PDA

View Full Version : GC: At a loss...

Eum
Mar 6, 2003, 09:48 PM
I just recently killed my FOmarl for a FOnewearl, as I was growing tired of her sub-par MST. I usually played full-on FO, as opposed to a melee/support combination. The only thing I really appreciated from her was her high HP.

Now, with my new FOnewearl, I'm content with stats, but I'm not sure how I want to set her up so she'll be both primarily MST-driven, and somewhat tough (in terms of taking a beating).

So, basically, how should I set her up? Her MAG I'm finishing, and it's going to be that typical 185 MST MAG. I'm not willing to change this, and doing so wouldn't make much of a difference anyway. DFP isn't amazing, in my opinion. I really only have three slots open, considering I want to keep the Devil/Technique I found equipped at all times. Should I fill the other three slots up with support units? HP units? I'm really not sure.

Also, as for weapons, should I equip a weapon with a DFP boost over one with a MST boost? I was hoping to focus on technique boost with these as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Please, don't just waltz in and post your FO's layout. I want some elaboration on why it is the way it is, and how it has affected your experience with a FO overall.

[Edit] Oh, and this character will be a mixture of offline and on, if that helps you any. And I put this in this particular forum because it has more to do with items than anything else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eum on 2003-03-06 18:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eum on 2003-03-06 19:03 ]</font>

Kupi
Mar 6, 2003, 10:13 PM
I'd say you're on the right track with the Mag. The FOnewearl, more than anything, needs a huge MST boost not because she runs a deficit but because she has such a high maximum.

For a weapon, I'd recommending assembling a Summit Moon, if you can. It's got the natural EVP boost that any Cane-type weapon has, boosts Simple Techs (something the FOnewearl's already got, which makes the boost even better) and even has an MST boost on it as well. The EVP boost is nice because the FOnewearl already has high EVP, and it's much better to block an attack and run away than get hit, potentially getting you surrounded and beaten to a pulp in an online game.

As for defenses, you ought to be okay with either A) a good tank in online play, B) Deband and Jellen offline, or C) a mixture of both. Having someone to take hits for you while their DFP is boosted and the enemies have minimal attacking power is the best way to keep yourself out of trouble.

Units, I have no clue on. Possibly /HP units if you want to get a little extra leeway in getting hit, or more /Technique units to do more damage. Or /Body units, since those are a tad more effective at boosting their stat than are /Legs units.

I hope there's something helpful in there. ^_^

Ryu_4
Mar 7, 2003, 12:06 PM
well my force is equipped with hildebears cane...it boosts def and mst alot but it only increases foie as for the defense lol when i was trying to beat falz and i used like 60 def mats lol and i have lvl 30 deband http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif so my defense is about 700

Blue-Hawk
Mar 7, 2003, 01:08 PM
if your offline mainly, then forces dont really need much in the way of defense units. my lv 83 has 3 angel/mind++ and a god/mind. and she kicks arse, when i use her that is. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif