PDA

View Full Version : Test your knowledge

voodlar
Jul 24, 2010, 12:11 AM
Haha don't get the wrong idea. Here is some trivia for you to have fun with. I'd like to think I've played the heck out of Phantasy Star 2,3 and 4 but you're never too old to learn. I'll space the answers down so as not to spoil your fun. If you think I messed up, let me know (so I can edit my answer ;-).) Or better yet; hit me with a few questions of your own.

Warning, answering all of the following correctly makes you a hard-core classic PS fan and player in my opinion. Otherwise, you may find this a bit difficult. Good luck, don't cheat, and have fun! (spelling does not count)

In PSII:

1) What are the 2 types of creatures who can reproduce during combat?
2) Do all of your party members have to die in combat for your game to end in failure?
3) How many dams are there on Mota for you to open and how are they identified?
4) What 4 crowns can certain females wear for head protection?
5) What 4 items share the ability to cast gires when used in combat?
6) What is the name of the little plateau on Dezo where the Esper Mansion is located after you go through Crevice?
7) Do you ever actually get to kill a Tracer?
8 ) Where can find a Vorcano?
9) What does the technique Savol do?
10) Where can you find a Forest?

In PSIII:
11) Are any of the 3rd gen main characters pure-blooded Orakians?
12) In the final dungeon at Lashute, what's the name of the final reskin of the robed witches? HINT: She has a gray/purple robe, back row enemy, and a devastaing attack when she waves at you.
13) Where is Orakio's sword found?
14) What legendary weapons get upgraded into "Nei-weapons"?
15) Aside from the legendary/nei weapons, what is the next most powerful class of weapons (for sale)?
16) Which 3rd gen monster's normal attack will automatically one-hit-kill a char?
17) What are the two moons / satellites called?
18 ) What is the name of the entire 7-domed world?
19) Where 3 accessories do you need to find for Wren to complete the game?
20) Is Laia a good sport?

In PSIV:
21) Who or what is Prophellus? (spelling?)
22) What kills Dimensionworms and Outerbeasts in one devasting shot?
23) What combo results from Holy Word and Diem?
24) What combo results from Effess and Crosscut?
25) What can an Anthropod and a Silvault combine to form?
26) What special ability does a Genocyclaw sometimes perform.
27) What is hanging on a wall in Alys' home for Chaz?
28 ) Can you run into a sandworm in a random fight when you are not in a vehicle (and not on the one job / mission)?
29) What is "Anothrgate"?
30) What chemical cures the people who have been turned to stone in Birth Valley?

Okay, here are my answers: (I hope variations in Playstation vs Genesis don't cause some of them to be incorrect.)

1) slugmess and blastoid
2) no, sleep will do it too - it lasts the entire battle in PSII
3) 4 red, yellow, blue, green
4) Sil Crown, Snow Crown, Nei Crown, and Shir can steal a JWL Crown
5) Truth Slvs, Amber Robe, Aegis, Crescegear
6) Alplatin
7) no - they are on Gaira, you only have Prsncloths and must run
8 ) Guaron (at higher levels) is the only place I've seen them (they are the dark green reskins of Firefall & Kinglava)
9) kills all creatures - Hugh learns it eventually - it can miss
10) Climatrol - 8th lvl is only place I've seen it-- you might never even encounter it unless you're hunting (reskin of Kitedrgn and Glowstick)

11) no - Rhys and Nial are 100% Orakian, but Nial's bride options are Laia and Alair (Layans)
12) Khalida
13) underwater temple in lake south of Yaata
14) Orakio's sword, Miun's claw, Siren's shot, Lune's slicer, Laya's bow
15) planar weapons --- Royal stuff isn't bad either
16) Gnasher -- I made a post about this a ways back
17) Azura and Dahlia
18 ) AlisaIII - I made a Heroes of M&M map to depict this on 3.5" floppy years ago using the map editor and it played awesome!! 8-)
19) sub parts, aero parts, and water parts
20) Yes - after being Nial's 2nd gen quest companion and getting rejected for marriage, she rejoins his son Aron on his quest in the 3rd gen

21) a single entity monster you may encounter in the last dungeon (the one with the psychotic background)
22) any Gra -based tech -- they are the skinny diamond-head creatures that have like 3 and 4 hp but anything else does 1 damage to them
23) Purify Light - wipes out all spirt / ghost type enemies in 1 shot
24) Grandcross
25) LifeDeleter - I found them in that Vahal Fort (last job) - tough enemy (it may be a reskin of Silvault like Goldeen or something)
26) it can insta-kill a monster - triggers kind of randomly
27) a workout - this is absolutely useless - think of it as a bonus question
28 ) yes - and if you're not hi enough level, could be a game ender -- in fact a miniworm can go under ground in the middle of combat and get the big boy
29) a tech used by a weak/early form of dark force, the one that your temporary companion (i forget his name) turns into on the one island around mid game or perhaps earlier
30) Ashline

Drac_Mazoku
Jul 24, 2010, 08:57 AM
Argh, you had to give the answer!! I wanted to give them all myself!!! But fun test anyway :)

Gibdozer
Aug 6, 2010, 01:52 AM
haha nice lil trick question with PS II and sleep ending your game, can't believe I missed that one! Great list of questions, that was fun.