PDA

View Full Version : Trap Usage

Westcoat
Jul 23, 2010, 09:18 PM
Hey guys.

I am currently still on my first character which is a HUcast (Lv23). I've been trying to mess with my palette with my character and so far I have the default attack palette and as my second palette I have Heal Trap - Dimate - Monomate.

Does anyone use any of the traps besides Heal Trap? I find it the most useful and the best priced at 50G. It recovers 50% of your HP and revives the incapacitated.

Thoughts?

zeital
Jul 23, 2010, 09:21 PM
either heal trap or fire trap, but thats about it

Seth Astra
Jul 23, 2010, 09:23 PM
Nope. Just heal traps. The others are just weird to use. Plus, why bother slapping a status on something that will die in 5 seconds anyway?

leviayurashyguy
Jul 23, 2010, 09:26 PM
Heat Traps are truly effective against boosted enemies, rare mobs, and mothers

Broken_L_button
Jul 23, 2010, 09:29 PM
Fire is VERY useful against big monsters, even in multiplayer. The others are only there in case the battle drags on for a long time (read here: you're up ALONE against 2 Zaphobos, and 1 boosted Zaphobos Dyna in the arena; in this case, confusion does wonders) or you can't seem to position yourself right to bash on the enemy's skull (read here: Helions going jump-happy; freeze is awesome there).

pkrockin
Jul 24, 2010, 03:49 PM
Definitely use fire traps. Heat is a powerful debuff in Super Hard, so you'll be using that. Confuse traps can be good, I guess, maybe. Haven't used them much.

Galax
Jul 24, 2010, 04:18 PM
Definitely use fire traps. Heat is a powerful debuff in Super Hard, so you'll be using that. Confuse traps can be good, I guess, maybe. Haven't used them much.

Light (aka Confusion) Traps?
Izhrak-S6 says Hi.
Try that, and making them murder each other :3

pkrockin
Jul 24, 2010, 10:01 PM
Izhrak-S6 says Hi.
Try that, and making them murder each other :3

Meh, I'd rather just kill them myself and be done with it. They don't give me issues.

Macman
Jul 24, 2010, 10:20 PM
Izhrak-S6 says Hi.
Try that, and making them murder each other :3Wonder if they'd try to hit each other with those flashbombs and perpetuate confusion between each other.

HeartBreak301
Jul 26, 2010, 02:43 AM
Heal Traps can act as scape dolls if you set them before you die as well. Burn Traps do insane damage to mothers. The others I don't bother with. Actually I hardly carry traps anymore on my HUcast outside of tower runs.

Galax
Jul 26, 2010, 09:44 AM
Meh, I'd rather just kill them myself and be done with it. They don't give me issues.

Heh, if my RAmar could use those traps, I would no longer die because of those little (insert cussrant here).