when I could stay up till 6am playing with 10+ active friends on :(

Same here. Granted I've been playing less than I used to, but I used to be able to go on WiFi and see several people on. Now... I'm lucky to see 1 and even then, lucky to have them not in a game. And that is if I can even get on WiFi. Since the summer hit, the humidity here has gone up, which apparently interferes with my DS WiFi signal.

So to occupy most of my PSZ time, I've been hunting the cake shop. Got my HUnewearl up to 98, started hunting it around 90-ish... so tired of the Valley. ^^;

Granted PSZ is a DS title, so should be expected to be smaller than PSO, but it's been said in the passed that it doesn't use the entire DS card. PSZ only takes up about half the DS cart space. That means Sega COULD have added at least 2 more zones, more hostiles, levels, items and even mags. I'd have liked to have seen an even harder difficulty.

That said, I still enjoy the game.

Cruciarius
Jul 23, 2010, 02:38 PM
New Movies, games, and music are becoming crap anyways. Does anyone notice this? Sure there may be some people with talent and such, but things aren't as good as they were....meh.

That's because all the little kids want better graphics and bigger explosions. They could care less about story, game play, plot, replay value, etc. It's really sad.

Chukie sue
Jul 23, 2010, 03:26 PM
Go outside and ride a bike.

Or play a competitive sport.

:)

Soccer and Volleyball will get you addicted :O

Same here. Granted I've been playing less than I used to, but I used to be able to go on WiFi and see several people on. Now... I'm lucky to see 1 and even then, lucky to have them not in a game. And that is if I can even get on WiFi. Since the summer hit, the humidity here has gone up, which apparently interferes with my DS WiFi signal.

So to occupy most of my PSZ time, I've been hunting the cake shop. Got my HUnewearl up to 98, started hunting it around 90-ish... so tired of the Valley. ^^;

Granted PSZ is a DS title, so should be expected to be smaller than PSO, but it's been said in the passed that it doesn't use the entire DS card. PSZ only takes up about half the DS cart space. That means Sega COULD have added at least 2 more zones, more hostiles, levels, items and even mags. I'd have liked to have seen an even harder difficulty.

That said, I still enjoy the game.

Agreed. I myself would have loved a higher difficulty level as well ._.

RoxasNeval
Jul 23, 2010, 03:28 PM
w-wow 1200 hours? You ever seen the sun??? :O
This forum rlly looks like a trolling 1... I just hope we get a Ps02,more areas,content,more customization i would definitely get that :D

Chukie sue
Jul 23, 2010, 03:39 PM
w-wow 1200 hours? You ever seen the sun??? :O
This forum rlly looks like a trolling 1... I just hope we get a Ps02,more areas,content,more customization i would definitely get that :D

We're not that bad :x

Actually, most people usually say things like "wow this forum is really friendly and helpful"... no lie ._.

Cruciarius
Jul 23, 2010, 04:03 PM
Forum = the entire PSZ... well, forum.

I think that user meant thread, which is what this is... this thread is called "Game Over for psz", which is clearly a troll thread. Not the entire forum is trolls.

CptDeelishus
Jul 25, 2010, 12:53 AM
Don't grind.

Have fun.

It is a game.

Giggity.

I've been doing this and I'm actually getting kinda bored of this game. I only picked it back up again (after 5 months of being absent from this game for personal reasons) and am getting immensely tired.

I'm beginning to realize why my brother doesn't like Phantasy Star games, in general. The combat is pretty mediocre, it gets VERY repetitive VERY fast, the game feels like it could do with MORE. (Though, that'd be tough for this iteration).

I always bring this up... Diablo II always did it for me, in an RPG sense. The amount you could do with just ONE character was astounding. There weren't class limitations to items (though in Lord of Destruction there are, but those are only based upon one specific item type. Example: shields for Necromancers and Paladins and etc.). The gameplay was fast and it felt really good to just kill everything and anything at a quick pace.

Though, I'll give Phantasy Star Zero's community a better rating than Diablo's. God, I really hate people in Diablo II.

This is just me, though. I like the way Diablo II works more than a majority of RP-... all RPGs. Just thinking about it makes me kinda want to play it.

Who here is USWest? Add: CptDeelishus and FOODTROSITY to your friend list!

EDIT: Heh, didn't notice that there were 4 whole pages to this incident, and now I have to look at what everyone said and hope that this still makes sense... [now adding more content, due to reviewing other comments I missed!:]

New X are getting worse and worse? A majority of it is, yes. Music, especially. Ugh... I really hate music now a days. I'm really hoping this doesn't stay true, because... I don't want to be stuck in the 90s.

Games, they're kinda up and down. More recently, I've been growing fond of Bioware's Mass Effect series. Love the way everything is in that game. The story is magnificent, the music in it is actually pretty good, etc. I love this game. Probably too much, but whatever. This is only one example. I should add more, but I'm getting tired.

Movies. I haven't seen very many movies, recently. Avatar was really depressingly poor. It was only enjoyable with Rifftrax (the only reason I got the DVD other than the fact that we wanted to see HD with our new HDTV). But, yeah, things have been going kinda slow in this area. Maybe it is just me, my life's been kinda down in the dumps. So maybe I don't notice much anymore.

Eh, to end on a better note: who here likes candy?

PSZFann
Jul 25, 2010, 02:22 AM

i still can most days :)

although i have you and NEVER seen you on so...

PSZFann
Jul 25, 2010, 02:33 AM
*yawn*

Yawn?? wow dude your the one who made this thread and now you are saying yawn?? is this a defeat yawn.. cause thats what it sounds like to me... you have nothing else to say cause you know we are right and you need to just shut up so you put something to descise your loss like yawn..:etongue:

Ranmaru
Jul 25, 2010, 03:58 PM
Yawn?? wow dude your the one who made this thread and now you are saying yawn?? is this a defeat yawn.. cause thats what it sounds like to me... you have nothing else to say cause you know we are right and you need to just shut up so you put something to descise your loss like yawn..:etongue:

"you have nothing else to say".

Yup, that's what it is. xP Or he just doesn't care. ;p

Liasis
Jul 25, 2010, 04:25 PM
"you have nothing else to say".

Yup, that's what it is. xP Or he just doesn't care. ;p

Why should he care about that?

Donīt care, it wonīt change anything.

bns1991
Jul 25, 2010, 06:43 PM
This has been the best thread for me in terms of replies ^^;.........however i just give my opinion on the subject and get attacked........people shouldnt worry about the way I feel about it and just enjoy playing the game. Im sure there are many that feel the way I do. I love the game, but my initial point was only that i think it will lose popularity overtime. sensitive players cant accept that but they will have to live with it. Oh and i NEVER concede defeat in a debate...im much too proud.....hahaha (in my jeezy voice....lol)

Sinue_v2
Jul 25, 2010, 08:30 PM
Maybe it'd live a little longer if we don't speak of this.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me, and would you really endorse (self)censorship out of fear it might hurt the game's reputation? If you have to enter into the mindset that critical views on the game should not be expressed in order to keep it alive, then the game is already dead. While PSOworld may have the highest concentration of PSZ players, it is only a very small fraction of the game's total userbase... and nothing you guys say or do here will affect how they do or don't play/enjoy the game.

If anything is killing it in this regard, it's the DS's lack of a game-lobby where you can meet and make new friends among random players. Even though you can play in random matchmaking, the lack of communication there prevents the exchange of friend codes... forcing players to bolster their friends list via online forums. (And is that really any better/safer?)

Note: I actually don't have a problem with PSZ, and it's one of my favorite DS titles. Any issues I have are either one of interface (Nintendo's DS design vs. my hands) or broader issues with irritation over the direction Sonic Team has taken the PS franchise as a whole since the classic days. Though Sega's been forgiven a bit recently with their decision to publish P*/NudeMaker's Infinite Space for the DS, which has a pretty godly storyline.

Red Ring
Jul 25, 2010, 08:41 PM
I think any normal person who isn't in some sort of phantasy fetish got bored of this game after 3 weeks of play.

kirtblue
Jul 25, 2010, 11:12 PM
I think any normal person who isn't in some sort of phantasy fetish got bored of this game after 3 weeks of play.

roflmao i guess i got another fetish

Chukie sue
Jul 26, 2010, 11:07 AM
i still can most days :)

although i have you and NEVER seen you on so...

maybe I forgot to add you :/

I cant right now though, anyway. My game isnt working... and I dont know whether I'll be able to recover the data from it :/

archlvt
Jul 26, 2010, 04:21 PM
"people shouldnt worry about the way I feel about it"

This is what I don't understand. If you don't want people to worry about the way you feel about it, then why TELL people the way you feel about it? Do you get a pat on the back for stating your opinion on a forum? This is a place of discussion, not a place to think out loud and throw idle thoughts around. That's what a blog is for.

TheFantasticGarden
Jul 26, 2010, 04:29 PM
I Have To Agree With The Thread Starter, Psz Is Pretty Much Dead, Even Though New People Come Frequently

Noblewine
Jul 27, 2010, 07:25 PM
The game just started what do you expect?
It has pick up and play quality that make it fun, I doubt its going to die.
The only mode is free too so the game will probably last longer than expected.

Sunandmoon
Jul 30, 2010, 09:17 PM
This game was released less than a year ago how can it already be this dead? :( Still haven't found someone to trade FC's with....

rickfrior
Jul 30, 2010, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't say it's dead myself... In fact, I got into playing the game again.

And I'll happily add you to my list, Sunandmoon.

Sunandmoon
Jul 30, 2010, 10:03 PM
Okay, I added you too! :)

aaronayl1
Jul 31, 2010, 06:42 AM
Rick, I hope you don't mind, but I'm a new player looking for some friends on this as well, so I added you. Hope you add me. :)

rickfrior
Jul 31, 2010, 10:32 AM
Done and done, my friend! :p

aaronayl1
Jul 31, 2010, 12:23 PM
Cool, well I'll be online for the next coue of hours. If I see anyone making a game I'll quit out and join. :)

SolarSamurai
Aug 15, 2010, 03:27 AM
Its not exactly dead. thats wrong way of putting it. I see it as people take breaks or ccould grow from it.